Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets Sign OL Willie Colon

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Somehow I think Slauson is not coming back, and we're getting a new LG. Kevin Boothe is being looked at as I read in another thread...or another veteran.

I just get the feeling the team isn't very high on Slauson.
    Been reported the Jets do have Interest in resigning him but Oak, Cowboys and another team also have expressed interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Somehow I think Slauson is not coming back, and we're getting a new LG. Kevin Boothe is being looked at as I read in another thread...or another veteran.

I just get the feeling the team isn't very high on Slauson.
    Could be, could also be that Slauson priced himself out of the Jets market?

How does Boothe and Slauson compare?

Or that the team may not be able to bring Slauson back due to increased market interest.

Draft Cooper, Warmack, Warford, or Watford (There has to be a "war" based nickname here) in the first three rounds and the OL starts to look decent.

If healthy Colon will unquestionably be the starting LG or RG in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Approx $15M+ in cap room with basic Cap Mgmnt 101 moves. The Jets haven't signed a "big splash FA" since Bart Scott but people seem to have short memories. Also jets reportedly scheduled to have $30M+ is available cap space in '14 IIRC.

Bell, Landry,Schillens were all 1yr deals.

Not knocking Idzik but everyone is in the "new guy" is great mode.
    yeah, but when you trade for guys in their last year like Holmes and Cro it like signing FA, you just rented them for a year 1st. That would be like the pats saying that Talib is not a FA signing because they rented him for one year. Yes, "legally" they are not FA as there is no comp penalty.
    Last edited by patman; 03-15-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    He's a Guard. Not a Tackle. You wouldn't want Colon to be near a Tight End.

nice