Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Warming up on Geno...

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Geno played in the spread offense which tends to inflate completion percentages because of wide open receivers.

Smith is not a bad prospect, but he isn't in the Luck RGiii class either. Taking a huge risk at nine is dumb when there are viable prospects that will be available in the second round.
    Stop comparing people to Luck. Very few draft ever have a guy like that. Even Manning wasn't considered as highly as Luck was coming out and before him Elway was the guy. No other QB that has been drafted in the last 40 years is in that category. Just those 3. RG3 was no sure bet. Still isn't. Had knee injury history in college and low and behold there it is again. Injury came with him and that is not can't miss. He is still without a doubt a high risk guy that could never play a full year.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Brett Favre when he was in GB

Not too shabby
    Favre was drafted by the Falcons............

Mcnabb was best QB drafted by Reid IMO.

No way overrated

I dont want Geno.Invest in a qb lower rounds.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Pat White Jr.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    geno is a pure pocket passer who rarely runs.....not even close to pat white in playing stlye and size.......draft a qb in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Pat White Jr.

If the front office believes in Geno Smith and he drops, I'd like to believe he'll be playing for us.

You can pore over the stats of this kind of QB being a success for this kind of team at this draft position in leap years or whatever, I understand why people do think that way, but the sample sizes are so small and it's all so immaterial. It matters so much less than getting the right guy in.

Veteran
    No way you draft him at 9. If he's going to slide and Jets
    Want him trade down.

All Pro
    From this draft there's only 2 QBs i want from the 1st 3 rounds, and by the way the experts are talking, i can get either late in the 3rd.

Tyler Bray: Classic drop back passer with big arm excellent size and quick release.

Zac Dysert: Classic drop back passer in the Chad Pennington mold with a slightly better arm than Pennington.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    From this draft there's only 2 QBs i want from the 1st 3 rounds, and by the way the experts are talking, i can get either late in the 3rd.

Tyler Bray: Classic drop back passer with big arm excellent size and quick release.

Zac Dysert: Classic drop back passer in the Chad Pennington mold with a slightly better arm than Pennington.
    Love him too. He'd be a steal in the 3rd round.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Love him too. He'd be a steal in the 3rd round.
    I think either would be a steal in rd 3. Dysert can be more effective in the WCO as he moves well to either way and can throw accurately on the run. His arm strength is a shade under Big Ben's. He is also a tough sob!

Question: if we do draft a young guy and he shows potential but McElroy shows the same, what do we do? Especially if we have Garrard and Kolb in the mix. In other words someone has to go! Who will it be? Tebow, Sanchez, and McElroy if the vets show well is my opinion. Re the Sanchez money , when there is the will , there will be a way!

Jets Insider VIP

Interesting comparison re Dysert and Chad. I have read and heard many more comparisons to Big Ben. They all did say that his arm strength is not quite as elite as Ben's but very much above average. CHADWICK never had that. Plus Dysert can move and throw very accurately on the run to either side. I think Dysert will be there for us in RD 3 and I think he will be a Jet. Didn't Bray have some maturity issues? yet he has an elite arm and great height. I do like both QBs.

Once again I am dumber from reading your post.

Andy Reid has the #1 overall pick, and he chose Alex Smith and Chase Daniels over Geno
    Me too, after reading this.

You made a helluva jump in logic, and it's not logical.
    Ex.
    1.) Maybe, they needed an NFL ready QB, Alex is ready.
    2.) Alex is a former almost all pro-- in comparison with him over a pretty good college qB, is like saying East Village HS won state, so they should be able to beat Rutgers in Football, as they had an off year.

Sure there's more, but this is enough.

All Pro
    sanchez, tebow, mcelroy, gerrard, cassell, kolb, geno smith

superbowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    sanchez, tebow, mcelroy, gerrard, cassell, kolb, geno smith

superbowl!
    'just say no' to Geno

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Interesting comparison re Dysert and Chad. I have read and heard many more comparisons to Big Ben. They all did say that his arm strength is not quite as elite as Ben's but very much above average. CHADWICK never had that. Plus Dysert can move and throw very accurately on the run to either side. I think Dysert will be there for us in RD 3 and I think he will be a Jet. Didn't Bray have some maturity issues? yet he has an elite arm and great height. I do like both QBs.
    It's not my comparrison, it's Tony's from the Insiders. I love the kid, but couldn't put my finger on why. Reading tony's comments on the insider, he mentioned how the Kid was like the coach on the field, how he knew the offense and was basically putting the players in the right positions play after play on the field.He said he was more like Chad pennington due to his understanding of the game of football. That's when it clicked for me because if you watched any of the games Miami of Ohio played, especially against Ohio State at the shoe, the only reason Dysert's team scored was because of him.

It was like the men against the kids, and Dysert was getting clobbered.

Once again I am dumber from reading your post.

Andy Reid has the #1 overall pick, and he chose Alex Smith and Chase Daniels over Geno

If Andy doesn't like him, and Andy knows QB's, it's good enough for me.
    I can't imagine Andy Reid and Marty Morninwheg being too far apart on their opinion of Geno either. So yeah... with as many holes as this team has, the best thing to do is get a sure-fire starter, the positions where we most glaringly need an immediate starter are: offensive line, corner, tight end, or outside linebacker, we can find an interim solution at QB, and take a rook with a later pick if the plan is to sit them for a year anyway.

dysert is the qb i hope the jets take later on. he's mobile and accurate in the short and intermediate distance. bray has all the physical tools but sounds like a project to get ready to start in the nfl.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    dysert is the qb i hope the jets take later on. he's mobile and accurate in the short and intermediate distance. bray has all the physical tools but sounds like a project to get ready to start in the nfl.
    If he wasn't a project, he would be the 1st player chosen in this draft.We're talking about taking the kid with the best tools in this draft in the 3rd round or with your 3rd selection in the draft.