Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rumors in other forums Patriots about to do Huge trade

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    No, the FACT is the Jets are a 6-10 team with one of the worst 53-man rosters in the entire NFL.

They won't see the north side of .500 for a good 3 or 4 years.

You guaranteeing 12 wins again this year?
    That's not a fact, that's your biased opinion. Jets roster was good enough to win 10 games last year if they, had an average QB, even after losing their best player on offense and their best player on Defense.

You can't judge the roster until they fill it after free agency and the draft. Last yer the roster was good enough to make the playoffs. They embarrassed the Colts, pretty much beat your Pats on the road. To say they have the worst roster in football is just silly since there is no way to truly judge it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    TX deserves to be banned but not for that post. I think that one was his honest opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Well that says much for his dubious judgement and jarring lack of football IQ.Bans for being flat out stupid are rare

Having said that you and I both know the real motives behind that and about 51,000 other posts.Bless you for trying to see the positives in people though.

Don't let him snow you.

It's all about one thing.

The post counts.

-realtalk-

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Don't let him snow you.

It's all about one thing.

The post counts.

-realtalk-

This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    um, yeah it was.
    I think he was talking to Ray, although using the term Troll is a bit befuddling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    That's not a fact, that's your biased opinion. Jets roster was good enough to win 10 games last year if they, had an average QB, even after losing their best player on offense and their best player on Defense.

You can't judge the roster until they fill it after free agency and the draft. Last yer the roster was good enough to make the playoffs. They embarrassed the Colts, pretty much beat your Pats on the road. To say they have the worst roster in football is just silly since there is no way to truly judge it.
    How is this meaningful? You could probably name on one hand the teams that couldn't win 10 games with average (and by average I assume you mean solid and consistent) QB play. You're basically just saying they had an above-average defense. They have below-average skill players and just lost a bunch of players on both sides of the ball, to be filled with question marks.

Last time I checked, the QB was part of the team, and the Jets still don't have one.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    PatsTX really is a pathetic lost soul. I really hope that someday he finds a friend or a dog or a hobby or something outside of JI. Spending his golden years trolling on an opposing teams message board is about the lowest rung of being a loser that I can think of. At least the nerds at comic conventions are into something. But instead of being into somethng he gets his kicks bashing other people who are into something.

Mods, please perma ban him. You will be doing him a huge long term favor in helping him move on with life. Think of it as an intervention or a form of tough love. Right now he adds no value to this board and seeminly no value to humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    How is this meaningful? You could probably name on one hand the teams that couldn't win 10 games with average (and by average I assume you mean solid and consistent) QB play. You're basically just saying they had an above-average defense. They have below-average skill players and just lost a bunch of players on both sides of the ball, to be filled with question marks.

Last time I checked, the QB was part of the team, and the Jets still don't have one.
    Last time I checked, troll, that QB you cited was good enough to get us to the AFCG two years in a row including whipping your boy azz in Foxboro during the playoffs. Surround him with players and he can make plays. He's already proven that. However, if he doesn't get it done next year, Jets will just move on.

I can't wait for Tammy's playing days to be over.....the clock is ticking. You trolls know it too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    that was full of awesome.

I' m drunk and it's St. Patty's day.

Tx is banned!1

jetswin is th eMAN!!!!1
    But are you gRunk? That's the real question.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Last time I checked, troll, that QB you cited was good enough to get us to the AFCG two years in a row including whipping your boy azz in Foxboro during the playoffs. Surround him with players and he can make plays. He's already proven that. However, if he doesn't get it done next year, Jets will just move on.

I can't wait for Tammy's playing days to be over.....the clock is ticking. You trolls know it too.
    Brady's clock definitely is ticking but there is no guarantee the Jets will have a better QB than his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Brady's clock definitely is ticking but there is no guarantee the Jets will have a better QB than his replacement.
    There are no guarantees in life in anything. The only sure thing is Brady's success has propelled NE the past decade-plus. Once he's gone, NE will be back to reality. So enjoy it now. The magical ride will soon be ending. "Can't wait!"

Pats got to 2 Super Bowls pre-Brady, and that was under one of the worst owners in the history of the sport. Brady's retirement is no guarantee that that the Pats will totally suck and be a 2-6 win team year in and year out, but keep wishing.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Pats got to 2 Super Bowls pre-Brady, and that was under one of the worst owners in the history of the sport. Brady's retirement is no guarantee that that the Pats will totally suck and be a 2-6 win team year in and year out, but keep wishing.
    What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What is your point?
    My point is that there is no guarantee the Pats will automatically become bottom dwellers once Brady retires as some often claim here. And also to point out the the biggest difference between those horrible teams of the 70s and early 80s is current ownership (and Brady and BB, I know, I know). BUT Kraft is like night and day compared to the Sullivans, or God forbid, Victor Kiam.

All League
    Just curious. What is Belichick's career record without Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Just curious. What is Belichick's career record without Brady?
    Not sure. Was Brady the only difference between the 53 players in Cleveland, vs. the 53 in New England?

All League
    It's about 52-60.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Not sure. Was Brady the only difference between the 53 players in Cleveland, vs. the 53 in New England?
    pretty much, a great qb can change the fortunes of a franchise...

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    It's about 52-60.
    That good? Impressive, given how crappy Cleveland was when he got there. Not to mention how the scumbag owner pulled up the moving van in one of the biggest FU in history to a devoted fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    pretty much, a great qb can change the fortunes of a franchise...
    Sure. As can a great owner or a great HC.

Rookie
    And just think Mo Lewis set this all up when he blasted Drew Bledsoe and knocked him out of the game!And the rest is history!