Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins are the Best Team in the AFC East

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Tannehill will be a huge bust. Trust me in two years you'll look back and laugh.
    +1000, and they lost Reggie Bush

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Dolphins will be this year's team that wins March free agent sweepstakes and busts in the fall. There is a reason why Parcells and Belichick never spent big money on a wide receiver like Wallace, they just aren't worth it. You can win if you have a great QB, even with mediocre receivers, but you can't make a mediocre QB great with great receivers. Tannehill has to show he is elite before Miami gets good and I don't believe he will. In a year or two the Dolphins will be in cap hell for all the money they've paid out, and Ireland will be fired just like Tanny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    +1000, and they lost Reggie Bush
    It's not 2011 skippy. Reggie Bush was not very good at all last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't care what the fair-weather Pats fans say they took a significant step backwards not resigning Welker. Jet are not in as bad a situation as the media is making it out to be and I think they will be an improved team next season but we are 8-8 or 9-7 playing for a wildcard at best. Bills are as inept as ever.

Meanwhile the Dolphins have given an up and coming QB (Tannhill) an excellent WR, a pretty good receiving TE, and their defensive front 7 is very good and the best in the division.
    And their ol is merely average. If they lose Long it will be below average.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Its geography

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    How many Dolphins trolls do we have that post here every damn day? In comparison to Pats ones?
    I live in Ft lauderdale. Sports talk radio, is filled down here with jet haters,including the hosts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny right there.

AFCE wins next year:

Pats: 12-14
    Phins: 8-10
    Bills: 5-7
    Jets: 4-6
    What a surprise prediction from a Pats homer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    What a surprise prediction from a Pats homer.
    Why is that surprising?

Over the last 3 seasons, the Pats have averaged 13 wins a season.

Let's see your win predictions for 2013.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHAHA....Some of these threads are really funny.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody saying that the dolphins are going to win the division this year are crazy. As long as Brady is on the pats, or until Tannehill proves himself to be a franchise qb, that just wont happen, or shouldn't be predicted anyways. The dolphins may have more talent across the board, but it doesn't matter if you don't have the qb.

However, for the people saying Tannehill is going to bust, what is that based on? Rookie year stats? Most consider his rookie year pretty succesful. He didn't have any talent around him either, and he didn't collapse like Sanchez did because of it. He actually made the players around him better.

Also, alot of people are saying how we're going to struggle without our starting cornerback, runningback, and LT. Jake Long may very well resign. Sean smith was one of the worst cb's in the league last year, so I don't think we're going to miss that very much. And we have 2 young running backs that we've drafted recently that can make up for reggie bush pretty easily. We also have around 15 million, and 5 draft picks in the first 3 rounds to fill in those areas, so I think by the time training camp starts we should be ok.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. Phins have absoulutely no secondary anymore, they lost Sean Smith.

Pats have no secondary either.......

......... But they have Tom Brady

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually very fair to the Pats. When everyone else on this site is busy saying Tom Brady is overrated I call him the best QB in the history of the NFL. They lost Welker, their defense still sucks. Maybe they sign a couple FA's to upgrade their D but until then the Dolphins are the more talented team.
    Nobody says Brady is overrated. He's gay, but he's one of the best 2 QBs in the league. That's why we say Bellicheck is overrated because he cannot win despite having the best QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I live in Ft lauderdale. Sports talk radio, is filled down here with jet haters,including the hosts.
    Isn't Sid Rosenberg down there on his 20th job in the past 5 years? Amazing how that clown fails at every job, gets in trouble gets no ratings yet someone is always ready to hire him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care what the fair-weather Pats fans say they took a significant step backwards not resigning Welker. Jet are not in as bad a situation as the media is making it out to be and I think they will be an improved team next season but we are 8-8 or 9-7 playing for a wildcard at best. Bills are as inept as ever.

Meanwhile the Dolphins have given an up and coming QB (Tannhill) an excellent WR, a pretty good receiving TE, and their defensive front 7 is very good and the best in the division.
    LOL oh boy....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Nobody says Brady is overrated. He's gay, but he's one of the best 2 QBs in the league. That's why we say Bellicheck is overrated because he cannot win despite having the best QB.
    Belichick is overrated? That's an intelligent statement.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by docdhc View Post
    I think the Dolphins will be this year's team that wins March free agent sweepstakes and busts in the fall. There is a reason why Parcells and Belichick never spent big money on a wide receiver like Wallace, they just aren't worth it. You can win if you have a great QB, even with mediocre receivers, but you can't make a mediocre QB great with great receivers. Tannehill has to show he is elite before Miami gets good and I don't believe he will. In a year or two the Dolphins will be in cap hell for all the money they've paid out, and Ireland will be fired just like Tanny.
    Cap hell for all of the money we paid out? What money? To 1 player? We saved money with the 2 linebackers. The reciever can be cut after year 3 with almost no loss in cap. The 4.5 million to keller for 1 year. Our GM actually knows what he is doing. He plans more than a year in advance, and you can see that with the way the contracts are structured. To compare him to Tanny is an insult. The reason you guys are in cap hell is because Tanny took a shot at a superbowl and missed. It's not like this year is superbowl or bust for the dolphins. They are just filling in pieces. The main core of our players still come from the draft.

The reason you guys are in cap hell (even tho that's exagerated and is only for 1 year) is because you have a bunch of huge contracts that you can't get out of. Any big contract we have (which again is only 1 player) we can get out of if they underperform.

So again, please explain how we are going to be in cap hell, or just admit that that is homer talk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He won 11 games with Cassel? This whole argument is so overdone. Either Brady sucks, Belichick sucks, or they are just flat out cheating. They can't possibly both be good at their jobs. Unpossible.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's also only day 4 of free agency. All the talk of the dolphins losing sean smith and having no secondary, or losing jake long and how we wont be able to keep Tannehill on his feet is just dumb at this point. You can say that in July but not on day 4 of free agency. If people are going to talk like that, well then how will the Jets do anything but forfeit every game. They don't even have enough players to field a roster.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Ryan Tannehill, 12 TD's 13 INT's 3200 yards=Up and coming franchise QB?

Really? REALLY??? You're going to declare MIA better than the Pats simply because NE replaced Welker with Amendola and MIA signed Keller and Wallace to play with the great and amazing Ryan ****ing Tannehill??!?!? Come on now!
    He's Mark Sanchez part 2. I hated him as a 1st round pro prospect at A&M and I hate him now. He'll skid by but in a few years I seriously think the Dolphins will be where we are now. Admitting their mistakes and moving on.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 03-15-2013 at 03:39 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On pap maybe but not on the field jack!!! We'll See

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

we should sticky this one