Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 113

Thread: Our Draft strategy

  1. #1

    Our Draft strategy

    Based on who we have signed and our looking at in free agency,i think our strategy is to stock up on offensive lineman early.My guess is if we don't have a strong coviction on a olb at #9, we take the best available lineman, with the suprise maybe being Star, if available

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Currently the Jets have zero (Let me repeat that)ZERO, starting OLBers on the team. At pick 9, either Jarvis Jones, Ezekiel Ansah or Deon Jordan will be sitting there .


  3. #3
    Lb is definitely a need as we stand right now. If they sign Barnes if softens the need a tad. I still believe the Jets may trade down from 9 and wouldn't be surprised if they took a TE late in Rd1 or early Rd2 . Ertz and Eifert could be targets in rd1 , Escobar or Mcdonald in Rd2, personally I'd love to see McDonald in rd2 .

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,669
    #9

    Dion Jordan, Chance Warmack,

  5. #5
    take a chance on Jones. Upside is ridiculous.

  6. #6

    I hope so

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Currently the Jets have zero (Let me repeat that)ZERO, starting OLBers on the team. At pick 9, either Jarvis Jones, Ezekiel Ansah or Deon Jordan will be sitting there .

    I worry a little about ansah.It is a question whether he can play olb at the next level. He might grow out of that position, real quick. Already at 270lbs. I want Jordon, i have a feeling though he'll be gone.

  7. #7

    Its a chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    take a chance on Jones. Upside is ridiculous.
    I would definetly take him over Ansah, not over Jordon though.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Based on who we have signed and our looking at in free agency,i think our strategy is to stock up on offensive lineman early.My guess is if we don't have a strong coviction on a olb at #9, we take the best available lineman, with the suprise maybe being Star, if available
    Makes sense. The OL is a key component in building a team. It will be interesting to see what the new brain trust does. Exciting time for Jets fans.

  9. #9
    I am against the grain. I do not want Jordan, I hope he is gone by #9.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I am against the grain. I do not want Jordan, I hope he is gone by #9.
    Me too . I really want Ansah. I think the Kid is an improved Bryan Thomas. Stronger, Quicker and more instinctive. Bryan Thomas was an important anchor in the Rex Ryan Defense because he could set the edge, defend the short zone and get the occasional sack. His instincts were always a step slow,and it showed up 100% in his ability to get to the QB.

    I happen to think that Ansah shows better instincts and the kid doesn't even know what he's doing yet.

  11. #11

    Wow, difference of opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I am against the grain. I do not want Jordan, I hope he is gone by #9.
    They had Jordon covering some wide recievers at Oregon.When the guy was sent after the QB, he looked almost as explosive as Mingo or Jones.To me Jordons upside is through the roof. Ansah's upside is too, but i worry about him growing out of the position.Already at 270, 5 years from now he could be at 290lbs??????

  12. #12
    My hope is that they opt to go OLB at #9. After that, where I am hearing that the draft is deep in OL talent, I was hoping they would take a couple of OL with their 2nd and 3rd rounders.

    That would fill the teams need IMO for a pass rush on defense. It would also build a pretty good OL and potentially a better running game.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    They had Jordon covering some wide recievers at Oregon.When the guy was sent after the QB, he looked almost as explosive as Mingo or Jones.To me Jordons upside is through the roof. Ansah's upside is too, but i worry about him growing out of the position.Already at 270, 5 years from now he could be at 290lbs??????
    If i had the 9th and the 13th pick, and Jordan and Ansah were both still available, I might take Jordan. We actually need both these kids. It's kinda why i am hoping someone above us falls for Mingo,LOL.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    I'm hoping for Ansah at 9.

    It's a risky move but I think his floor is about what we had with Calvin Pace.

    Jarvis would be my #2 pick, just because of his injury. Without the spinal condition, he's my top player in the draft.

    Jordan does not do it for me. Too skinny, not enough production. He might be great, but I wouldn't want to be the guy who had to make that pick.


    Please, Mr. Idzik... no guards at 9. Pretty please.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,545
    Warmack or Jones

    Two elite prospects who made their name against top competition in the SEC.

    I don't really give two sh*ts about these "potential" guys like Ansah, Mingo, Jordan etc.

    Face it, half of these passrushers are going to be flatout busts. Jones is the only one that I'm confident in being a double digit sack artist at the next level.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Warmack or Jones

    Two elite prospects who made their name against top competition in the SEC.

    I don't really give two sh*ts about these "potential" guys like Ansah, Mingo, Jordan etc.

    Face it, half of these passrushers are going to be flatout busts. Jones is the only one that I'm confident in being a double digit sack artist at the next level.
    And I'm praying for Warmack

    _

  17. #17

    I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Warmack or Jones

    Two elite prospects who made their name against top competition in the SEC.

    I don't really give two sh*ts about these "potential" guys like Ansah, Mingo, Jordan etc.

    Face it, half of these passrushers are going to be flatout busts. Jones is the only one that I'm confident in being a double digit sack artist at the next level.
    Jones when healthy, is a can't miss impact guy. Jordon though really has a chance to be a better all around player.It might take a year or two though.A guy who can cover, First step explosion at 6'7",man. I think your absolutly right though,Jones is a sure thing

  18. #18

    Don't laugh at me

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Warmack or Jones

    Two elite prospects who made their name against top competition in the SEC.

    I don't really give two sh*ts about these "potential" guys like Ansah, Mingo, Jordan etc.

    Face it, half of these passrushers are going to be flatout busts. Jones is the only one that I'm confident in being a double digit sack artist at the next level.
    i think if the Jets go guard, it very well might be Cooper and not Warmack.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    And I'm praying for Warmack

    _
    Me too

    Plug Warmack in at LG and watch him dominate from day 1.

    Cooper is a damn good prospect, but I'm not buying the argument of him being better than Warmack for one second.

    Warmack = Will Shields/Carl Nicks

    Cooper = Ben Grubbs/Davin Joseph

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Me too

    Plug Warmack in at LG and watch him dominate from day 1.

    Cooper is a damn good prospect, but I'm not buying the argument of him being better than Warmack for one second.

    Warmack = Will Shields/Carl Nicks

    Cooper = Ben Grubbs/Davin Joseph
    I like your John Hannah dipped in chocolate analogy much better lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us