Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinstar's Mid March Top 10

All Pro

Tinstar's Mid March Top 10

Chiefs : Eric Fisher
    This team has a Running game a bunch of probowlers but can't protect it's QB. The biggest need was QB, but since That's been filled, the next best thing is a LT who can protect the QB and continue the solid effort in run blocking that Fisher offers over Joeckel.

Jags : Geno Smith
    When a team takes it's entire scouting staff, GM and HC to watch a player at his proday, it should send a signal to the rest of the league.

Raiders : Sharrif Floyd
    Raiders are now Elated the Jags have fallen in love with Geno Smith, get the player they have been salivating over.

Eagles : Luke Joeckel
    The OL almost got Mike Vic killed last season. This LT is too good to pass on.

Lions : Dee Milliner
    No greater need exist on the Lions than at CB.

Browns : Chance Warmack
    There best player is a RB so the team builds a wall in front of him just like he had at Bama.

Cards : Matt Barkley
    Best fit for Bruce Ariens.

Bills : Ryan Nassib
    Teams needs a QB. This team just might be stupid enough to take the WR, but i think the need for a QB trumps the urge and just like Tannehil last yr , he already knows the offense since his college HC is now the Bills HC .

Jets : Zeke Ansah
    When you can't stop the run around the edge or get to the QB without scheming, you take a player who has all the trademarks of your best OLB but a greater ability to get to the QB.

Titans : Kenny Vacarro
    Titans need safeties more than any other position on the team.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 03-17-2013 at 11:58 AM.

All Pro
    Sorry Tin, don't like Ansah, don't want Ansah.

I'll chew my own face off if Barkley goes in the top 10.

All Pro
    I think you could be bang on with your top 5, but you lost me after that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I think you could be bang on with your top 5, but you lost me after that.
    Help me understand your logic.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Help me understand your logic.
    CLE is switching to a 3-4 defense, and while they've addressed some of that through FA, they're still short on bodies. They've got all kinds of money and picks invested in their OTs & C. Guard isn't a HUGE need. CB, DE, ILB is.

Barkley and Nassib just flat aren't going that high. There's better players available. I don't know what other logic to us. They're inferior. Tannehill was at least graded as a first round talent. Nassib & Barkley are no where near that. They only reason why we flirt with such notions is because we're in weird place in 2013 in that there's multiple teams with need at QB, coupled with a draft devoid of QB talent.

Jets - don't think ansah's a fit at all.

Titans - ok, sorry. that pick is entirely possible.

A couple notes of mine.

Can't see Geno going 2. That team has flaws all over, must build some foundation first. Plus Gabbert will get another year, I can see them going after a developmental QB. Personally Barkley fits GREAT in Jacksonville. Ball controlled, won't be a bust. Accurate, intangibles. Good running game, oline, and nice weather.

Also, I'd be shocked if Barkley and Nassib go in the top 10. Glennon is a better prospect than Nassib as well, even though I'm not a fan of his.

Also, watched a lot of Ansah film this week. My breakdown.

- In the Senior Bowl game, you let Ansah come in, pin his ears, and rush the passer. He had a lot of success in doing so.

- He's pretty good at disengaging the offensive lineman, and is really explosive in getting to the QB/RB. Pretty good instincts, surprisingly as well. Takes good angles too.

- However, I feel like he may be too beefy for OLB. His hips look a little tight/slow, and I feel like he's a 4-3 DE. He's 275 now, and will probably only put on weight as he ages. I feel that he will be a major liability in pass defense and might not be able to rush the passer as effectively as a 3-4 OLB. Also, a 3-4 OLB takes a lot more football IQ than a 4-3 End. A 4-3 End is the one position in football that you don't need an insane amount of knowledge to play. Get to the QB. 3-4 OLB is much more complex, and I feel that a team that is good at developing DL talent ala Detroit should pounce on him. The CB's in round 2 are pretty strong as well. Trufant, Banks, Poyer, Ryan.

All Pro
    CLE is switching to a 3-4 defense, and while they've addressed some of that through FA, they're still short on bodies. They've got all kinds of money and picks invested in their OTs & C. Guard isn't a HUGE need. CB, DE, ILB is.

Barkley and Nassib just flat aren't going that high. There's better players available. I don't know what other logic to us. They're inferior. Tannehill was at least graded as a first round talent. Nassib & Barkley are no where near that. They only reason why we flirt with such notions is because we're in weird place in 2013 in that there's multiple teams with need at QB, coupled with a draft devoid of QB talent.

Jets - don't think ansah's a fit at all.

Titans - ok, sorry. that pick is entirely possible.
    I don't like the idea of the Browns picking an OG at 6, but when they pick, he will probably be the best player available on the board . Thhe best player on their team is the RB, so i can see them going that way. The longshop here will be Star, but with a top 10 pick in round 2, there may think that Jesse Williams might be around.

The Cards are taking Barkley.Even if Geno was there, the Cards are taking Barkley.

The bills are either gonna take Nassib or Patterson. Nassib knows the offense and that team doesn't have a QB.

The Jets : I know who I want, but this team drafts crazy, LOL.

I am telling you guys that Ezekiel Zansah is an improved Bryan Thomas. He's also scheme diverse, and he fits.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Also, watched a lot of Ansah film this week. My breakdown.

- In the Senior Bowl game, you let Ansah come in, pin his ears, and rush the passer. He had a lot of success in doing so.

- He's pretty good at disengaging the offensive lineman, and is really explosive in getting to the QB/RB. Pretty good instincts, surprisingly as well. Takes good angles too.

- However, I feel like he may be too beefy for OLB. His hips look a little tight/slow, and I feel like he's a 4-3 DE. He's 275 now, and will probably only put on weight as he ages. I feel that he will be a major liability in pass defense and might not be able to rush the passer as effectively as a 3-4 OLB. Also, a 3-4 OLB takes a lot more football IQ than a 4-3 End. A 4-3 End is the one position in football that you don't need an insane amount of knowledge to play. Get to the QB. 3-4 OLB is much more complex, and I feel that a team that is good at developing DL talent ala Detroit should pounce on him. The CB's in round 2 are pretty strong as well. Trufant, Banks, Poyer, Ryan.

Yes, Ansah would make a superb 43 DE, but he's the OLber the Jets defense need to replace Bryan Thomas. Our defense uses the OLbers to set the edge, cover the short zone and rush the passer. Bryan Thomas did it great, but his instincts were always a step slow. Calvin Pace was the problem because he couldn't set the edge, and unless the receiver ran into him, he was out of position.

What we really need is both Jordan and Ansah to replace Pace and Thomas.

Jets Insider VIP
    What we really need is both Jordan and Ansah to replace Pace and Thomas.
    If we trade Revis and end up with two 1st round picks, I'll be pretty pissed if we don't devote at least one of them to the offense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If we trade Revis and end up with two 1st round picks, I'll be pretty pissed if we don't devote at least one of them to the offense.
    Even if these were the 2 best players available when we picked. Forget these 2, what happens if the 2 best players available were defensive players at positions of need.

Veteran
    Bruce Ariens runs a deep vertical passing game ala steelers and colts. Matt Barkley is not that kind of guy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    Bruce Ariens runs a deep vertical passing game ala steelers and colts. Matt Barkley is not that kind of guy.
    OK.

I can't see the Bills going Nassib at 8, that is a huge stretch. Marrone had Brees in NO, he knows what a NFL QB looks like. Maybe I don't see what everybody else does. Maybe trade back into the first or even trade back a few times at min I would think they could get St Louis 16 and 3rd or thier later 1st and a 2nd.with the rams moving up for Lane Johnson.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I can't see the Bills going Nassib at 8, that is a huge stretch. Marrone had Brees in NO, he knows what a NFL QB looks like. Maybe I don't see what everybody else does. Maybe trade back into the first or even trade back a few times at min I would think they could get St Louis 16 and 3rd or thier later 1st and a 2nd.with the rams moving up for Lane Johnson.
    Lane Johnson is a poor mans Brick Ferguson. If Doug Marrone passes on Nassib knowing that the Jets draft before him in the 2nd round,where is he planning on getting his QB.

The guy knows his scheme and what he wants to do. Ran it for 3 yrs so this is who i think Marrone will draft.

Lane Johnson is a poor mans Brick Ferguson. If Doug Marrone passes on Nassib knowing that the Jets draft before him in the 2nd round,where is he planning on getting his QB.

The guy knows his scheme and what he wants to do. Ran it for 3 yrs so this is who i think Marrone will draft.
    As I said if they want Nassib, they can trade down a few times.

All Pro

Well realistically, IF Buffalo was that high on Nassib, then they could easily jump up 3-4 spots in the 2nd get him ahead of the Jets. It's a lot cheaper than taking him at #9 a whole round too early.

I really don't think they'll be that obvious, though. (Syracuse connection). It's a risky play for a 1st time NFL coach to go all in on his College homeboy. If it blows up in Marrone's face, questions to be asked.. "how did you not see this coming?? Do you know anything about evaluating players??" etc etc

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    As I said if they want Nassib, they can trade down a few times.
    With who ? Would you trade up in this draft ?

All Pro
    Well realistically, IF Buffalo was that high on Nassib, then they could easily jump up 3-4 spots in the 2nd get him ahead of the Jets. It's a lot cheaper than taking him at #9 a whole round too early.

I really don't think they'll be that obvious, though. (Syracuse connection). It's a risky play for a 1st time NFL coach to go all in on his College homeboy. If it blows up in Marrone's face, questions to be asked.. "how did you not see this coming?? Do you know anything about evaluating players??" etc etc

Who better to impliment your offensive scheme that the guy who ran it for the last 3 yrs. What happened in Miami last yr is not a coincedence, and the Bills have way more offensive talent on that team than the Fish did last yr.

Prefer Jarvis Jones (if healthy) or Dion Jordan at #9