Thread: If we trade Revis, why not pick up Nnamdi?

Veteran

If we trade Revis, why not pick up Nnamdi?

Just curious to what people think.

If he could be had for 6 mil per yr, was in bad defense- played lots of zone in Philly. If he came to the Jets and was back to playing man, would still be a loss from Revis but would be a good fit.

Opinions????

Theres no sense in handing out big money to older players at the moment, since we're rebuilding.

Also, I think he has been exposed the last couple of years, he's lost a step and once a WR has ran past him he doesn't have the recovery speed any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Theres no sense in handing out big money to older players at the moment, since we're rebuilding.

Also, I think he has been exposed the last couple of years, he's lost a step and once a WR has ran past him he doesn't have the recovery speed any more.
    My thoughts exactly. +1

Because he's just not good... Unless its a ploy to loose more games for a higher 14 pick

Rookie
    I know there's still alot uncertainty with the Revis situation, but in the event he is traded what do you guys think we will do at the cb position?

Pick up one of the many vet options out there (Winfield, Grimes, etc)?

Draft a corner?

Or do you guys think Wilson can step in full time opposite Cro? Or is another player ready to step up and start (Berry)?

Jets Insider VIP
    I find it unbelievable how many fans do not understand what we are trying to do right now. To suggest we would have any interest in nnamdi is mind boggling.

Hall Of Fame
    Not sure what was worse or could have been worse. The things we did while courting Aso and what that cost us or if we actually had gotten him.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    I know there's still alot uncertainty with the Revis situation, but in the event he is traded what do you guys think we will do at the cb position?

Pick up one of the many vet options out there (Winfield, Grimes, etc)?

Draft a corner?

Or do you guys think Wilson can step in full time opposite Cro? Or is another player ready to step up and start (Berry)?
    This is the perfect opportunity to see what we've got in Wilson. Just throw him out there and see how he does, there's nothing to lose.

I think Cro and Wilson is good enough, and they may draft a corner late in the draft and bring some in as UFAs

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm not so sure Mevis is going anywhere just yet, not too many teams willing to pay the price until the ?? of his rehab & return status are proven. I would like to see some nice draft picks in return but....
    I don't want Aso, would rather work with what we have left or draft if he does in fact end up flying the coop.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The team is in a rebuild Gator

ASO is a flirtation from another era.

Im sure he can still play man to man cover ....but for other team

The new GM is striping the old JET team down while Rex is watching it happen (justifiably).

We had our shot 2 years back to back now we prep for the next window

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Nmandi was a bust & total disappointment in Philly, I am glad that is where he wound up.

He will sign in New Orleans now with Rob Ryan and play in the one defense where he was actually successful.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I find it unbelievable how many fans do not understand what we are trying to do right now. To suggest we would have any interest in nnamdi is mind boggling.
    I can't believe it either. It is amazing how clueless some people really are. "JI has had "sign this beast threads" for every big name free agent that is clearly out of the Jets' price range and probably had zero interest in signing with a rebuilding team anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I tried a pair of Revis by Nike sneakers on yesterday they were pretty comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I can't believe it either. It is amazing how clueless some people really are. "JI has had "sign this beast threads" for every big name free agent that is clearly out of the Jets' price range and probably had zero interest in signing with a rebuilding team anyway.
    I think izdik is all about getting good value for a player which everyone should like.. Nmandi is at all time low in terms of value.. I think he could do much better in Rex's system..if anyone could turn him around its Rex and Thurman.. we could buy low and get much more out of him than what we pay.. I wouldn't call him a high priced FA, I don't think many teams will give him a lot..worth looking into.. I could be wrong, maybe there is a team or two willing to over pay for him and then I would say no..

Jets Insider VIP
    Why not Zoidberg?

1 year deal at around $4mil like what we gave Landry last season. Aso can still be an effective Corner especially covering the #2 WR. He's better than Kyle Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Nmandi was a bust & total disappointment in Philly, I am glad that is where he wound up.
    He was a bust because he signed an insane contract, lost a step and had to cover the other team's #1 WR while the Philly offense which had no OL could never stay on the field. If the Jets signed him at a 1 year deal with Cro covering the other team's #1 WR Nnamdi would cover the second option. I think he would be succesful here.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post

+1

And.....

Much like what Mr Revis is quickly on his way to. Guy has played what, 12 games/season MAX after his last contract?!

He has no leverage and nobody is gonna pay him more than what he's already made.
    I don't even think he'll get THAT again.

Oh, POOR REVIS! Woe is you!

Wilson is a backup or lower 1/5 cb bust

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I tried a pair of Revis by Nike sneakers on yesterday they were pretty comfy.
    How much were they and what's Revis' cut ??