Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Rumors in other forums Patriots about to do Huge trade

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    that makes sense, Brady being a rookie and now a veteran. Pats fans have to hope BB can build a solid team before Brady hangs 'em up.

Agreed. And that's what makes the Welker situation so frustrating. I'm not convinced that now was the time to completely turn over the wide receiver roster.

What was the Pats record the year the great Matt Cassel was their QB?
    Apples and Oranges dude.

That was when the Pats had a stacked roster at almost every position. Not even close to the 2012 or 2013 Pats. If Brady went down the last couple of years, the Pats would have been a below .500 team without him.

You guys are making my point. People think this was all Brady. As you say, the Pats had some damn good teams, not just a QB.
    yes they did. Past tense. The last couple of years it has been entirely on Brady's shoulders. Huge gamble by BB and Pats fans have not yet been burned by it. Brady's health has been more important than ever.

All League
    So what trade rumor are we talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    I wish our jets could do the same. Only the Jets would hold on into their draft picks no matter how bad they are. Mark cough Suxchez cough cough.
    I think all teams draft and lose players, probably at close to the same rate. Drafting players is a crap shoot. What I think has helped the Pats the most is that they were drafting more players until this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Apples and Oranges dude.

That was when the Pats had a stacked roster at almost every position. Not even close to the 2012 or 2013 Pats. If Brady went down the last couple of years, the Pats would have been a below .500 team without him.

This has the same validity as Tx saying the Jets will win 4, 5, and 6 games for the next 3 years. In other words, none. No one knows the outcome of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    So what trade rumor are we talking about here?
    LOL...It was a RUMOR. There is no trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I think all teams draft and lose players, probably at close to the same rate. Drafting players is a crap shoot. What I think has helped the Pats the most is that they were drafting more players until this year.
    THIS.

And will it surprise anyone if BB trades out of the first round for extra picks this year?

Quote Originally Posted by klecko73 View Post
    His status as a chartered member does not give him a "get out of jail free card." The fact that he generates website hits which equates to income for the owners of this website does give him the "get out of jail free card."

This website is a money making machine and everytime you and others click on it and the advertising links, management makes money. In order to do this, the website has to generate buzz and the best way to do that is through controversy and drama. All of this nonsense is contrived - don't you get it? Management here wants drama fueld by this guy & knuckleheads like him, which is then fed into by you and others who don't get it. The best threads around are those where one of these knuckleheads make some off-the-cuff remark that sets you and others off. That all equates to the mega threads, lots of website hits, and income for management.

Pull back the curtain and see the world for how it is my friend. You and everyone else are getting played.
    Even with that being true, we can still control the quality of boards that we use if we showed just a little restraint. The posts with the most hits can be football related and we do control that. Unfortunately, too many good posters get baited into responding to the clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Agreed. Brady's a once in a lifetime QB for the Pats, so of course he hides many flaws. And it's not lost on me, and most Pats fans, that the Pats' run for 12 to maybe 15 years is incredible and not likely to ever be repeated.

Fair points Ray.
    A thought: What REALLY GREAT QB doesn't hide flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Agreed. And that's what makes the Welker situation so frustrating. I'm not convinced that now was the time to completely turn over the wide receiver roster.
    C'mon you know the drill by now. BB errs on the side of getting rid of someone too early rather than too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Apples and Oranges dude.

That was exactly my point. Someone said that Brady had masked Pats fault for a long time. Whereas actually early on it was the other way around.

That was exactly my point. Someone said that Brady had masked Pats fault for a long time. Whereas actually early on it was the other way around.
    Early on it was more that they had both a great defense and a QB with a big brain and arm. The Snow Bowl game in 2001 with the Raiders is a great example of that, but there were many more, especially against Peyton Manning's Indy teams. Unfortunately for us, the last year for that remarkable defense was 2008, the year Brady was out.

No matter how much the NFL tries to help the offense, it's still the defense that usually wins. The current Pats haven't been able to balance it out, but look out if they do.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    This guy gets it.
    Oh Lord.