Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 372

Thread: Rumors in other forums Patriots about to do Huge trade

  1. #221
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because recent history proves otherwise.

    The modern era of today's NFL, the salary cap, the new CBA, it won't take years. The Jets themselves have fluctuated from being a 4 win team won year to an 11 win team and AFCCG participant the next.
    That is true. But it is also assuming we find a QB and draft well. All the teams that made the turnaround found their QB and have drafted well.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because recent history proves otherwise.

    The modern era of today's NFL, the salary cap, the new CBA, it won't take years. The Jets themselves have fluctuated from being a 4 win team won year to an 11 win team and AFCCG participant the next.
    Tell that to Browns fans.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because recent history proves otherwise.

    The modern era of today's NFL, the salary cap, the new CBA, it won't take years. The Jets themselves have fluctuated from being a 4 win team won year to an 11 win team and AFCCG participant the next.
    Jesus, you can spin the sinking of the Titanic into a positive light.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is true. But it is also assuming we find a QB and draft well. All the teams that made the turnaround found their QB and have drafted well.
    And the Jets went to that AFCCG without a QB, remember?

    It's a lot easier for teams to mask their flaws with a HOF QB, that is the ONLY reason the Pats have stayed on top of the mountain. The rest of the team is not unlike any other team, especially the Jets.

  5. #225
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Ray Ray some people just refuse to accept reality for what it is...they tell themselves something so much that they beleive and cannot be swayed....every rational nfl fan is more than aware that the years of rebuilding moniker is no more. This bunch however seems to have more knowledge of the jets than any jet fan and jet management alike..they feel they are the authority when it comes to the Jets.
    I look at their posts....its a trend....there was a post not 5 minutes old about willie colon....the third post was texas chowd harping on how many games he missed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because recent history proves otherwise.

    The modern era of today's NFL, the salary cap, the new CBA, it won't take years. The Jets themselves have fluctuated from being a 4 win team won year to an 11 win team and AFCCG participant the next.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Jesus, you can spin the sinking of the Titanic into a positive light.
    It's not spin, you pathetic troll, it's fact.

  7. #227
    Can we get this thread back on topic? Just post info relevant to the Pats "blockbuster" deal.

    Who the hell is Sanders? Is Deion or Barry making a comeback?

  8. #228
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    hard to be relevant since there is no deal lol



    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Can we get this thread back on topic? Just post info relevant to the Pats "blockbuster" deal.

    Who the hell is Sanders? Is Deion or Barry making a comeback?

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Ray Ray some people just refuse to accept reality for what it is...they tell themselves something so much that they beleive and cannot be swayed....every rational nfl fan is more than aware that the years of rebuilding moniker is no more. This bunch however seems to have more knowledge of the jets than any jet fan and jet management alike..they feel they are the authority when it comes to the Jets.
    I look at their posts....its a trend....there was a post not 5 minutes old about willie colon....the third post was texas chowd harping on how many games he missed.
    It has nothing to do with Jets fans, it's an Internet bulletin board issue. We can engage in debate behind our nickname, never looking another in the eye and never having to waiver in our opinion.

    Playing fantasy GM is great and fun. That being said, it's impossible to evaluate these moves before a game , a season or several seasons have been played. The giants have won 2 rings in last 6 years... Go read their board, no different then here.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because recent history proves otherwise.

    The modern era of today's NFL, the salary cap, the new CBA, it won't take years. The Jets themselves have fluctuated from being a 4 win team won year to an 11 win team and AFCCG participant the next.
    I don't understand. It would seem that recent history proves the exact opposite. The past two years the Jets were 7-9 and 6-110 and that was BEFORE they were in rebuilding mode. So given the it's likely the next two years are spent rebuilding, it's not unreasonable to think it could be 3 or 4 years before they become competitive , no?

  11. #231
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    true


    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    It has nothing to do with Jets fans, it's an Internet bulletin board issue. We can engage in debate behind our nickname, never looking another in the eye and never having to waiver in our opinion.

    Playing fantasy GM is great and fun. That being said, it's impossible to evaluate these moves before a game , a season or several seasons have been played. The giants have won 2 rings in last 6 years... Go read their board, no different then here.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I don't understand. It would seem that recent history proves the exact opposite. The past two years the Jets were 7-9 and 6-110 and that was BEFORE they were in rebuilding mode. So given the it's likely the next two years are spent rebuilding, it's not unreasonable to think it could be 3 or 4 years before they become competitive , no?
    No troll, history in that teams have gone through rebuilding, tweaking the roster and are not kept down for long. Some teams continue to make bad decisions, and don't make it back fast enough, but it has happened.

    The new CBA and cap rules make it impossible for teams to keep their roster consistent every several years, there is attrition and turnover whether teams are successful or not, it's about making the right decisions and putting the right football staff to run that team on the field.

    And don't sit there in your Patriot onesy pajamas and try to throw salt on all Jets fans and say we are done for the next few years, because it's complete crap, and you know it. You only hope this will be the case.

  13. #233
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And the Jets went to that AFCCG without a QB, remember?

    It's a lot easier for teams to mask their flaws with a HOF QB, that is the ONLY reason the Pats have stayed on top of the mountain. The rest of the team is not unlike any other team, especially the Jets.
    Yes, but those were great rosters that were built starting in 2006. We had the 2 good drafts and the 2008 FA signings that led to that run. So it did take a couple of years.

    So we either find a QB or hit a HR on pretty much every draft pick and FA.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Can we get this thread back on topic? Just post info relevant to the Pats "blockbuster" deal.

    Who the hell is Sanders? Is Deion or Barry making a comeback?
    LOL, there IS no deal. This thread started because the OP read a rumor thread on Patsfans, which has been debunked long ago.

  15. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's not spin, you pathetic troll, it's fact.
    No, the FACT is the Jets are a 6-10 team with one of the worst 53-man rosters in the entire NFL.

    They won't see the north side of .500 for a good 3 or 4 years.

    You guaranteeing 12 wins again this year?

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    And don't sit there in your Patriot onesy pajamas and try to throw salt on all Jets fans and say we are done for the next few years, because it's complete crap, and you know it. You only hope this will be the case.
    I think if you are a realistic person, with one foot in reality, you can see the Jets will not be very good the next few years. There's no shame in that, it's just what is needed. And in 3 years Brady will probably be done and the Jets will have a shot.

    So Ray, just be patient. You've waited how many years already?

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    No, the FACT is the Jets are a 6-10 team with one of the worst 53-man rosters in the entire NFL.

    They won't see the north side of .500 for a good 3 or 4 years.

    You guaranteeing 12 wins again this year?
    Which has NOTHING to do with the FACT of what I wrote, and that teams don't need a few years to be competitive after rebuilding part of the roster.

    I guarantee it won't take the Jets 3-4 years to be competitive again and especially better than a .500 team. Want to put money on it?

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No troll, history in that teams have gone through rebuilding, tweaking the roster and are not kept down for long. Some teams continue to make bad decisions, and don't make it back fast enough, but it has happened.

    The new CBA and cap rules make it impossible for teams to keep their roster consistent every several years, there is attrition and turnover whether teams are successful or not, it's about making the right decisions and putting the right football staff to run that team on the field.

    And don't sit there in your Patriot onesy pajamas and try to throw salt on all Jets fans and say we are done for the next few years, because it's complete crap, and you know it. You only hope this will be the case.
    The Jets success will largely be defined by the quality of whatever QB your GM plugs in, be it a rookie or vet. With so many starters turning over this next season, and no decent QB yet on the roster, it's easy to predict the Jets won't turn it around next year. So then 2 years is not a stretch and three is possible. Or maybe you draft Geno next year and he proves me wrong. But I'd bet against it, especially given past history as you say.

  19. #239
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    696
    Please describe being "competitive" ?

    Getting to the playoffs?

    Within a game of winning the Division?

    Over .500 ?

    Going 3-13 but losing close games?

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Which has NOTHING to do with the FACT of what I wrote, and that teams don't need a few years to be competitive after rebuilding part of the roster.

    I guarantee it won't take the Jets 3-4 years to be competitive again and especially better than a .500 team. Want to put money on it?
    Really Ray? Is that how YOU define competitive? Better than .500?!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us