Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Thread: Jets Sign Antonio Garay

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,117
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He is from Rahway.
    Lotta guys born in NJ, coming home.

  2. #42
    I saw $1.2 million. Nice signing. I like him in a 50/50 split with Ellis. Or if Ellis starts to get it together, Garay becomes the nickel/dime NT.

  3. #43
    Ellis has to step up this year along with Damon Harrison.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Not a Tannenbaum fan but he brought in Faneca, Woody, Landry, former pro bowl players. Not sure about this signing, Garay is 33. Would rather have kept Pouha
    But Pouha's cap number was 6.4 million and Garay should be around 1.5-2 million.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Ellis has to step up this year along with Damon Harrison.
    Agreed, big year for Ellis to step up, no reason to think he can't, and I like a rotation of Ellis, Garay, and Harrison.

  6. #46
    Garay will definitely be rotating with Ellis. That'll be a fun competition to watch in camp, alongside Goodson and Powell.

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He is quite a character, has a Hello-Kitty-themed-Smart-car, was a wrestling All American, bounced around a bunch, is known for outragous hair styles but a good guy from everything you read...

    Solid veteran player who can help the rotation out I guess...
    Not that there's anything wrong with that from a flaming mo to a garay.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    I have never felt so confident about a team after a losing season....I m just enjoying how they are going about things.....I also like the signings....I cannot wait till the draft comes.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    keep in mind that in the WCO it's not really about a competition....both back will get their touches....and mcknight will be deadly on 3rd down.



    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Garay will definitely be rotating with Ellis. That'll be a fun competition to watch in camp, alongside Goodson and Powell.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    What is encouraging is that of the 3 FA's we have signed so far today, 2 of them were completely out of left field, and not even mentioned by the media. Idzik flying under the radar.
    I love it!!

    It is called a plan... The Jets have a real plan for a change!!!!!!!

    Woooweeee.. I am excited

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    exactly



    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I love it!!

    It is called a plan... The Jets have a real plan for a change!!!!!!!

    Woooweeee.. I am excited

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He is from Rahway.
    the only thing in Rahway is a prison...

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I love it!!

    It is called a plan... The Jets have a real plan for a change!!!!!!!

    Woooweeee.. I am excited
    I Agree, but the draft will tell me if we still have Tanny or the new improve version.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,770
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Love the fact that the NY media knew nothing of this, or Colon's signings

    Granted we'll suck next year, but I like the way Idzik is handling his bid-ness
    Why should we take it for granted that we are going to suck next year? If our QB situation improves, there is no telling how we will be. Lets not give up before April 1, 2013. imo its ridiculous. Imagine how INDY fans felt last year. Ya do remember that they did OK with 17 new players mostly rookies and first year guys. They got a QB and who knows, we might have one too! Don't give up before the fight.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    keep in mind that in the WCO it's not really about a competition....both back will get their touches....and mcknight will be deadly on 3rd down.
    McKnight getting the ball on offense?

    I'll believe it when I see it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Agreed, big year for Ellis to step up, no reason to think he can't, and I like a rotation of Ellis, Garay, and Harrison.
    Ellis can't seem to stay healthy. I think he'll have a big year if he can stay on the field.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Why should we take it for granted that we are going to suck next year? If our QB situation improves, there is no telling how we will be. Lets not give up before April 1, 2013. imo its ridiculous. Imagine how INDY fans felt last year. Ya do remember that they did OK with 17 new players mostly rookies and first year guys. They got a QB and who knows, we might have one too! Don't give up before the fight.
    I completely agree. It's not like we've lost any real talent from last year.

    The defense will be better without the slow, plodding LB 's

    The offense will be better simply because Sanchez won't be starting.

    Might not be a legit Super Bowl contender, but I wouldn't count out 10 wins.

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    keep in mind that in the WCO it's not really about a competition....both back will get their touches....and mcknight will be deadly on 3rd down.
    McKnight is so damned frustrating. If he handled the ball better, he'd be the best back on the team.

  19. #59
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Middlesex County, NJ
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He is quite a character, has a Hello-Kitty-themed-Smart-car,...

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Love the fact that the NY media knew nothing of this, or Colon's signings

    Granted we'll suck next year, but I like the way Idzik is handling his bid-ness
    + 10,000

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us