Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Sign OL Willie Colon

Jets Sign OL Willie Colon

@JasonLaCanfora: Jets have signed OL Willie Colon to a 1 yr deal. Another potential steal if he can stay healthy

@caplannfl: G/RT Willie Colon agrees to a 1 year, $1.2 M deal with the Jets, per source.

Colon is a good player. Comes down to health for him.

Nice, smart move

Willie Colon

Just signed wit the.Jets.

All League
    Wow, didn't see that coming. Is Colon a OT or OG?

Undrafted Free Agent
    I like what Idzik is doing here.

Replaces Moore?

@RichCimini: #Jets sign former Steelers OL Willie Colon, per multiple reports. One year deal, $1.2 million. Likely starter at guard.

@BrianCoz: Jets could lose Brandon Moore and Matt Slauson as free agents, so guard help was needed. Colon should be a starter. #nyj

30 yrs old. Recent injury issues. Achilles and triceps

One year to prove he can stay healthy and back up our draft picks

Banned
    If this guy can stay healthy, this is a badass move.

Wow, another "if" guy. Great if Colon works out. If not, join the massive scrap heap outside Jet Central.

Surprised it happened that fast and at the price. I thought about him as soon as Pitt released him.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JasonLaCanfora: Jets have signed OL Willie Colon to a 1 yr deal. Another potential steal if he can stay healthy
    YESSSS!!!!! I wanted this move. When I was a senior at Hofstra Willie was a freshmen. I haven't talked to him in a while but a great guy.

Pretty cool that the Jets were able to land Billy Beane at GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Let the poop jokes begin.

He'll be starting at RG this year. Can also play tackle as well which is a good thing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sanchez has a new colon to run into

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Wow, another "if" guy. Great if Colon works out. If not, join the massive scrap heap outside Jet Central.
    The thing is Borgo at least these "if" guys have some potential and are coming cheap. Cheap low cost fill ins while you build. You need to cover your bases by filling some holes before the draft. Both Landry and Bell were big if guys last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    If this guy can stay healthy, this is a badass move.
    In the last 3 years, games missed due to injury:

2010: 16
    2011: 15
    2012: 5

Since I didn't watch the Steelers much, I did a quick google to find any grading on him:

"Pro Football Focus graded Colon as a top-15 run-blocking guard and top-25 pass-blocking guard in 2012, but charted him with the most penalties in the league at the position. Turning 30 in April, Colon figures to replace Brandon Moore as the Jets' starting right guard. New York now has four starting offensive linemen in place: LT Brick Ferguson, C Nick Mangold, RG Colon, and RT Austin Howard."