Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny Woodhead a Charger!

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You didn't watch alot of games where the Pats needed 3 yards for a crucial first down and Danny slipped through a tiny hole in the line for 7. Obviously you didn't.

No superstar by a long shot, but a GREAT role player. I'm sorry to see him go.
    Woodhead is "GREAT" all of a sudden? HAHAHA. Where were these die-hard New England Patriots fans in the early 90's when Foxboro was getting 35,000 on Sunday afternoons? Now any scrub who plays with Brady is Canton-bound.

I've seen plenty of Danny Goodhead both as a Jet and Pat smartguy. Leon Washington is going to do a much better job doing that impossible job catching passes from Brady in the flats. Enjoy.

sucks for me, He is just the type of guy that is so easy to root for. But with Ballard, Ridley and Vereen it just wasn't it the cards once the pats got Washington.

What sucks is that playing in SD I will never get to see him on tv either. If he would have went to the giants I would have been able to see him 6 times a year.

I hope he got a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    He can't run inside between the tackles in a conventional offense. Yeah, when Brady spreads out the defense and they are in the dime ofcourse Goodhead can run up the middle anyone can.

He returns kicks? Any halfway competent NFL skill position player can return kicks.

I will never understand the boy-love people on this site have for this guy it's like they want another Wayne Chrebet-type so badly.
    Huh, other than being white and small, he's not comparable to Wayne Chrebet at all. In fact, he's similar to the guy he replaced in NE, Kevin Faulk.

Woodhead is "GREAT" all of a sudden? HAHAHA. Where were these die-hard New England Patriots fans in the early 90's when Foxboro was getting 35,000 on Sunday afternoons? Now any scrub who plays with Brady is Canton-bound.

I've seen plenty of Danny Goodhead both as a Jet and Pat smartguy. Leon Washington is going to do a much better job doing that impossible job catching passes from Brady in the flats. Enjoy.

And where were the jet fans who bought tickets and still did ot go to the games before Parcells, I remember the meadowlands being1/2 empty even with all the seat sold. The pats had terrible ownership back then and the product those owners put on the field sucked and the fans refused to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Huh, other than being white and small, he's not comparable to Wayne Chrebet at all. In fact, he's similar to the guy he replaced in NE, Kevin Faulk.
    Chrebet was also actually a good NFL player who had a long career and didn't need an all-time QB to make him look good. Goodhead is a glorified backup JAG RB who will be a memory this time next year after he fades away in San Diego without Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And where were the jet fans who bought tickets and still did ot go to the games before Parcells, I remember the meadowlands being1/2 empty even with all the seat sold. The pats had terrible ownership back then and the product those owners put on the field sucked and the fans refused to buy it.
    Give me a break Jets fans are the most loyal fans in the game. I bought and paid for tickets during the Kotite era. These trendy New England fans make me sick. Where were you clowns 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Who?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0Hj7f1Rmo

Chrebet was also actually a good NFL player who had a long career and didn't need an all-time QB to make him look good. Goodhead is a glorified backup JAG RB who will be a memory this time next year after he fades away in San Diego without Brady.
    Why do you dislike the guy so much? small school, small guy overcomes the odds and makes a nfl team.

Banned
    Give me a break Jets fans are the most loyal fans in the game. I bought and paid for tickets during the Kotite era. These trendy New England fans make me sick. Where were you clowns 20 years ago?
    Then why are all those empty seats during Jets home games at Giants Stadium like they were last year?

I had season tickets from the late 70s to 1993. When my 2nd son was born. It sucked being a Patriot fan but that does not mean I am a better fan than the under 35YO guys who never knew what futility was. It isn't trendy to be a fan of a team that for the last 20 years since kraft purchased the team thru 3 head coaches have been successful.

edit- I never thought my friends were less of fans than I was because they did not want to watch a terrible team and pay the ridiculous price of $185 in 1978 to $375 in 1992 to be a STH
    Last edited by patman; 03-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.

I loved Leon, thought Woodhead was a Cinderella story and have never been high on McKnight. Guess who's still a Jet??

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'll never understand why Jets fans hate this kid.

We should've dropped McKnight's ass like a bad habit and kept Woodhead around.
    Jets fans don't "hate" him - just tired of hearing how Hall of Fame-worthy he is because the Pats picked him up. Decent player, thats it. Small white dude so that makes him All Pro around here as well.