Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis Dumervil Needs A New Agent?

The $4.8 million cap hit is just icing on the cake for the Donkeys. Maybe Wes can rush the passer?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Could you imagine if this happened to the Jets???
    That prick Manish would be rolling out "unnamed sources" stories everyday until training camp....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    The $4.8 million cap hit is just icing on the cake for the Donkeys. Maybe Wes can rush the passer?
    Someone sounds a little bitter there huh?

All League
    This isn't just about the agent, Elway screwed up also. Phones go two ways
    if its 1:45 and you still don't have the contract don't you find out what's
    going on??? But the media won't roast Elway because of his play on the field
    but that was a ROYAL screw up on his part

this is something that would happen to the Jets

All League
    There is now speculation that the Agent had heard from other teams that Elvis was worth more than the agreement with the Broncos would have paid. The mistake could have been intentional.

@JasonColeYahoo: Plenty of people in the agent world encouraging Dumervil to sue his agent. It's ugly out there.

Banned
    For some reason this reminds me of the 2003 off-season, when Terry Bradway found multiple ways to f*ck up the Jets.

@MichelleBeisner: Source close to the situation telling me Dumervil not generating a lot of interest from other teams. #freeagency

Rookie
    I read somewhere that something similar happened to Pats back in the 70's when Bucko Kilroy was the GM. Funny part was , it was the whole team that wasn't under contract due to a snafu like that.Only player that knew about it was Phil Olsen because he wanted out I guess. They kept everything hushed until the new paperwork was signed by all their players.

The team that wasn't.

@JasonLaCanfora: Elvis Dumervil will be signing with agent Tom Condon, though no official paperwork has been filed yet

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MichelleBeisner: Source close to the situation telling me Dumervil not generating a lot of interest from other teams. #freeagency
    Right . Ravens Titans and Patriots all expressing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If Dumervil is firing his agent, who would the teams contact exactly? It might need to take a day to iron out