Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Led shakin319 Halen

  1. #21
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,136
    They write and play their own songs, although they did cover a song from some band called A Day To Remember, because it was one of the favorite songs of the kid who passed away. The kid was also a big Beatles fan, but I couldn't convince my son to cover any Beatles tunes.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,021
    It's good to see kids into something besides whackin it in front of a tv playing video games as their sole source of the expansion of the mind.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post

    guitarist taking a sh*t > Gary Moore

    girl in front row center has Selma Blair eyes
    Last edited by Timmy®; 03-18-2013 at 02:01 PM.

  4. #24
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,518
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    So the kid's band plays at a fundraiser for the family of one of his classmates who recently passed away. The venue is a local Methodist church, which is pretty surprising because the lineup is like 6 hardcore screamo bands. Church venue rule is no moshing, so the kids in the crowd don't really know what to do with themselves. So right before his band's last song shakin jr. stands up from the drums, grabs a mike and yells "50 bucks to the best mosher during this song!" and then starts wailing on the drums to start the last song. I didn't get a pic of the mosh pit because I was busy trying to help form the perimeter. So his band comes off the stage and I'm looking at him like "wtf am I going to do with you, boy?" and he goes "uh Dad, I need 50 bucks."


    5 stars; the Future of RNR is here.


    Long live the new King.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,319
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    They write and play their own songs, although they did cover a song from some band called A Day To Remember, because it was one of the favorite songs of the kid who passed away. The kid was also a big Beatles fan, but I couldn't convince my son to cover any Beatles tunes.
    Not even Helter Skelter?

    You have failed as a parent/

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    guitarist taking a sh*t > Gary Moore

    girl in front row center has Selma Blair eyes
    I pray this is not a new "rock move" for young folk in bands nowadays. I hope shakin's son reads him the riot act.
    Either come up with cool guitar posturing or you're out of the group.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I pray this is not a new "rock move" for young folk in bands nowadays. I hope shakin's son reads him the riot act.
    Either come up with cool guitar posturing or you're out of the group.

    Maybe they are doing the song 'Deuce'?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Maybe they are doing the song 'Deuce'?
    LOL. Hey, maybe instead of Gene spitting fire, that guitarist shoots a jet of flaming doots out his butt.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I pray this is not a new "rock move" for young folk in bands nowadays. I hope shakin's son reads him the riot act.
    Either come up with cool guitar posturing or you're out of the group.
    Must be into Trujillo from Metallica, dude always looks like he's taking a deuce.


  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Must be into Trujillo from Metallica, dude always looks like he's taking a deuce.

    Great observation with Trujillo.

  11. #31
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,518
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Must be into Trujillo from Metallica, dude always looks like he's taking a deuce.

    LMAO - exactly!!!! I couldn't place the stance. Ha ha ha ha ha

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Must be into Trujillo from Metallica, dude always looks like he's taking a deuce.


    1:38


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMhnFJvnK3M

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    What a wanker. And, boy, do they sound awful. Time for the Vegas act, boys.

    As for the guitarist in boyshakin's band: Looking at the image again, he's not really doing Trujillo's move. It's more like what one my age would be
    asked to assume before a DRE.

  14. #34
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What a wanker. And, boy, do they sound awful. Time for the Vegas act, boys.

    As for the guitarist in boyshakin's band: Looking at the image again, he's not really doing Trujillo's move. It's more like what one my age would be
    asked to assume before a DRE.
    In this day and age (and as the father of a teenager) I'm thrilled to see kids even in bands anymore.

    Most of these little dooshbargs think speaking into a mic and pulling their pantses down below there unnerpantses is "talent".

    Good to see kids commiting to the discipline of learning an instrument.

    :shakescane:


    -

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    In this day and age (and as the father of a teenager) I'm thrilled to see kids even in bands anymore.

    Most of these little dooshbargs think speaking into a mic and pulling their pantses down below there unnerpantses is "talent".

    Good to see kids commiting to the discipline of learning an instrument.

    :shakescane:


    -
    Absolutely. Right now, musical "talent" is defined as being able to sing a one-to-two minute segment of a pop song. Forget about developing the tone, pitch, and endurance to sing an entire set. I f**king hate all the TV "talent" programs.

  16. #36
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I pray this is not a new "rock move" for young folk in bands nowadays. I hope shakin's son reads him the riot act.
    Either come up with cool guitar posturing or you're out of the group.
    The kid is rhythm guitar and about 90 lbs. soaking wet, and jumps a lot. I just happened to catch him after landing a jump.

    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    How much money did they raise and did the 50 bucks go towards the cause?
    They raised around $900, I don't know if the short fat kid donated the money or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

    girl in front row center has Selma Blair eyes
    That's actually shakin jr's girlfriend (if you're talking about the girl in the black Day to Remember shirt)

  17. #37
    That's awesome they raised 900.00 for a great cause.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post


    That's actually shakin jr's girlfriend (if you're talking about the girl in the black Day to Remember shirt)
    tell him well done...well done indeed

  19. #39
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    tell him well done...well done indeed
    :creepy:







    -

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    :creepy:







    -
    The new Musburger?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us