Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Jets sign Willie Colon

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets sign Willie Colon

    Seems like Idzik has found a replacement for one of our guards. Thoughts on him?

    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...one-year-deal/

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    A combination of subpar pass protection skills and Big Ben's tendency to hold onto the ball forever it's hard to judge

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone who knows football knows that if healthy...colon is an .outstanding signing....also colon was signed days ago.



    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Seems like Idzik has found a replacement for one of our guards. Thoughts on him?

    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...one-year-deal/

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    anyone who knows football knows that if healthy...colon is an .outstanding signing....also colon was signed days ago.
    You do realize that Colon has missed 36 out of 48 games the last 3 years due to multiple injuries?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    blah blah blah...are you aware that amendola is injury prone lol



    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize that Colon has missed 36 out of 48 games the last 3 years due to multiple injuries?

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize that Colon has missed 36 out of 48 games the last 3 years due to multiple injuries?
    He was pacing himself.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He was saving himself for the Jets.
    FIXED!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    blah blah blah...are you aware that amendola is injury prone lol
    Missed games due to injury the last 3 years:

    Amendola: 19
    Colon: 36

    Good luck with the glass house signing.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Missed games due to injury the last 3 years:

    Amendola: 19
    Colon: 36

    Good luck with the glass house signing.
    Contract amount for Amenola ~~ $31 Million, 5 years
    Contract Amount for Colon ~~ $1.2 Million, 1 year

    Good luck with that contract on the books for the next 5 years, dumbass

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Missed games due to injury the last 3 years:

    Amendola: 19
    Colon: 36

    Good luck with the glass house signing.
    Colon contract: 1 year, $1.2 million
    Amendola contract: 5 year, $28.5 million ($10 mill guaranteed the first 2 years)

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Contract amount for Amenola ~~ $31 Million, 5 years
    Contract Amount for Colon ~~ $1.5 Million, 1 year

    Good luck with that contract on the books for the next 5 years, dumbass
    haha ... just posted that too

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize that Colon has missed 36 out of 48 games the last 3 years due to multiple injuries?
    Your point?

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Contract amount for Amenola ~~ $31 Million, 5 years
    Contract Amount for Colon ~~ $1.2 Million, 1 year

    Good luck with that contract on the books for the next 5 years, dumbass

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    haha ... just posted that too
    Tex is really getting soft in his old age...lol

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    years of using the exact strategy of attempting to shoot down any move the Jets made is beyond old...yep he needs a different strategy....its not even entertaining anymore.



    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Tex is really getting soft in his old age...lol

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sorry but I need to ask, do the mods let PatFanTX skate by because he is good for business, per se? I don't understand how he has gotten 50k posts without being banned, hes just trolling

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Im sorry but I need to ask, do the mods let PatFanTX skate by because he is good for business, per se? I don't understand how he has gotten 50k posts without being banned, hes just trolling
    He's got multiple bans under his belt, but you know what they say about that fungus infection . . .

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    He's got multiple bans under his belt, but you know what they say about that fungus infection . . .
    Haha. What a sad, sad existence

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Contract amount for Amenola ~~ $31 Million, 5 years
    Contract Amount for Colon ~~ $1.2 Million, 1 year

    Good luck with that contract on the books for the next 5 years, dumbass
    Amendola is a playmaker who puts points on the board.

    What will Colon contribute to the Jets pathetic offense?

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Amendola is a playmaker who puts points on the board.

    What will Colon contribute to the Jets pathetic offense?
    Amendola has 7 career TDs on 196 catches. He has half as many fumbles as TDs

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us