Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senator Rob Portman

Senator Rob Portman

I'm glad to see he not only didn't try to conceal his son's sexuality, but publicly stated he has changed his bias versus gays. Personal experiences do matter.

Nice but how about having some empathy for people who ARE NOT your relatives. You know, governing for ALL the people?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Nice but how about having some empathy for people who ARE NOT your relatives. You know, governing for ALL the people?
    Agreed, the GOP def has some major issues, both internal and exterior.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Agreed, the GOP def has some major issues, both internal and exterior.
    Maybe they're still "evolving" on the issue, you know, like Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Maybe they're still "evolving" on the issue, you know, like Obama.

I guess you didn't watch the CPAC conference?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I guess you didn't watch the CPAC conference?
    No, I had no reason to.

No, I had no reason to.
    Ah man, it was awesome! All the newest Cons! Trump, West, Palin and Paul.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ah man, it was awesome! All the newest Cons! Trump, West, Palin and Paul.
    That's why I had no reason to.

That's why I had no reason to.
    You liking this Ted Cruz dude?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    THIS!..............

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You liking this Ted Cruz dude?
    Not really. He needs to pay his dues first. He burst on to the scene, guns blazing.

Hall Of Fame
    I like Ted Cruz. He didn't let Feinstein get away with playing the phony outrage card.

Not really. He needs to pay his dues first. He burst on to the scene, guns blazing.
    I agree with you. It will be interesting to see if he keeps at it or changes over time.

Jets Insider VIP
    "Paying your dues"... sorry, but this is archaic nonsense. His politics aside, is this really the expectation for our Senators and Representatives?

He was elected to do a job by the people of his state. The idea that he, or anyone else, needs to sit around and listen for a few years before they do or say anything is silly and part of the problem today. Especially if you're a proponent of term limits. Do we really want to continue this pattern of career politicians?

Can't have it both ways asking certain people to sit by while they "earn their keep" and then criticize them for being a "do nothing Congress". They've earned their keep by getting elected.

When someone starts a new job and asks for advice would you tell them go after those you disagree with and try to be as public as possible on day one?

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    "Paying your dues"... sorry, but this is archaic nonsense. His politics aside, is this really the expectation for our Senators and Representatives?

He was elected to do a job by the people of his state. The idea that he, or anyone else, needs to sit around and listen for a few years before they do or say anything is silly and part of the problem today. Especially if you're a proponent of term limits. Do we really want to continue this pattern of career politicians?

Can't have it both ways asking certain people to sit by while they "earn their keep" and then criticize them for being a "do nothing Congress". They've earned their keep by getting elected.

Jets Insider VIP
    When someone starts a new job and asks for advice would you tell them go after those you disagree with and try to be as public as possible on day one?
    Yes. Why are there "rules" around expressing yourself? Feinstein needs to be checked, apparently Cruz is the guy to do it. "Be as public as possible?" That's his job. Serve the public.

I'd tell them to do their job and not worry about whiny people who disagree with their politics think. Do whatever it takes to get the job done. That job is to serve those who elected you. You do your job the way the people want, they'll re-elect you. If you turn people off, you'll lose. But the re-election campaign shouldn't be the driving force behind action. Precisely why we need term limits.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 03-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Yes. Why are there "rules" around expressing yourself? Feinstein needs to be checked, apparently Cruz is the guy to do it. "Be as public as possible?" That's his job. Serve the public.

I'd tell them to do their job and not worry about whiny people who disagree with their politics think. Do whatever it takes to get the job done. That job is to serve those who elected you. You do your job the way the people want, they'll re-elect you. If you turn people off, you'll lose. But the re-election campaign shouldn't be the driving force behind action. Precisely why we need term limits.
    If his job is to alienate everyone he's off to a great start.

Jets Insider VIP
    If his job is to alienate everyone he's off to a great start.
    So you'd rather he serve one term quietly, wait around, and then alienate you in his 2nd term? Simply because you have some silly rule about waiting til you've "earned your dues"? Makes no sense.

BTW, he hasn't alienated "everyone". He's alienated defenders of the nonsense of the left. Whiners. People who didn't vote for him in the first place. And if he does continue to alienate others, why do you care? Wouldn't that mean his career would be short?

So you'd rather he serve one term quietly, wait around, and then alienate you in his 2nd term? Simply because you have some silly rule about waiting til you've "earned your dues"? Makes no sense.

BTW, he hasn't alienated "everyone". He's alienated defenders of the nonsense of the left. Whiners. People who didn't vote for him in the first place. And if he does continue to alienate others, why do you care? Wouldn't that mean his career would be short?
    I didn't say he has alienated everyone, but he is off to a good start.

MSNBC Morning Joe
    03/15/13
    6:11

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Ive got a serious question here. John Heilemann, this guy -- this guy, what he is saying, the way he is framing his question, suggests complete, utter ignorance. I'm talking about Ted Cruz here and I have brought this up before. Complete and utter ignorance and anybody conservative jurists will agree with me and they do, that when he goes on this line of attack about violating the Second Amendment, it suggests complete, utter ignorance of what the Second Amendment says and what Scalia, Thomas, and the conservative court said in 2008 about what the Second Amendment is and what it is not. So did Ted Cruz not go to law school? Has he ever been to law school?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-br...#ixzz2NuRrNh6C

Jets Insider VIP
    I didn't say he has alienated everyone, but he is off to a good start.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-br...#ixzz2NuRrNh6C
    LOL.

Just LOL.