Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Dline tactic idea including draft

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Dline tactic idea including draft

How about drafting Jarvis Jones at 9 this year and going after Clowney next year in the top 5 assuming we are as bad as people say.Dts coples/wilkerson....des jones and clowney.Listen I am not a huge Jones fan as he is similar to Osi Umenyora in kinda a one trick pony...but if we do that,we would have a top dline for years to come.Would you do it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will not be bad enough to get Clowney IMO. Your talking 2 at the latest and just no way we have a 3-13 4-12 record facing the Bills and Dolphins twice. Miami IMO will get the same hype Buff got last year with roughly the same outcome. 2nd year QB they lost a lot of their best players and are playing fantasy football right now with real money. That never ends well just ask Philly, Washington, and Dallas.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    How about drafting Jarvis Jones at 9 this year and going after Clowney next year in the top 5 assuming we are as bad as people say.Dts coples/wilkerson....des jones and clowney.Listen I am not a huge Jones fan as he is similar to Osi Umenyora in kinda a one trick pony...but if we do that,we would have a top dline for years to come.Would you do it?
    I'm down with that kid, he looks like some of what we need, but he's LB, not D-line in NFL, no?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We will not be bad enough to get Clowney IMO. Your talking 2 at the latest and just no way we have a 3-13 4-12 record facing the Bills and Dolphins twice. Miami IMO will get the same hype Buff got last year with roughly the same outcome. 2nd year QB they lost a lot of their best players and are playing fantasy football right now with real money. That never ends well just ask Philly, Washington, and Dallas.
    I also believe we will win 6 games this year.
    Ask the Jets, we know what it's like Santonio, Sanchez contracts hurt us, not too mention revis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing with J Jones is I know how good of a pass rusher/strip sack fumble type de/olb he is.The issue is I saw him and the georgia dline get destroyed by the pro type Bama oline.So I have concerns if he is good vs the run.That's why I am not as high on J Jones as some.But him with Clowney would be scary as far as a pass rush goes and Clowney is also great vs the run so that would lessen the pressure on Jones in a year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bama had a combined 300 + rush yds vs the georgia front,which was something that caught my attention.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones and Clowney would be terrific.

But I think we would almost have to draft a QB this year for that to happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    The thing with J Jones is I know how good of a pass rusher/strip sack fumble type de/olb he is.The issue is I saw him and the georgia dline get destroyed by the pro type Bama oline.So I have concerns if he is good vs the run.That's why I am not as high on J Jones as some.But him with Clowney would be scary as far as a pass rush goes and Clowney is also great vs the run so that would lessen the pressure on Jones in a year.
    hmmm. Yeah, I thought he looked smaller than DL, but he could be a beast at OLB, he's quick and smart from all the strips. Besides, he doesn't quit. And I'm tired of quitters...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jarvis Jones can get 15 - 20 sacks a year given his quickness.But his frame is so small that he can easily get cancelled out in the run game.This is gona be a hard decision at 9 because if Ansah/and or Jordan drop and you got Jones on board,I am glad I am not making the choice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Jones and Clowney would be terrific.

But I think we would almost have to draft a QB this year for that to happen.
    Jets reportedly love Nassib

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a sign of the times when people are already planning for the 2014 NFL Draft, 40+ days before the 2013 NFL Draft ...