Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins are the Best Team in the AFC East

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    At least BB never blew a top 10 pick like the Jets have done in the last 10 years:

Two 1st's and a 4th for DFat

The bust of the decade in Gholston

Trading up for the worst starting QB in the NFL

Yea, I wish the Pats drafted as well as the Jets.
    I do recall the worst QB in the NFL going into NE and beating your boy when it counted. Just saying troll.....

Oh, and besides striking gold with Tammy, let's count the numerous draft picks blown by Belicheat thru the years.

Now, STFU, troll....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least BB never blew a top 10 pick like the Jets have done in the last 10 years:

Two 1st's and a 4th for DFat

The bust of the decade in Gholston

Trading up for the worst starting QB in the NFL

Yea, I wish the Pats drafted as well as the Jets.
    That says a lot about their top 10 drafting prowess considering they have only drafted one player in the top 10 in the last 10 years...

Sort of like saying the Jets are more clutch in Superbowls than the Pats because they never lost one...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I think the Pats should have resigned Welker. Amendola is a great fit for what Welker brought to the offense, but I can't imagine he's going to survive some of those hits Welker took on a regular basis. Welker was a baller.
    Yeah, but the question was for how much longer was Welker going to be Welker. Welker, Hines Ward, Ricky Proel those guys are rare for being able to take the hits that they did

The pats are going to change their route tree quite a bit next year. I think the ball is going to be thrown a lot more towards the sidelines and not so much between the hashes, this will reduce the number of times the slot will be thrown to in the flat or in those short crossing patterns that Welker thrived in. But took such a punishment. Those routes will be farmed out to Vereen, Donald Jones and Hernadez

BB and McDaniel had a woody for Amendola and they has been talk about him joining the pats since he was a rookie. They had a chance to get him on what is a 5 year 26 mill contract. When Welker balked at their offer and decided to shop himself, the went out and proactively signed Amendola.
    Welker could have been right and his market value could have been 3 and 24 and not the 2/10 with incentives that the pats offered. It turned out the pats gauged his market right, and his agent was wrong. By the time they got back to the pats to match the 2 and 12 the patriots already moved on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Sort of like saying the Jets are more clutch in Superbowls than the Pats because they never lost one...

Congrats on that one win before man walked on the moon.

What have the Jets accomplished since then?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't care what the fair-weather Pats fans say they took a significant step backwards not resigning Welker. Jet are not in as bad a situation as the media is making it out to be and I think they will be an improved team next season but we are 8-8 or 9-7 playing for a wildcard at best. Bills are as inept as ever.

Meanwhile the Dolphins have given an up and coming QB (Tannhill) an excellent WR, a pretty good receiving TE, and their defensive front 7 is very good and the best in the division.
    I don't know if you should be banned for saying the jets will win nine games and compete for playoffs or dolphins are best team in division. Both are serious offenses

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

TX in action...

Go puff your chest out on a Chowd site, Douchebag...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Every damn thread

Every damn day

Same damn pathetic trolling

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post

TX in action...

Go puff your chest out on a Chowd site, Douchebag...
    Are you trying to infer a man with 80,000 posts of messageboards for a team he hates looks like that? I was thinking Tx looked more like this:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't compare this years Dolphins and last years Bills. Buffalo signed Mario Williams. They signed one guy. Mark Anderson? Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't that good of a player. Miami has signed multiple very, very good players. However, games are won and lost on the field, not on paper and until New England is dethroned, New England is the best team in the AFC East. They've won the AFC East every single season that Tom Brady's been healthy in since 2003.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    they have accomplished enough to keep a strong fan base of die hards.....you can harp on a super bowl long ago but my focus is on the now...the new regime which is off to a positive start...many of us are real fans and not bandwagoners like so many others....in my world that same old jets idiocy does not exists....its off to a new season....I don't harp on what happened. I guess unless you win the SB the season is then meaningless.....i'm glad I don't feel that way. The goal is to win the SB but you can as a fan also enjoy a regular win or moves your team makes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    how vey good is ellerbe who as nothing more than a backup until this year.....look at his 2012 season.....sorry but he was over paid...as for the one dimensional wallace...also over paid. As you said...can;t crown a team in march....I have seen this show before...most recently being the eagles. How much pressure you think is on the Dolphins now.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    You can't compare this years Dolphins and last years Bills. Buffalo signed Mario Williams. They signed one guy. Mark Anderson? Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't that good of a player. Miami has signed multiple very, very good players. However, games are won and lost on the field, not on paper and until New England is dethroned, New England is the best team in the AFC East. They've won the AFC East every single season that Tom Brady's been healthy in since 2003.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miami is definitely going to miss Fasano and Bush. But by signing Wallace, Gibson, Keller and re-signing Hartline, they are all in on the pass-happy NFL. That's a lot of pressure on Tannehill. Ellerbe was a decent signing but so much money for a guy with 14 starts in 4 seasons.

I see Miami definitely drafting an RB early (thomas is garbage and Miller is unknown at this point).

Right direction, but I think they overpaid for Wallace and Ellerbe. if they re-sign Jake Long, it would be a mistake.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Congrats to Miami for winning the offseason Championship! Big Woop!! And how did the last 5 offseason champions do?

2012 Bills (MarioWilliams,MarkAnderson,StevieJohnson as a resign) 6-10
    2011 Eagles (Asomugha,Jenkins,Babin,DRC,) 4-12 from dream to nightmare!
    2010 Lions (Vanden bosch ,Burleson,Houston) 6-10
    2009 Redskins( Haynesworth,DeAngelo Hall) 4-12
    2008 Browns (cory Williams ,Shaun Rogers)via trading4/5 of draft
    (Stallworth,Anderson) went from 10-6 to 4-12.

Granted the jets did well in 2010 with some good signings but helped get into the cap hell that Idzik is trying to get out of now. Big spending on warn out FA's is not the way to build a winning team and idzik's first statement on that was that he plans to build this team mainly through the draft and with undrafted FA's. The only FA's I want him to sign are the current Jets that are willing to help restructure and ones like he already signed at a reasonable price. Don't expect any big splurges from him because it ain't happening. Oh and look at Seattle now that he's gone. Lets see how they do too this year!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    but the dolphins themselves stated that one of the reasons bush was expendable was because of the development of lamar miller.......lot of pressure on the boys in south beach.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Miami is definitely going to miss Fasano and Bush. But by signing Wallace, Gibson, Keller and re-signing Hartline, they are all in on the pass-happy NFL. That's a lot of pressure on Tannehill. Ellerbe was a decent signing but so much money for a guy with 14 starts in 4 seasons.

I see Miami definitely drafting an RB early (thomas is garbage and Miller is unknown at this point).

Right direction, but I think they overpaid for Wallace and Ellerbe. if they re-sign Jake Long, it would be a mistake.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and idzik stated from day 1 that he will build more through the draft...bringing in young players WHO DO NOT HAVE BAD HABITS....the track record of teams going on this type of spending sprees are not good...this is not dolphins bashings....i'm basing my opinion on history...and recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Yay! Congrats to Miami for winning the offseason Championship! Big Woop!! And how did the last 5 offseason champions do?

2012 Bills (MarioWilliams,MarkAnderson,StevieJohnson as a resign) 6-10
    2011 Eagles (Asomugha,Jenkins,Babin,DRC,) 4-12 from dream to nightmare!
    2010 Lions (Vanden bosch ,Burleson,Houston) 6-10
    2009 Redskins( Haynesworth,DeAngelo Hall) 4-12
    2008 Browns (cory Williams ,Shaun Rogers)via trading4/5 of draft
    (Stallworth,Anderson) went from 10-6 to 4-12.

Granted the jets did well in 2010 with some good signings but helped get into the cap hell that Idzik is trying to get out of now. Big spending on warn out FA's is not the way to build a winning team and idzik's first statement on that was that he plans to build this team mainly through the draft and with undrafted FA's. The only FA's I want him to sign are the current Jets that are willing to help restructure and ones like he already signed at a reasonable price. Don't expect any big splurges from him because it ain't happening. Oh and look at Seattle now that he's gone. Lets see how they do too this year!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free agent spending sprees never work out the way they're supposed to. The Dolphins still suck, Pats will win the AFC East by 6 games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Free agent spending sprees never work out the way they're supposed to. The Dolphins still suck, Pats will win the AFC East by 6 games.
    Dolphins would be tough without all those signings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats said pretty much every offseason about the dolphins.

I recall about this time last year....some people on this board almost winning the division....every year the dolphins are supposed to be tough and they have the same losing season.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Dolphins would be tough without all those signings.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only problem is the dollphins suck

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and until they prove otherwise people really need to stop because they sound silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    the only problem is the dollphins suck