Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Dumervil Needs A New Agent?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Elvis Dumervil Needs A New Agent?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MichelleBeisner: Source telling me, at this moment, things are not looking good between Dumervil and Broncos. A lot can happen in 39 mins though. #ticktock

LOL-a few minutes later:

@AdamSchefter: Elvis Dumervil agreed to salary reduction, smartly. Remains in Denver.

LOL!!

@MikeKlis: Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released

@MikeKlis: I'm serious. Contract was not filed by 1:59 p.m. Elvis Dumervil informed Broncos he was taking the new deal at 1:25.

@MikeKlis: Broncos didn't get fax with Elvis Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m. -- 7 minutes and 1 second past the deadline!

@MikeKlis: Broncos could still sign Elvis Dumervil but there are salary cap implications. Not that simple

@Jeff_Legwold: Dumervil's release gives #Broncos huge dead money hit. Limits ability to bring him back with a "new'' deal.

@adbrandt: Dumervil, if cut, will not be resigned, makes no sense. Team will take a big hit on dead money upon release.

@Deadspin: Elvis Dumervil agreed to stay with the Broncos, but his contract wasn't faxed in time: http://t.co/6ZZmhcIRZQ

@adbrandt: Not sure what happened w/Dumervil contract but know the NFL has always been strict about contract submission by 4pm et.

@adbrandt: Not sure who is Dumervil agent. Was represented by Gary Wichard, longtime agent who passed away in 2011.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-15-2013 at 04:34 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is like hitting the wrong button in Madden and releasing a player by accident.

In the NFL accidents like this don't happen, especially by good teams.

More to it than just admin oversights, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is simply unacceptable. Guy was already taking a 4 million dollar pay cut, now he is on the street and lost his 7 million dollar deal..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @FauxJohnMadden: BREAKING: LIVE Look-In at Elvis Dumervil and agent after being released - http://t.co/C99m1Q0naD

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adbrandt: To be clear, faxes are not used between teams and the NFL, that is a secure system. Contracts are faxed from agents to teams.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fire tanenbaum!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not alot of sympathy, stretch things to the last second and you can get burned. I'm 100% positive this will all be blamed on some secretary that made an 'administrative error'. Tough luck for both of them, someone played chicken and both ended up getting hit for it.

Oh yeah and "Sign the beast for short money!"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont' care how it happens, but find a way to SIGN THIS BEAST.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MichelleBeisner: Elway and Co. are fuming at the way Dumervil's management handled this. Broncos gave them a 1pm MST deadline. They agreed at 1:25.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adbrandt: Something strange about this going to last hour. Team in Denver, agent in Philly, player in Miami. Lots of moving parts.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously crazy. Can he go back to Denver? Will he land another big deal?
    NUTZ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may all spawn from his arrest last year. I don't think that sat well with Elway. All goes back to you can take the boy out of Dade county but you can't take the Dade county out of the boy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: Marty Magid, agent for Dumervil, said he did not receive revised contract tile 3:42ET and Elvis was faxing it back at 3:55, when DEN cut him

@JasonLaCanfora: Magid disputed part of Broncos timeline. said team changed the terms an hour before deadline, delaying things. Full story ahead @CBSSports

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adbrandt: Sounds like Broncos and agent will have different versions of the Dumervil saga. But player released and still counts $4.8M on cap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing but I think IF both sides truly agreed on it then the league should give them an exemption. Common sense should prevail. Sometimes errors can happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    something smells fishy here.

Seems to me that the agent did not want Dumerville to take the paycut. They probably have an idea of what he's worth on the open market... so they dialed up just a couple of minutes late, fully aware that this contract is invalid.

In the end, I think Elvis will wind up with a decent multi-year deal with a good team, probably the Pats.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    something smells fishy here.

Seems to me that the agent did not want Dumerville to take the paycut. They probably have an idea of what he's worth on the open market... so they dialed up just a couple of minutes late, fully aware that this contract is invalid.

In the end, I think Elvis will wind up with a decent multi-year deal with a good team, probably the Pats.
    If that we're the case, why not simply say "no thanks"?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If that we're the case, why not simply say "no thanks"?
    I don't know.

Bad blood? I don't know all of the details about the team's relationship with the agent. Maybe Dumerville wanted to take the paycut and the agents did not want him to so they made sure he didn't.

This seems weird to me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could you imagine if this happened to the Jets???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a jamoke