Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 372

Thread: Rumors in other forums Patriots about to do Huge trade

  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    My point is that there is no guarantee the Pats will automatically become bottom dwellers once Brady retires as some often claim here. And also to point out the the biggest difference between those horrible teams of the 70s and early 80s is current ownership (and Brady and BB, I know, I know). BUT Kraft is like night and day compared to the Sullivans, or God forbid, Victor Kiam.
    That's fair, I wouldn't suggest that either.

    But it is definitely fair to say Brady masks many of the Patriot flaws, and has been the primary reason for any sustained success, at least with their regular season record. The post season success of late kind of lends evidence that those flaws are further exposed.

    Bottom dweller when Brady retires? No. Middle of the road, not nearly as successful as they are now? Fair.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Last time I checked, troll, that QB you cited was good enough to get us to the AFCG two years in a row including whipping your boy azz in Foxboro during the playoffs. Surround him with players and he can make plays. He's already proven that. However, if he doesn't get it done next year, Jets will just move on.

    I can't wait for Tammy's playing days to be over.....the clock is ticking. You trolls know it too.
    The poster I responded to said the Jets were a 10-win talent absent the QB. You're saying the QB is fine and just needs surrounding players. Maybe you should get on the same page.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    And just think Mo Lewis set this all up when he blasted Drew Bledsoe and knocked him out of the game!And the rest is history!
    True enough. But I think all that did was accelerate the inevitable. Brady would have beat Bledsoe out of his spot the following season, if Mo hadn't nailed him.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But it is definitely fair to say Brady masks many of the Patriot flaws, and has been the primary reason for any sustained success, at least with their regular season record.
    What was the Pats record the year the great Matt Cassel was their QB?

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's fair, I wouldn't suggest that either.

    But it is definitely fair to say Brady masks many of the Patriot flaws, and has been the primary reason for any sustained success, at least with their regular season record. The post season success of late kind of lends evidence that those flaws are further exposed.

    Bottom dweller when Brady retires? No. Middle of the road, not nearly as successful as they are now? Fair.
    That is a +1, Ray. Pats fans rail on each other over the non-Brady issues all the time. I don't think Tx, Guido, myself, or any other Pats trolls are truly under the delusion that the "good times" will keep on rolling post-Brady. In fact, I don't think any of us ever made that claim. If anything, it's a faith in ownership to maintain a solid organization that navigates the economics of the league relatively well compared to other teams that truly bottom-dwell. It's not all Brady, and you know that as well.

  6. #346
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Far Rock,Queens,NYC
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    True enough. But I think all that did was accelerate the inevitable. Brady would have beat Bledsoe out of his spot the following season, if Mo hadn't nailed him.
    Yeah your probably right i don't think Bill was thinking to highly of Bledsoe at that point and time anyway!

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's fair, I wouldn't suggest that either.

    But it is definitely fair to say Brady masks many of the Patriot flaws, and has been the primary reason for any sustained success, at least with their regular season record. The post season success of late kind of lends evidence that those flaws are further exposed.

    Bottom dweller when Brady retires? No. Middle of the road, not nearly as successful as they are now? Fair.
    Agreed. Brady's a once in a lifetime QB for the Pats, so of course he hides many flaws. And it's not lost on me, and most Pats fans, that the Pats' run for 12 to maybe 15 years is incredible and not likely to ever be repeated.

    Fair points Ray.

  8. #348
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    That's not a fact, that's your biased opinion. Jets roster was good enough to win 10 games last year if they, had an average QB, even after losing their best player on offense and their best player on Defense.

    You can't judge the roster until they fill it after free agency and the draft. Last yer the roster was good enough to make the playoffs. They embarrassed the Colts, pretty much beat your Pats on the road. To say they have the worst roster in football is just silly since there is no way to truly judge it.
    This is true. Three of our most talented players were hurt for almost the entire year (Revis, Holmes, Keller). Sanchez was an emotional basket case with shaken confidence, absolutely horrid decision making and baffling inaccuracy, led mostly buy piss poor coaching by two offensive coordinators (one too predictably fancy and one too predictably vanilla) and QB coach, our LBs were slowing badly, and our DL showed signs, but is still young.

    Problem is, we are in a re-tooling mode now, and patience is the key. We'll see if Sanchez can be saved or if he is truly as ruined as he looks. And I like what we're doing thus far, but we have a long way to go. We are NOT as far away as Pat-trolls think. Also, the Pats aren't as good as they think. It is closer to the Pats falling off a cliff than anybody thinks.... mark my words.

  9. #349
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What was the Pats record the year the great Matt Cassel was their QB?
    They still had a competent, albeit aging, defense filled with tough vets. Your current defense is anchored by an aging Wilfork, and your offense is anchored by an aging Brady - both of whom are playing at a tremendous level and hide a great array of ugly warts that would be exposed on teams without exceptional QB play. Yes, you've had those two tight ends of late, but imagine Sanchez in our last two offensive systems throwing to them? And missing badly? Just average, forgettable TE's then. Brady and that system throwing to Keller (now gone, true), Holmes, Braylon, Hill, Kerley... wow... he'd be tearing it up. Contrary to Patriot fan beliefs, Brady cannot play forever. BB is good, but not a miracle worker... it'll catch up with you guys sometime sooner than later.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 03-17-2013 at 09:11 PM.

  10. #350
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    My point is that there is no guarantee the Pats will automatically become bottom dwellers once Brady retires as some often claim here. And also to point out the the biggest difference between those horrible teams of the 70s and early 80s is current ownership (and Brady and BB, I know, I know). BUT Kraft is like night and day compared to the Sullivans, or God forbid, Victor Kiam.
    Ownership is very important and Kraft is a good one, but even good owners start to look bad when they don't have the QB or HC. The main benefit for you is that you should have faith in Kraft that even after a drop after TB/BB leave that he'll find a way to get them good again.

    Kraft will be 72 in June, though, and when TB/BB are gone he'll be in his late 70s. Do you think he'll be that reliable then? And is there a succession plan?

  11. #351
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What was the Pats record the year the great Matt Cassel was their QB?
    Five games worse than the year before, and that was with the easiest schedule in the NFL that season.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

    Kraft will be 72 in June, though, and when TB/BB are gone he'll be in his late 70s. Do you think he'll be that reliable then? And is there a succession plan?
    http://www.patriots.com/team/staff/j...8-6ccf7844a6ef

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What was the Pats record the year the great Matt Cassel was their QB?
    You mean the team that was coming off an undefeated regular season the year before? The rest of the roster isn't quite as good as that one was...

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Ownership is very important and Kraft is a good one, but even good owners start to look bad when they don't have the QB or HC. The main benefit for you is that you should have faith in Kraft that even after a drop after TB/BB leave that he'll find a way to get them good again.

    Kraft will be 72 in June, though, and when TB/BB are gone he'll be in his late 70s. Do you think he'll be that reliable then? And is there a succession plan?
    in reality Jonathon Kraft runs the Pats theses day.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    You mean the team that was coming off an undefeated regular season the year before? The rest of the roster isn't quite as good as that one was...
    You guys are making my point. People think this was all Brady. As you say, the Pats had some damn good teams, not just a QB.

  16. #356
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    in reality Jonathon Kraft runs the Pats theses day.
    How many championships has Jonathon Kraft won since he took over from his daddy?


  17. #357
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,730
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    No, the FACT is the Jets are a 6-10 team with one of the worst 53-man rosters in the entire NFL.

    They won't see the north side of .500 for a good 3 or 4 years.

    You guaranteeing 12 wins again this year?
    I predict 12 wins every year, m******f*****.


    J E T S jetsjetsjets!


  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You guys are making my point. People think this was all Brady. As you say, the Pats had some damn good teams, not just a QB.
    I think the difference is in the early years it wasn't actually Brady so much as the defence and guys like Ty Law and Richard Seymour who were legitimate elite players.Those early teams were great all-around units that were well coached and and had talent throughout that actually carried Brady a bit.

    Today I think they are in entirely the opposite situation.I wouldn't expect them to drop off a cliff without him(more roll gradually down the slope gathering momentum)but I don't see the likes of Law and Seymour or any obvious heirs and it is Brady who is lifting everything around him

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Ya, well that's BUF.


    ....and Bledsoe was a washed-out leather shoe.

    Some of my fellow Pats fans saw it the other way around during the Bledsoe/Brady wars. I remember having arguments with many Pats fans, even after Brady had led the Pats to their first SB. They should have all come to their senses by now.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    I think the difference is in the early years it wasn't actually Brady so much as the defence and guys like Ty Law and Richard Seymour who were legitimate elite players.Those early teams were great all-around units that were well coached and and had talent throughout that actually carried Brady a bit.

    Today I think they are in entirely the opposite situation.I wouldn't expect them to drop off a cliff without him(more roll gradually down the slope gathering momentum)but I don't see the likes of Law and Seymour or any obvious heirs and it is Brady who is lifting everything around him
    that makes sense, Brady being a rookie and now a veteran. Pats fans have to hope BB can build a solid team before Brady hangs 'em up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us