Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love the additions...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the additions...

Goodson is a breakaway threat at RB and he's costing us what, 2 million a year? Both Colon and Garay are proven starters and will bolster the lines. We have cut a lot if fat but have managed to recoup some.

We need a big TE, but maybe Cumby is up to the task and can start for us. Very encouraged that we finally have a real OC onboard too, people are expecting a 4 win season from the Jets, but we might be a surprise team this year though, looking forward to the draft though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the optimism, but we got some pretty big gaping holes to still fill in key spots... OLB x2, MLB x1, safety x2, cb x1 (likely), NG x1, TE x1...

A lot of veteran leadership is gone...

And then you look at depth/quality of our starters at some positions starting at qb and it's probably more realistic to think the team will totally unravel...

Still its exciting to see the re-build taking place and some of these older/slowing down players replaced, it's just hard to imagine we're going to field a better team next year than we had this year.

Better coaching can only take you so far.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a bad start, a couple here, couple there we could be back to .500 ball.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I like the optimism, but we got some pretty big gaping holes to still fill in key spots... OLB x2, MLB x1, safety x2, cb x1 (likely), NG x1, TE x1...

A lot of veteran leadership is gone...

And then you look at depth/quality of our starters at some positions starting at qb and it's probably more realistic to think the team will totally unravel...

Still its exciting to see the re-build taking place and some of these older/slowing down players replaced, it's just hard to imagine we're going to field a better team next year than we had this year.

Better coaching can only take you so far.
    D. Davis for the MLB spot, both CB spots are filled regardless of whether Revis is here or not and K. Ellis at NG. You can't always sign starters in FA to fill every spot. We have to let our young guys have a shot to develop and take that next step. They way I see it is we need both safety spots (I don't think Bush or Allen are ready to step up yet), Depth at TE (doesn't need to be a starter just needs to be a good blocker) the draft is very deep at the TE position this year. And we need both OLB spots replaced as of now. Draft is very deep in this position as well.

I don't think we'll be good next year but I say that knowing that I will enjoy watching them more in 2013 b/c we've turned over a new leaf and that is exactly what we needed to do this off-season. Hopefully Tebow is gone soon and Sanchez gets released after June 1st so we can totally purge this team of the recent BS that we had to deal with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The right way

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Not a bad start, a couple here, couple there we could be back to .500 ball.
    Its the right way to build a roster.Cheap guys with upside, and veterans who canm contribute on a part time basis.We get our impact guys, hopefully through the draft.I love this guy.Tanny was just awful.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Its the right way to build a roster.Cheap guys with upside, and veterans who canm contribute on a part time basis.We get our impact guys, hopefully through the draft.I love this guy.Tanny was just awful.
    Fans just have to be patient and not get wound into a frenzy by the media clamoring for a quick fix in the years ahead. Next year they will be shrills for going back to the way Tanny did it the instant gratification of trading up and trading choices for players and signing high priced FA. If this present FA market continues to next year, the jets with all the cap room they should have- will be able turn it around next off season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I love the kool-laid drinkers on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Goodson is a breakaway threat at RB and he's costing us what, 2 million a year? Both Colon and Garay are proven starters and will bolster the lines. We have cut a lot if fat but have managed to recoup some.

We need a big TE, but maybe Cumby is up to the task and can start for us. Very encouraged that we finally have a real OC onboard too, people are expecting a 4 win season from the Jets, but we might be a surprise team this year though, looking forward to the draft though.
    Jets are better established at TE than people think

Rueland and Cumberland are young solid players with upside, especially Cumberland. Both bring different tangibles to the game, Rueland a solid blocking TE who can run a route, Cumberland with his speed who is very adept as a receiver, and is an improving blocker. There is also Hayden Smith who has intriguing talent and now has a full year of NFL football under his belt.

That said I see the Jets drafting a TE early and carrying all 4 on the roster.

The Goodson pick-up has the potential to be a steal, very high upside with this player.

Colon and Garay are solid solid under the radar pick-ups, Colon is a steal if healthy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Rueland and Cumberland are young solid players with upside, especially Cumberland. Both bring different tangibles to the game, Rueland a solid blocking TE who can run a route, Cumberland with his speed who is very adept as a receiver, and is an improving blocker. There is also Hayden Smith who has intriguing talent and now has a full year of NFL football under his belt.

The Goodson pick-up has the potential to be a steal, very high upside with this player.

Colon and Garay are solid solid under the radar pick-ups, Colon is a steal if healthy.
    Your analysis, as usual is way off. The Jets are not drafting a TE "early". How absurd. Based on your predictions last year, perhaps you should not quit your day job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    It depends on how you define kool aid drinker. Do you define it as anyoen having a good thing to say about the team? There are a lot of kool aid drinkers on this site, however there are also a lot of people who are critical of the team. You are not a kool aid drinker if you look at how the front office is operating early on and think they are doing a good job. Would you agree?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Let's give tanny credit...he did steal another rb a few years back in Thomas Jones and he worked out pretty well...hopefully Goodson will work out the same way

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post

Last year INDY purged its team and still made the playoffs. I think we can do it as well. The QB position must be fixed and then we shall see. I like the direction the team seems to be headed. I liked every new player we just signed and I am hoping for two more: an OLB and a QB named Kolb! In the draft I'd love aspeedy OLB with great passrushing ability' and a QB in rd 3 with huge upside! Bray or Dysert will do just nicely. A SS with cover ability in rd 2 would be nice too.

I still have hope that RICKY SAPP will emerge as one of our OLB passrushers. He is still with us. If we trade Revis we will get more picks to aid the rebuilding quicker. if not he is a great player and can teach our young guys.

As for the TE situation: Epps is coming off IR. The Aussie is a world class athlete. He just might open a few eyes and he will fight anyone at the LOS. Its his aggressive nature. Reuland is pretty darn good as -is.

Never say never. This team will scratch and claw next season and just might surprise a few teams and skeptics! Too many are bsing that the outlook is bleak! Let the games begin! Then we shall see.

GO JETS! The heck with the critics! Lets get some earned swagger back!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-16-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    What are you talking about, we just went from 0-16 to 5 -11, few more players we might see 8-8.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Your analysis, as usual is way off. The Jets are not drafting a TE "early". How absurd. Based on your predictions last year, perhaps you should not quit your day job.
    The Jets should absolutely draft a TE early.

Who the hell in their right mind wants to go into next season with Cumberland as the starter?

I say draft someone like Ertz or Escobar in Round 2 or McDonald/Kelce in Round 3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Who the hell in their right mind wants to go into next season with Cumberland as the starter?

I say draft someone like Ertz or Escobar in Round 2 or McDonald/Kelce in Round 3.
    That's the way to go... Cumberland proved last season that he can be a solid number two but as a starter he scares nobody...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Eiffert

Ertz

Escobar

No reason the Jets can't draft one of these in the 2nd round. Probably Ertz or Escobar.

I'd do backflips for Ertz on the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Eiffert

Ertz

Escobar

No reason the Jets can't draft one of these in the 2nd round. Probably Ertz or Escobar.

I'd do backflips for Ertz on the team.
    I'd love to get Eifert but I don't see him making it out of the Top 25 after his combine performance.

I'd be totally satisfied with Ertz or Escobar though.

I'm a big fan of McDonald as well. He's a bit raw, but his potential is through the roof.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to get Eifert but I don't see him making it out of the Top 25 after his combine performance.

I'd be totally satisfied with Ertz or Escobar though.

I'm a big fan of McDonald as well. He's a bit raw, but his potential is through the roof.
    If Ertz had a deep threat WR (a good one) he'd be the #1 guy. He was the one who had to stretch the field (as a TE), and led the team in receptions.

He's Gronk 2.0+. I don't like predicting 1st round talent, but I'm confident with this guy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If Ertz had a deep threat WR (a good one) he'd be the #1 guy. He was the one who had to stretch the field (as a TE), and led the team in receptions.

He's Gronk 2.0+. I don't like predicting 1st round talent, but I'm confident with this guy.
    My only problem with Ertz is he does have questionable hands.

Had at least one drop in seemingly every game I watched last year. Definitely a well rounded prospect though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Ray the one predicting Sanchez as a franchise QB ?

I think he also mentioned Tanny as a Cap guru.

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You have to admire his optimism tho.Hope springs eternal