Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors in other forums Patriots about to do Huge trade

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Really Ray? Is that how YOU define competitive? Better than .500?!
    No, it was a response to another pathetic antagonistic PatsTrollTx post.

It won't take the Jets 3-4 years to be competitive, and as much as you Pats trolls would love to see it happen, there is simply no way anybody knows this now, no matter how hard you clowns want to throw mud in the face of Jets fans on a damn Jets board, and spend a good portion of your miserable lives doing so on this board in the obsessive and disrespectful fashion that you do it, and are allowed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

I guarantee it won't take the Jets 3-4 years to be competitive again and especially better than a .500 team. Want to put money on it?
    Like you guaranteed 12 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes, but those were great rosters that were built starting in 2006. We had the 2 good drafts and the 2008 FA signings that led to that run. So it did take a couple of years.

So we either find a QB or hit a HR on pretty much every draft pick and FA.
    They weren't great rosters. They were good rosters. And the 2006 and 2010 roster was completely different, how can you even try to compare the two and suggest the 2010 roster was built since 2006?

Hall Of Fame
    Really Ray? Is that how YOU define competitive? Better than .500?!
    Better than .500 would suggest at least a 9-7 record, in most years that puts you in the playoff picture. How is better than .500 not being competitive? That was a pretty asinine statement.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Feel left out? Did Tx blow his Pats troll bullhorn and ask you to join the fun?

I didn't guarantee 12 wins last year, no matter how many times you post it, just to get a rise out of me, and a high-five from anybody that despises me on the board.

Or swore that he never lobbied to get you banned.

Or swore that he never lobbied to get you banned.
    Campaign was the term used, and the term suggests that a repetitive and persistent action was was executed over a long period of time. That one thread doesn't fall under a "campaign."

As I said, there is only one poster on this board I've repeatedly campaigned for on this board, and that is Tx.

Take your pile of fail, and shove it.

Rookie
    I recall an 11 win Patriot team not making the playoffs.

Actually, the NFL strives for all teams to be within a game of .500

Being competitive is like kissing your sister.

Campaign was the term used, and the term suggests that a repetitive and persistent action was was executed over a long period of time. That one thread doesn't fall under a "campaign."

As I said, there is only one poster on this board I've repeatedly campaigned for on this board, and that is Tx.

I don't care that you whined to Mods about me, shows what kind of guy you are.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Better than .500 would suggest at least a 9-7 record, in most years that puts you in the playoff picture. How is better than .500 not being competitive? That was a pretty asinine statement.
    Not always. Not last year for example.

Hall Of Fame
    They weren't great rosters. They were good rosters. And the 2006 and 2010 roster was completely different, how can you even try to compare the two and suggest the 2010 roster was built since 2006?
    They were great rosters. Hampered by a rookie QB. Heck, in 2008 we were 8-3 before Favre broke down. But that is all besides the point.

I was referring to building through the draft and FA. Starting in with the 2006 draft. Then getting Revis in 2007 and Harris. Trading for Jones. Clearing cap space in 2006 and 2007 that led to signing Faneca, Woody, T Rich, Jenkins, Pace. All good moves for us (at least in the beginning). By 2008 all the necessary pieces were there except for the QB (future QB). Rex inherited a good football team that needed an infusion of enthusiasm. And that is what he did. But the road to those 2 AFCCGs started with Mangini in 2006.

The core group of our 2010 roster was built starting in 2006. It was a multi-year process.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-17-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Banned
    Stop being a friggn' troll.

I don't care that you whined to Mods about me, shows what kind of guy you are.
    I don't give a **** what you care about and what you think.

There was nothing secretive about it, I put up a thread to expose just another one of YOUR troll posts of douchebaggery, and I'd do it again if it weren't for board policy.

So tell me, what is the reason you joined this thread, other than to join the gang bang of a-hole trolling your fellow Pat trolls have been trying to exercise throughout this thread?

It's a shame that you trolls had to ruin yet another thread, and once again, the thread has taken a turn that will probably result in another mod lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Stop being a friggn' troll.
    +1

And I'm out. Gotta go and boil me some meat.

Michael asked Patrick if he would pour some Irish whiskey over his grave each day after he died.

Patrick says sure Michael but would you mind if I’d be passing it through me kidneys first.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 03-17-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They were great rosters. Hampered by a rookie QB. Heck, in 2008 we were 8-3 before Favre broke down.
    The 2008 Jets team was the best since 1998.

'09 and '10 were fluke teams.

If Favre didn't get hurt, Jets could have won it all that year.

Hall Of Fame
    Not always. Not last year for example.
    What do you mean not always?? Last year 4 teams made the playoffs with a 10-6 record, so how is a 9-7 record NOT competitive as you suggested?

Banned
    +1

And I'm out. Gotta go and boil me some meat.
    WTF?

One of my Pats fans colleagues is a flaming homo.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What do you mean not always?? Last year 4 teams made the playoffs with a 10-6 record, so how is a 9-7 record NOT competitive as you suggested?
    I guess I'm defining "competitive" as making the playoffs. 9-7 missed the playoffs last year. Not sure I get your point?

Now, I really gotta go. That meat's not gonna boil itself.

I don't give a **** what you care about and what you think.

There was nothing secretive about it, I put up a thread to expose just another one of YOUR troll posts of douchebaggery, and I'd do it again if it weren't for board policy.

So tell me, what is the reason you joined this thread, other than to join the gang bang of a-hole trolling your fellow Pat trolls have been trying to exercise throughout this thread?

It's a shame that you trolls had to ruin yet another thread, and once again, the thread has taken a turn that will probably result in another mod lockdown.
    same reason anyone posts ray, to talk football.

I'm just talkin football, no personal attacks, just pointing out that most realistic fans understand that the Jets are in for a few rough years is all. Nothing to be upset about, it's about time they cleaned that roster out.

You may be the single person on the planet that doesn't get it.