Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins are the Best Team in the AFC East

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I never said Amendola won't be affective

He's just now Welker, which was a huge piece of the effectiveness of Brady and the passing game.

And the bold part is just a crock of BS

Welker was one of the quickest players in the slot in the league, that is what made him so effective. Funny how the new players are better than the players they are replacing
    I know, Belichick woke up the other day and said to himself, "I feel like making my team worse. People keep saying I can only win with Brady. I'm going to shoot his ass in the foot and let's find out, just to stop the haters like Ray, shall we?"

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    lol.........I close my eyes and I can see bellychicky doing just that

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I know, Belichick woke up the other day and said to himself, "I feel like making my team worse. People keep saying I can only win with Brady. I'm going to shoot his ass in the foot and let's find out, just to stop the haters like Ray, shall we?"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    How does your belief that Brady's deep ball abilty have to to with my post concerning the routes being run 5 yards deeper and more to the sidelines. By the way I don't know of a better QB on a Deep out than Brady, with the exception of maybe Cutler. Do you know the differece between a deep out and a downfield throw?

Sooth is going to have to give football and or reading tests before letting some of you post.
    Bradys arm is declining and he can't/doesn't run, but keep dreaming of some 2007-type spread offense with a fragile player 1/2 as good as the one you just let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Bradys arm is declining and he can't/doesn't run, but keep dreaming of some 2007-type spread offense with a fragile player 1/2 as good as the one you just let go.
    psst, Brady's arm has never been all that good.

psst, Flacco, Stafford, Vick all have superior arms and are still inferior quarterbacks.

psst, Peyton can barely throw the ball 15 yards, yet will be a top 5 QB next season.

psst, having elite QB brains is much more important than having an arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Who cares if he can run, he has never run. And no the pats won't run the 2007 offense, in 2007 they didn't have Gronk or Hernandez, Ridley or Vereen.
    In the same post you quoted, I said what i thought the offense was going to evolve to and again you mention that I believe it will be a remake of the 2007 scheme. Please read and understand before responding.

And do you understand what 1/2 as good is? Do you understand that the difference between the average NFL player and a cut player is miniscule, tenths of seconds, the abilty to to complete one more pass in 10 throws.

Do you understand that Amendola caught 70 passes last year with Bradford throwing him the ball so quick because his oline sucked that bad.

If the pats were going to keep the same offense and scheme they would have kept Welker.

Who cares if he can run, he has never run. And no the pats won't run the 2007 offense, in 2007 they didn't have Gronk or Hernandez, Ridley or Vereen.
    In the same post you quoted, I said what i thought the offense was going to evolve to and again you mention that I believe it will be a remake of the 2007 scheme. Please read and understand before responding.

And do you understand what 1/2 as good is? Do you understand that the difference between the average NFL player and a cut player is miniscule, tenths of seconds, the abilty to to complete one more pass in 10 throws.

Do you understand that Amendola caught 70 passes last year with Bradford throwing him the ball so quick because his oline sucked that bad.

If the pats were going to keep the same offense and scheme they would have kept Welker

As I said, Belichick is going for degree of difficulty here. The Russian judges are watching.

psst, Brady's arm has never been all that good.

psst, Flacco, Stafford, Vick all have superior arms and are still inferior quarterbacks.

psst, Peyton can barely throw the ball 15 yards, yet will be a top 5 QB next season.

psst, having elite QB brains is much more important than having an arm.
    Ummmmm Chad Pennington?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    the patriots offense is NOT better now than without welker....spin it any way you like but it is not......fact is they are hoping that amandola can last a season......losing welker was BIG.......act like it was not all you want...thats your opinion...i spoke to my father in law in Boston and people there are livid....him included being a die hard patriot fan.

If the pats were going to keep the same offense and scheme they would have kept Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    the patriots offense is NOT better now than without welker....spin it any way you like but it is not......fact is they are hoping that amandola can last a season......losing welker was BIG.......act like it was not all you want...thats your opinion...i spoke to my father in law in Boston and people there are livid....him included being a die hard patriot fan.
    We will see next season how big of a loss it was.

I know, right, Belichick knew exactly what he was doing when he signed Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth. GOLDEN moves...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-16-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Veteran
    We will see next season how big of a loss it was.
    I think the Pats should have resigned Welker. Amendola is a great fit for what Welker brought to the offense, but I can't imagine he's going to survive some of those hits Welker took on a regular basis. Welker was a baller.

I know, right, Belichick knew exactly what he was doing when he signed Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth. GOLDEN moves...
    I'm not defending either of those moves with my post. I don't see a golden move anywhere. I'm simply a believer that the Pats didn't willingly hurt themselves. They have a plan, much to the chagrin of Pats fans, and it will play itself out. The Jets are doing the same, no?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-16-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who would you rather have as the Jets starting QB, Sanchez or Tannehill?
    What does that have to do with anything? I'd rather have Dan LeFevour than Sanchez at this point.

This is right up there with "The Texans and Broncos are head and shoulders above the Pats" from last season (a certain poster declared it, i won't name names). NFL fans are so reactionary, especially when it comes to declaring teams are better than the Patriots. No one can wait to be the first.

This is right up there with "The Texans and Broncos are head and shoulders above the Pats" from last season (a certain poster declared it, i won't name names). NFL fans are so reactionary, especially when it comes to declaring teams are better than the Patriots. No one can wait to be the first.
    It's just a combination of jealousy and wishful thinking. I used to be that way, in spades. I guess perspective changes as I get older. On the flip side, I am filled with optimism. (Translation: Brady can't play forever---)

LMAO @ SOJF.

Miami is now the best team in the AFCE based on what? Tannehill is nothing special. What has he proven in this league? A significant number of his 3200 yards passing came in garbage time. I find it ironic that SOJFs are here posting how Sanchez sucks. Yet, in his young career, he's done much more than Tannehill. When Tannehill wins a big game at home and the road, then maybe I will take him and the stinking fish seriously. Until then,....

Banned
    At least BB never blew a top 10 pick like the Jets have done in the last 10 years:

Two 1st's and a 4th for DFat

The bust of the decade in Gholston

Trading up for the worst starting QB in the NFL

Yea, I wish the Pats drafted as well as the Jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    They overpaid for Wallace who is one-dimensional to a large degree.

I like the Keller signing and the Ellerbe signing, though I'm not sure Keller is worth what they paid.

They lost their LT and their best DB along with Dansby and Fasano, if I remember correctly.

Honestly, if it wasn't for that stupid situation with Dumervil I'd say the Broncos and the 49ers had been the clear winners so far. But 'winning' in March is a silly concept and we all know the league has been full of teams who added so much talent in the offseason only to see nothing come of it.

I mean, remember when the Patriots added Ochocinco and Haynesworth and it was going to be Haynesworth and Wilfork destroying the middle of every OL they came across?
    Seahawks are having a nice off season as well. I also really like Atlanta bringing in Stephen Jackson.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny right there.

AFCE wins next year:

Pats: 12-14
    Phins: 8-10
    Bills: 5-7
    Jets: 4-6

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I think Bills and Jets should both be in the 4-7 range, other than that I agree with you assessment.
    You DO agree with him. Both 5-7 and 4-6 fall within a 4-7 range.

Fact...

As long as Tom Brady is the starting QB the Patroits are the best team in the AFC East.

Yes, they could be the best and still lose.

Yes, one of the teams in the East can draft a stud QB to compete