Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Lloyd Released

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Lloyd Released

Per espn ticker

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I thought he was the Patriots big signing last offseason - their big time deep threat and now they just dump him? I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-sign for less money but if I'm him I'd look elsewhere for more than the Pats are gonna pay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Yeah I thought he was the Patriots big signing last offseason - their big time deep threat and now they just dump him? I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-sign for less money but if I'm him I'd look elsewhere for more than the Pats are gonna pay.
    He's turned into a super diva. Pats did the right thing by releasing him and going after Sanders. IMO that's a money move.

Amendola
    Edelman
    Sanders
    Gronk
    Hernandez

That's not easy to defend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought they released him a while back lol

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    They needed a deep threat but Loyd wasn't it so I'm not surprised.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Thought they released him a while back lol
    Just talked about it. I don't think they could lose WW and BL and not have someone on the roster before they do it.

things worked out reasonably well for them in the WR department, IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed his year in NE and wouldn't mind him back at a lower price. He has a knack for the spectacular catch and doesn't need much separation to make a play on the ball.

On the downside, however, he is softer than a baby's bottom and is (apparently) an oddball at best and a locker room cancer at worst. This probably explains why he is now looking for his 7th (!) team in his 12-year career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I enjoyed his year in NE and wouldn't mind him back at a lower price. He has a knack for the spectacular catch and doesn't need much separation to make a play on the ball.

On the downside, however, he is softer than a baby's bottom and is (apparently) an oddball at best and a locker room cancer at worst. This probably explains why he is now looking for his 7th (!) team in his 12-year career.
    7th team? I didn't realize it was that bad.

Just looked it up.

San Fran
    Washington
    Chicago
    Denver
    St. Louis
    New England

Holy crap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with this. In addition to the injuries, they leaked out that they didn't like his locker room and outside behavior. Although I like Sanders if they get him (it should happen, can't see Gnats matching) it's a bit scary to have no WRs on the 53 that have ever caught a pass from Brady. (I don't expect Edelman back either)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He's turned into a super diva. Pats did the right thing by releasing him and going after Sanders. IMO that's a money move.

Amendola
    Edelman
    Sanders
    Gronk
    Hernandez

Amednola and Gronk are going to have a hard time staying healthy. Welker is going to be a significant loss for them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shame... I really thought he was The Truth

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Amendola
    Edelman
    Sanders
    Gronk
    Hernandez

Please. The only really difficult covers in that group are the TEs. Amendola is a good #2, he's not a #1. Sanders and Edelman are JAGs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Please. The only really difficult covers in that group are the TEs. Amendola is a good #2, he's not a #1. Sanders and Edelman are JAGs
    The way the Pats offense if configured, they don't need a true #1. WW is going to be missed however.

Sanders can stretch the field, and that opens things up for the rest of the bunch.

I can see the Pats drafting a WR in the first or 2nd round as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand this move unless he was totally unwilling to take a cut. There is nobody out there of his quality in FA

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is a talent but 7 teams in 12 years.....def something behind that...he was supposed to be the man with the 49ers....that seems like eons ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Amendola
    Edelman
    Sanders
    Gronk
    Hernandez

he is a strange bird, but I don't think he was a diva in the respect of being the center of attention. I liked him a lot, a lot more than most patriot fans, I just don't see where the 900 yards are going to come from.

They may not even get Sanders, It depends on how scared Sanders is about the FA market next year. If he thinks he is going to be a 6 mill a year player next year he wont sign,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way the Pats offense if configured, they don't need a true #1. WW is going to be missed however.

Sanders can stretch the field, and that opens things up for the rest of the bunch.

I can see the Pats drafting a WR in the first or 2nd round as well.
    Sanders is better suited in the slot, so if they do get him, Edelman is out. And the Pats would miss his versatility if he wasn'r nicked up so often. I do think, however, that people are overstating Amendola's lack of toughness and durability. He's had essentially tow major contact injuries. It's not like he blew out his ACL or pulled a hammy in a no contact situation. He'll surprise IMO.

The Pats also have Jones from the Bills and a few young kids where one (probably Ebert) could see some quality time. And as yoou say, they may draft a WR but with picks at a premium this year I hope they go CB or DE. Also wouldn't shock me to see them re-sign Lloyd to a smaller deal.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 03-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Sanders is better suited in the slot, so if they do get him, Edelman is out. And the Pats would miss his versatility if he wasn'r nicked up so often. I do think, however, that people are overstating his toughness and durability. He's had essentially tow major contact injuries. It's not like he blew out his ACL or pulled a hammy in a no contact situation. He'll surprise IMO.

The Pats also have Jones from the Bills and a few young kids where one (probably Ebert) could see some quality time. And as yoou say, they may draft a WR but with picks at a premium this year I hope they go CB or DE. Also wouldn't shock me to see them re-sign Lloyd to a smaller deal.
    I didn't realize Edelman was a FA.

Any chance BB goes after Patterson in the first? They don't have a high enough pick to get him. I'd say a Hopkins, Woods or Allen?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't realize Edelman was a FA.

Any chance BB goes after Patterson in the first? They don't have a high enough pick to get him. I'd say a Hopkins, Woods or Allen?
    I think Allen will be gone by 29. of the other two i would be happy with each.
    But i don't see Bill being happy with just sitting there. There is a lot of talk among the tv talking heads about teams wanting to climb back in the bottom of the first to grab a qb, I think BB will be more than glad to accommodate them

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now the Patriots will have to replace 192 receptions and 2265 yards with 2 injury prone WR's and possibly a guy who had 1 TD last year. Good luck with that!