Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins are the Best Team in the AFC East

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who would you rather have as the Jets starting QB, Sanchez or Tannehill?
    Sanchez will not be our starter so I don't see the comparison as very good. Our starter is very likely in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    1) Could be your smartest post in 10 years.

2) You are back to posting stupid things. Even with the loss of Welker, the Pats offense will still average 30+ points per game.
    Welker was the cog in the Patriot offense, the synergy he had with Brady is what made that offense so potent

It's a huge loss no matter how hard you try to spin it, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sanchez will not be our starter so I don't see the comparison as very good. Our starter is very likely in the draft.
    I bet he is...day one . may not last though.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Right now the Dolphins are the 2011 Eagles.....paper tigers.
    Pretty much this. Sure they added talent and could be a playoff contender, but they also placed a TON of pressure on a 2nd year QB to lead a team to the playoffs. If the fish make a couple of small moves, Tannehill would not be expected to do much this coming year, now he is expected to win 10 games. If he starts off slowly next year the wheels could come off this bandwagon pretty fast.

Rookie
    Ray never learns. His assessments of Patriot moves always comes back to bite him in the rear. Some signings work out and some don't for ANY team.

Amendola is 5 years younger than Welker. I'd hold judgement on Pats offense until we see what they can do. Heck, the whole offensive team isn't even put together yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Ray never learns. His assessments of Patriot moves always comes back to bite him in the rear. Some signings work out and some don't for ANY team.

Amendola is 5 years younger than Welker. I'd hold judgement on Pats offense until we see what they can do. Heck, the whole offensive team isn't even put together yet.
    Amendola is not Welker, Pats homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Amendola is not Welker, Pats homer.
    He doesn't have to be "Welker" to be effective. The pats offense is going to evolve slightly. They will be stretching the field more towards the sideline.

Emanuel Sanders, Donald Jones, and Amendola are faster and quicker than
    Branch, Endleman and Welker all three of which seemed to specialize in the same patterns- hooks, hitches and quick outs. I expect to see a lot more outs, corners and ins next year and about 5 yards further down field.

Last year you were hopping on that the pats WR were all 31 and older, with Welker, Branch, Gaffney, and Lloyd. Well This year Lloyd, the youngest of last years crew will be the oldest Wr on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He doesn't have to be "Welker" to be effective. The pats offense is going to evolve slightly. They will be stretching the field more towards the sideline.

Emanuel Sanders, Donald Jones, and Amendola are faster and quicker than
    Branch, Endleman and Welker all three of which seemed to specialize in the same patterns- hooks, hitches and quick outs. I expect to see a lot more outs, corners and ins next year and about 5 yards further down field.

Last year you were hopping on that the pats WR were all 31 and older, with Welker, Branch, Gaffney, and Lloyd. Well This year Lloyd, the youngest of last years crew will be the oldest Wr on the roster.
    I never said Amendola won't be affective

He's just now Welker, which was a huge piece of the effectiveness of Brady and the passing game.

And the bold part is just a crock of BS

Welker was one of the quickest players in the slot in the league, that is what made him so effective. Funny how the new players are better than the players they are replacing

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Ryan Tannehill, 12 TD's 13 INT's 3200 yards=Up and coming franchise QB?

Really? REALLY??? You're going to declare MIA better than the Pats simply because NE replaced Welker with Amendola and MIA signed Keller and Wallace to play with the great and amazing Ryan ****ing Tannehill??!?!? Come on now!
    Not to mention, MIA lost their starting left tackle. Love to see how many go routes to Wallace when Tannehill is on his a$$

I never said Amendola won't be affective

He's just now Welker, which was a huge piece of the effectiveness of Brady and the passing game.

And the bold part is just a crock of BS

Welker was one of the quickest players in the slot in the league, that is what made him so effective. Funny how the new players are better than the players they are replacing
    I placed them in groups, no one especially me would ever minimize what Welker did or his skills he exhibited for the pats these last 6 years. The new group is quicker and faster than the old group.

And you seem to point to Welkers past success now as a basis for future productivity, something until this week you had an opposite take on. The same thing that you have accursed me of.

All Pro
    lmao.

No they are not.

I hate the Pats, me being a Jet fan and all. Having said that, launching verbal darts at New England is just whistling past the graveyard. They'll get their 11-14 wins until Brady retires, gets hurt, or hits an old age wall. Didn't Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney teach us that?

Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    Not to mention, MIA lost their starting left tackle. Love to see how many go routes to Wallace when Tannehill is on his a$$
    Your right, the dolphins are going to go into the season with 4 lineman. It's not like it's only the 4th day in free agency. Not like the dolphins have a ton of Draft picks. Nope we lost our left tackle and will not be replacing him

Also, the left tackle that we lost left St Louis without a contract with reports saying the dolphins were making a push to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I bet he is...day one . may not last though.
    Your living in a dream world. If they have money to cut him he is off the team this year. Not a chance he starts.

All Pro
    He doesn't have to be "Welker" to be effective. The pats offense is going to evolve slightly. They will be stretching the field more towards the sideline. *snip*
    Yeah, too bad about Brady's declining deep ball capability

Congrats to the Dolphins. Has Rex announced them Super Bowl Winners yet?

I placed them in groups, no one especially me would ever minimize what Welker did or his skills he exhibited for the pats these last 6 years. The new group is quicker and faster than the old group.

And you seem to point to Welkers past success now as a basis for future productivity, something until this week you had an opposite take on. The same thing that you have accursed me of.
    I did?

Stop spinning the nonsense, Welker is a big loss. Amendola is a solid pick-up, but he isn't Welker. As for the other players you're trying to overhype and are now better than the players you lost? Stop it.

They overpaid for Wallace who is one-dimensional to a large degree.

I like the Keller signing and the Ellerbe signing, though I'm not sure Keller is worth what they paid.

They lost their LT and their best DB along with Dansby and Fasano, if I remember correctly.

Honestly, if it wasn't for that stupid situation with Dumervil I'd say the Broncos and the 49ers had been the clear winners so far. But 'winning' in March is a silly concept and we all know the league has been full of teams who added so much talent in the offseason only to see nothing come of it.

I mean, remember when the Patriots added Ochocinco and Haynesworth and it was going to be Haynesworth and Wilfork destroying the middle of every OL they came across?

I did?

Stop spinning the nonsense, Welker is a big loss. Amendola is a solid pick-up, but he isn't Welker. As for the other players you're trying to overhype and are now better than the players you lost? Stop it.
    Branch got 16 receptions last year, Endleman got 21, Both Sanders and Jones got more than 40 each while being the #3 receivers on thier teams. Every year in the league they have imroved on thier production from the year before.

Yes Welker is a loss, their is no spinning it. I posted that I would never minimize what he has done over the last 6 years. I just reminded you that you believed he was over the hill until the day the pats traded him and that he could not catch a ball in a big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yeah, too bad about Brady's declining deep ball capability
    How does your belief that Brady's deep ball abilty have to to with my post concerning the routes being run 5 yards deeper and more to the sidelines. By the way I don't know of a better QB on a Deep out than Brady, with the exception of maybe Cutler. Do you know the differece between a deep out and a downfield throw?

Sooth is going to have to give football and or reading tests before letting some of you post.
    Last edited by patman; 03-15-2013 at 11:04 PM.