Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Senator Rob Portman

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    LOL.

    Just LOL.
    Scarborough is a joke I guess?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Scarborough is a joke I guess?
    Scarborough is a total moron. Tha's why he lasted 5 minutes in Congress. A "Redneck Riviera" blowhard.
    I think Cruz' question to Feinstein was a good one. Compare the 1st and 2nd Anendments and an "individuals" (read Senator's) POWER to decide what is right.
    She showed her total arrogance by not answering and talking about Harvey Milk. Who cares. And BTW, Milk and Mosconi wer shot with a HANGUN. 35 years ago - enough theatrics.
    The killing of the two amazingly was done with a .38 revolver - not even a semi automatic weapon. She is a farce.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Not really. He needs to pay his dues first. He burst on to the scene, guns blazing.
    what does that mean exactly? its become clear that it takes no real positive marketable skill to be a politician.

    Negative skills on the other hand: lying, waffling, cheating, being a doosh - those are easy for career politicians (most of whom start out as lawyers )

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I'm glad to see he not only didn't try to conceal his son's sexuality, but publicly stated he has changed his bias versus gays. Personal experiences do matter.
    I read his op-ed last week. I think that its a good thing that he has come around and evolved his position. The GOP needs to get away from the caricature as the party of southern white evangelicals and baptists. It must be the party of everyone. I'm not saying that the GOP should change their platform completely re social issues but this idea that candidates need to be in lock step regarding these issues is a bit much. The fact that Chris Christie (my personal favorite as far as Republicans in office go) was not invited to CPAC was a shame to say the least.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    what does that mean exactly? its become clear that it takes no real positive marketable skill to be a politician.

    Negative skills on the other hand: lying, waffling, cheating, being a doosh - those are easy for career politicians (most of whom start out as lawyers )
    It's def not easy to get elected, it takes a ton of money as well.

    The Tea Party has been very smart by utilizing the primaries to get their person into the fray.

    As for Cruz he better have a pristine background.

  6. #26
    I have nothing against homesexuals but if anyone thinks their sex acts are normal they are plain dillusional!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I have nothing against homesexuals but if anyone thinks their sex acts are normal they are plain dillusional!
    Heterosexuals do some some crazy **** too!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I have nothing against homesexuals but if anyone thinks their sex acts are normal they are plain dillusional!
    LOL, chill, your spelling shows how emotional you get when in comes to this subject.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I have nothing against homesexuals but if anyone thinks their sex acts are normal they are plain dillusional!
    Yup, keep thinking like this and the GOP will never win another national election.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It's def not easy to get elected, it takes a ton of money as well.

    The Tea Party has been very smart by utilizing the primaries to get their person into the fray.
    The tea party has the Koch Brothers' war chest behind it and all of its far-right candidates. There's nothing populist about that movement at all if the Koch Brothers stopped funding the tea party through superpacs and other barely legal scams the tea party would be gone in 5 minutes and just another political sh*tstain.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I have nothing against homesexuals but if anyone thinks their sex acts are normal they are plain dillusional!
    Sticking a man's d*ck into another man's ass is not normal? If that's the case than how do you explain about 80% of all Christian Conservatives?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Yes. Why are there "rules" around expressing yourself? Feinstein needs to be checked, apparently Cruz is the guy to do it. "Be as public as possible?" That's his job. Serve the public.

    I'd tell them to do their job and not worry about whiny people who disagree with their politics think. Do whatever it takes to get the job done. That job is to serve those who elected you. You do your job the way the people want, they'll re-elect you. If you turn people off, you'll lose. But the re-election campaign shouldn't be the driving force behind action. Precisely why we need term limits.

    "Feinstein needed to be checked and apparently Cruz is the guy to do it" Really?

    Charles Krauthammer(R) had this to say about Cruz's performance;

    In the end, [Senator Ted] Cruz overshot. His question was, his argument was you wouldn't tamper with the first amendment on free speech for example, the way you're tampering with the second in restricting it by making some weapons illegal. And the answer that Feinstein ended up with, suggested by Dick Durbin was yes, we do with the first amendment when we outlaw pornography. So that is a large category of speech that is illegal, and that therefore it isn't absolute every right in the first or the second or the fourth amendment is one that you cannot touch. So, I thought Cruz was -- also the manner which he asked it, I think it appeared a little bit offensive.

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...feinstein.html

    He was loud and his opinion was heard so if that is what you mean by "checking" Feinstein then you are correct, I guess. When I saw that exchange I thought of the following quote; "The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room."
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-18-2013 at 10:52 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I read his op-ed last week. I think that its a good thing that he has come around and evolved his position. The GOP needs to get away from the caricature as the party of southern white evangelicals and baptists. It must be the party of everyone. I'm not saying that the GOP should change their platform completely re social issues but this idea that candidates need to be in lock step regarding these issues is a bit much. The fact that Chris Christie (my personal favorite as far as Republicans in office go) was not invited to CPAC was a shame to say the least.
    I agree with you and it will be an interesting thing to watch.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    LOL, chill, your spelling shows how emotional you get when in comes to this subject.
    Plz forgive me fot not spelling Homosexual incorrect. Not evberybody is perfect!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Plz forgive me fot not spelling Homosexual incorrect. Not evberybody is perfect!
    Delusional too.

  16. #36
    You folks could all be great Washington waste. Spend all your term proving just how bad the other side is and get nothing done for the country.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    "Feinstein needed to be checked and apparently Cruz is the guy to do it" Really?

    Charles Krauthammer(R) had this to say about Cruz's performance;

    In the end, [Senator Ted] Cruz overshot. His question was, his argument was you wouldn't tamper with the first amendment on free speech for example, the way you're tampering with the second in restricting it by making some weapons illegal. And the answer that Feinstein ended up with, suggested by Dick Durbin was yes, we do with the first amendment when we outlaw pornography. So that is a large category of speech that is illegal, and that therefore it isn't absolute every right in the first or the second or the fourth amendment is one that you cannot touch. So, I thought Cruz was -- also the manner which he asked it, I think it appeared a little bit offensive.

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...feinstein.html

    He was loud and his opinion was heard so if that is what you mean by "checking" Feinstein then you are correct, I guess. When I saw that exchange I thought of the following quote; "The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room."
    Once again, missing the entire point. But why I bother I guess, when all you're interested in is droning on and on an on and on and on about how bad the guys on the other side of your political views are?

    Cruz is no more "overshooting" than Feinstein does on a consistent basis. She was asked a pretty simple question, and rather than answer it, she had a hissy fit. Instead of addressing it, she went on about the horror of her own witness of gun violence, which had nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Pure political posturing, no answers, as per usual. Meanwhile, she's proposing an unpassable, ludicrous rehash of bad legislation. So yes, I expect her to be checked by those that disagree. Apparently though, in the new America, some people would prefer it if we all bowed down in deference every time a Democrat speaks, and those who don't, well HOW DARE HE!

    The conversation was whether or not he has a right to express himself simply because he's "new". Let's stop with the nonsense, shall we? Save your silly outrage for the content of opinions, not the ability to express them.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 03-19-2013 at 10:22 AM.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,888
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sticking a man's d*ck into another man's ass is not normal? If that's the case than how do you explain about 80% of all Christian Conservatives?
    you should explain since you know so much about it, Brucie.

    you really make some mega-doosh posts, ya know?

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you should explain since you know so much about it, Brucie.

    you really make some mega-doosh posts, ya know?
    It really is comical here sometimes.

    They'll talk all day about how "offensive" Ted Cruz's comments were, but you won't hear a peep from them about comments like that.

  20. #40
    Personal experiences matter, just ask Portman. I'm not offended by Cruz, I just think it is comical how he made his mark by running around telling everyone how "he" knows Obamacare will be struck down because he was a clerk for the Supreme court. This guy is like all the rest, he's about himself and decided to come in and pretend he's important because he's with the Tea Party. My guess he will be a one and done.

    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Once again, missing the entire point. But why I bother I guess, when all you're interested in is droning on and on an on and on and on about how bad the guys on the other side of your political views are?

    Cruz is no more "overshooting" than Feinstein does on a consistent basis. She was asked a pretty simple question, and rather than answer it, she had a hissy fit. Instead of addressing it, she went on about the horror of her own witness of gun violence, which had nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Pure political posturing, no answers, as per usual. Meanwhile, she's proposing an unpassable, ludicrous rehash of bad legislation. So yes, I expect her to be checked by those that disagree. Apparently though, in the new America, some people would prefer it if we all bowed down in deference every time a Democrat speaks, and those who don't, well HOW DARE HE!

    The conversation was whether or not he has a right to express himself simply because he's "new". Let's stop with the nonsense, shall we? Save your silly outrage for the content of opinions, not the ability to express them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us