Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our Draft strategy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Can we all just agree that if by some miracle, Floyd found his way to #9, that it wouldn't even be a discussion, he's a jet?
    I could only see it happening under two scenarios:

1. Coples makes the transition to OLB (don't see that happening)

2. We switch to a base 4-3

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Sure. Both. Neither, who cares. Floyd is a guy you don't pass on. We're down a DeVito and Pouha. It's not about who the starter-roster sheet reads on the locker room wall.. it's about bringing on playmakers on the Dline.

Rotate 'em. Change it up. 40 front. Let Coples play standing for a couple snaps. Put Floyd at nose. He's done it before.

It's versatility and domination in one sandwich.

I agree

Just like I don't put a premium on passrushers that are adept at dropping back in coverage. I care if they can rush the passer first and foremost.
    Jarvis Jones is the most natural and at this stage most advanced of all the pass rushers out there. Give me the qb killer everytime.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    So we're all agreed, Ansah is the guy, right?

I mean Jordan...err...Jones...no wait ...MINGO!!

Yeah that's it--we're all good right?

_
    So, who is it?

For all you ex-football players and professional team builders out there--which guy is the REAL DEAL?

Come on, one name.

_

All Pro

He's a 3T DT, and IMHO, so is Wilkerson. I don't think wilkerson is in his class thou.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    So, who is it?

For all you ex-football players and professional team builders out there--which guy is the REAL DEAL?

Come on, one name.

_
    Eric Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sure. Both. Neither, who cares. Floyd is a guy you don't pass on. We're down a DeVito and Pouha. It's not about who the starter-roster sheet reads on the locker room wall.. it's about bringing on playmakers on the Dline.

Rotate 'em. Change it up. 40 front. Let Coples play standing for a couple snaps. Put Floyd at nose. He's done it before.

It's versatility and domination in one sandwich.
    Jets R Up a Garey ,who might be better then Vito' and POOOHA. Antonio Garey might be the NT starter wk 1. Jets R set at NT w/ Ellis, Garey & Harrison. The jets need 34 DE's real bad. They have Coples & MO . FLOYD lookz like a 34 DE that can help Jets bc they have 0 DE's outside starters.

He's gone by then

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets R Up a Garey ,who might be better then Vito' and POOOHA. Antonio Garey might be the NT starter wk 1. Jets R set at NT w/ Ellis, Garey & Harrison. The jets need 34 DE's real bad. They have Coples & MO . FLOYD lookz like a 34 DE that can help Jets bc they have 0 DE's outside starters.
    If the jets go Dline in the first, it will be Star,and a switch to a 4/3 base front.The problen with that is Middle linebacker, harris is too slow, to be an impact guy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Eric Fisher.
    Why the hell are we suddenly going to draft a LT? I am not in favour of a guard at nine but that makes a lot more sense. I also think that Fisher is long gone before 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Why the hell are we suddenly going to draft a LT? I am not in favour of a guard at nine but that makes a lot more sense. I also think that Fisher is long gone before 9.
    I agree with this. Fisher is no can't miss guy either so I don't see the value in the pick at all. If Zona and Buff passes I wouldn't draft him at 9 either. Unless Joeckel falls by some freek accident OL shouldn't be in our sites 1st round. 3-4 yeah sure. To be quite honest if he is there I am calling Chi and looking if they want to trade 1st and give us a anther 2nd and 4th.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Currently the Jets have zero (Let me repeat that)ZERO, starting OLBers on the team. At pick 9, either Jarvis Jones, Ezekiel Ansah or Deon Jordan will be sitting there .

Done - even Mingo would be fine.

I want the best OLB left - or Geno Smith if he were there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Take a chance on Jones? He is the closest to a sure think out of all of them.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets signing Garay (which was a good move) means we can probably forget about Star and that the #9 pick will come down to either Warmack (if he can make it there) or Jarvis Jones. Star has Ngata written all over him but DL is no longer a huge need for us.

Coples and Wilk are our starting DE's next year all we need is depth which we can get in the later rounds or cheap in FA.