Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Harris' contract

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    So when's a good time to bring up this turd of a deal. Tanny left a big bag of flaming poop. $13 mil in '13? Yikes!
    He costs us half a mil if we let him go this year, and we'll have $13.5M in dead money. Next year we'll get back $5M, but I think he stays next year too.
    Cromartie, Sanchez and Holmes will be gone next year. Between them we'll get over $30M in return.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro will be back ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Harris had 123 TCKLES 3.0 SACKS 1 FF 0 INT's last season - pretty good production for an off year. He just didn't have as many game-changing plays as we saw the last couple of seasons, but, for those who think Harris has been awful, you may want to revisit those statements.

That being said I am a little surprised that the front office hasn't approached Harris about restructuring yet, he is still very productive, but, his CAP number is just too high right now. No rush really to do it right now, but, I suspect they will approach Harris before the draft.
    I agree with you about Harris' performance. Too much is being made about him. He's got plenty of football left. Also, the team might be thinking to keep Harris' number high to eat that money since 2013 is obviously a rebuilding year. Eat up as many bad contracts and dead money as possible this year and then it's gone in the future. Harris has very manageable numbers after 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    what I don't get is how fast some fast turn on players for reasons I am unaware....last week I started seeing people knowking harris and I was perplexed...we have so many holes which seems to be on track to be filled and all of a sudden its time to turn on harris. Last week someone started a thread stating that holmes was not going to restructure his contract and people came on the thread and pretty much crucified the man....not long afterwards it's OFFICIALY REPORTED that holmes did restructure the contract which will help the jets. I may not like a particular player but I don't get to the point where I use the word hate and go insane like some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    I agree with you about Harris' performance. Too much is being made about him. He's got plenty of football left. Also, the team might be thinking to keep Harris' number high to eat that money since 2013 is obviously a rebuilding year. Eat up as many bad contracts and dead money as possible this year and then it's gone in the future. Harris has very manageable numbers after 2013.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Cro will be back ...
    Oh, he'll be back this year alright, but look at his numbers in 2014. He'll be 30 years old save us a ton of money against the cap if we get rid of him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    what I don't get is how fast some fast turn on players for reasons I am unaware....last week I started seeing people knowking harris and I was perplexed...we have so many holes which seems to be on track to be filled and all of a sudden its time to turn on harris. Last week someone started a thread stating that holmes was not going to restructure his contract and people came on the thread and pretty much crucified the man....not long afterwards it's OFFICIALY REPORTED that holmes did restructure the contract which will help the jets. I may not like a particular player but I don't get to the point where I use the word hate and go insane like some people.
    Agreed. That's because it's a negotiation. Management and the Agents take extreme positions then they end up meeting in the middle. During the process however the press is sensationalizing everything and the fans are buying it. Eventually reality sinks in. It's the same thing in politics. The Democrats are defending one extreme and Republicans the other. They call each other all sorts of names then they end up settling and the press goes along for the ride.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 03-17-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: One other thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Oh, he'll be back this year alright, but look at his numbers in 2014. He'll be 30 years old save us a ton of money against the cap if we get rid of him.
    Looks like a restructure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Good year with absolutely crap around him at LB. The guy doesn't stink. He's really good. Ray Lewis doesn't play with garbage around him. Yet, Harris does. The people who ***** about his contract constantly need to find a hobby.
    Like being a fan of a pro football team?

I'm a big Harris fan and don't want him cut, but that contract sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Thats a possibility as well. Time will tell I guess.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Cro will be back ...
    I 100% expect them to trade or cut him next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Harris played hurt last season. He has a history of playing through injuries.