Thread: Unofficial Salary Cap Update thru 3.18.13

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Unofficial Salary Cap Update thru 3.18.13

The rookie pool looks a little light at 2.3m - I agree with the sentiment for Garay's numbers but I think it may be for the vet minimum since I do not believe he was generating much of a interest with his injury history. The rest is pretty on point:

$123,900,000
    Current Cap Number $109,723,383
    Rookie Wage Pool Cap Hit $2,302,020
    In-Season Transactions ~$2,000,000
    Unused Cap Space $9,874,597

Here is some information on the 2013 cap hits of the new acquisitions via free agency.

Antwan Barnes $1,050,000
    David Garrard $1,100,000
    Willie Colon $1,200,000
    Mike Goodson $1,641,666
    Antonio Garay Numbers Unavailable

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...ary-cap-update

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rookie cap should be like double. Our 1st rounder will make over 2 mil as a top ten. We have enough cap to make 3 more FA moves IMO then the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rookie cap is like 6mil I think. You also have to save 3mill if Revis gets traded before June 1st, will be a 3mill cap hit this yr

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Rookie cap is like 6mil I think. You also have to save 3mill if Revis gets traded before June 1st, will be a 3mill cap hit this yr
    I read somewhere we would need approx 5.3 mill for rookies but the actual amount we should deduct is in the 3 mill range because they will replace players currently on the roster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I read somewhere we would need approx 5.3 mill for rookies but the actual amount we should deduct is in the 3 mill range because they will replace players currently on the roster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    True but you have to remember you want at least a 5 mil buffer headed into the season. Ideally you want to be just over the cap in cap. That way when cuts hit you create your buffer. When we Cut Sanchez he will eat that amount anyway. Wouldn't be shocked if we cut him before camp really. Cap hit or not his presence as a bench player will be bad for the team. They will send a message when they release him this year IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    True but you have to remember you want at least a 5 mil buffer headed into the season. Ideally you want to be just over the cap in cap. That way when cuts hit you create your buffer. When we Cut Sanchez he will eat that amount anyway. Wouldn't be shocked if we cut him before camp really. Cap hit or not his presence as a bench player will be bad for the team. They will send a message when they release him this year IMO.
    Right now the rookies take the last 7 spots on the roster which are now allocated 405,000 each so you take that 2,8mill from the 6.3 allocation so you need about 3.5 to allocate to your rookies.

I don't know where they got the 123.9000 figure, the jets has more than that with the carryover didn't they?
    Last edited by patman; 03-19-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rookies will cost between $5 and $6 million. But like the others said, they are replacing players so that entire number isn't exactly going hurt the cap.

Also keep in mind that we will not spend 100% of the cap b.c we will leave some money in case we need to add players during the season. I think last year we had something like $8 million saved for that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last thing I'm worried about with this GM is cap space.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably enough room to sign a low level TE and another veteran QB, but nothing else. The rookie wage scale, as others have said, is around $6 million, not $2.3 million.

Also, if Revis is dealt that will eat up an additional $3 million.

This comes as no surprise. This is a rebuilding team with a good amount of hold the fort players. 2014 is when this team will hopefully, two good drafts and a solid 2014 off-season barring, compete.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Right now the rookies take the last 7 spots on the roster which are now allocated 405,000 each so you take that 2,8mill from the 6.3 allocation so you need about 3.5 to allocate to your rookies.

I don't know where they got the 123.9000 figure, the jets has more than that with the carryover didn't they?
    The Jets carried over ~$3.4 million, so you are correct - that $123M figure should be higher. Unless they accounted for the carryover already in the current cap figure, which is impossible to tell unless we look at all the invidual cap figures and see what they add up to.

Jason's site is a little behind as he is moving his stuff to his new site. He doesn't have Goodson, Colon or Barnes listed at present.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: Antonio Garay's 2013 base salary is $840,000, per NFLPA records