Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's Braylon?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's Braylon?

The rebuilding process is going to be painful but Edwards wanted to be a Jet and really never wanted to leave. Aside from some health issues, in my opinion, there's no reason not to lock him in and keep him for a few years. With the loss of Keller, if the price is right I think the Jets should sign him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out with the old and in with the new

Braylon was a good player for us for a couple years, but it's time to move on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as it's okay with Santonio.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 03-17-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    The rebuilding process is going to be painful but Edwards wanted to be a Jet and really never wanted to leave. Aside from some health issues, in my opinion, there's no reason not to lock him in and keep him for a few years. With the loss of Keller, if the price is right I think the Jets should sign him.
    With "if the price is right" being the operative word. To my knowledge, the reason why the Jets didn't resign Braylon the last time was because he wanted more money than what the market would support. The FO proved that point when Braylon signed for peanuts the last two seasons with other teams.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the Jets to resign Braylon Edwards. I love how well he's played as a Jet in the past. But Braylon must keep some reaonable expectations in mind, he can't be expecting Santonio Holmes money when the market said the last two seasons that he was worth the veteran minimum.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd sign him, reasonable salary and he brings veteran leadership and like what has been mentioned...he WANTS to play for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    I'd sign him, reasonable salary and he brings veteran leadership and like what has been mentioned...he WANTS to play for the Jets.
    Agreed. Not to mention he was ok in the few games with us last season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got NO big receivers and he has proven he is a good lockerroom guy, I would definitely resign him. He wants to be a Jet and not only for the money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    We got NO big receivers and he has proven he is a good lockerroom guy, I would definitely resign him. He wants to be a Jet and not only for the money.
    Towards the end of last season he was the only one out there even resembling a professional WR. But wouldn't Idzik have had something to do with his being cut from Seattle?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    If he's willing to take a vet minimum deal and come back as the #4 receiver, then I'm all for re-signing him.

And really, what other choice does he have? By all accounts, we were the only team even showing a hint of interest after he was cut by Seattle.

I just don't want him taking valuable playing time away from a young buck like Hill or a rookie if we decide to draft another receiver early.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resign BE in the House bc Jets need WR's. NoBrainer!!! Braylon is a BALLER!!!

Holmes - Possession WR
    Hill - PROJECT!!!
    Edwards - PROVEN WR w/Speed
    Kerley - lil Curl!!! SLOT
    Gates - FAST!

That's it!!!

JETS BETTER DRAFT A WR LIKE :

PATTERSON
    HOPKINS
    WOODS
    PATTON
    BAILEY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    With "if the price is right" being the operative word. To my knowledge, the reason why the Jets didn't resign Braylon the last time was because he wanted more money than what the market would support. The FO proved that point when Braylon signed for peanuts the last two seasons with other teams.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the Jets to resign Braylon Edwards. I love how well he's played as a Jet in the past. But Braylon must keep some reaonable expectations in mind, he can't be expecting Santonio Holmes money when the market said the last two seasons that he was worth the veteran minimum.
    Thats hard to swallow when he is better than Santonio, and at 2.5x less the douchebag.

Other than that, yes, he cant expect a big payday here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Agreed. We could do a lot worse (chaz schillens)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed. We could do a lot worse (chaz schillens)
    You had to mention his name

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Towards the end of last season he was the only one out there even resembling a professional WR. But wouldn't Idzik have had something to do with his being cut from Seattle?
    He did look a lot better on our team than he looked in Seattle. He is very emotional, and I don't think he wants to be anywhere but here. I think other teams may have this perception too. I think the Jets told him to wait, and he is waiting. I think they're keeping their options open, and if some other opertunities don't present themselves we'll sign him to a one year minimum deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they'll wait till after the draft to see if they still want to resign him ... not a great risk that he'll get snapped up elsewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    I strongly agree with you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edwards was done 5 years ago lets move on from that disaster. I'd rather make a push and pay extra for Cribbs. Edwards just brings nothing to the show.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Edwards was done 5 years ago lets move on from that disaster. I'd rather make a push and pay extra for Cribbs. Edwards just brings nothing to the show.
    Wow, don't agree with that at all. I think Braylon is just really "odd" and that affects teams wanting to keep him, but he still has game and should be truly healed for the current season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guys is the biggest impact player for the Jets and goes hard out on every play. Somehow he just played much more motivated for the Jets than he did in SF or Seattle. More and more he's a better pickup than Holmes the diva

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Thats hard to swallow when he is better than Santonio, and at 2.5x less the douchebag.

Other than that, yes, he cant expect a big payday here.
    I tend to agree with you here, but Braylon Edwards has only been a better receiver than Holmes on the Jets specifically. For whatever reason, IMO Edwards was the only receiver that's ever had any chemistry with Sanchez. You can't say the same with Holmes.

I don't like Holmes. I think he has way too much mouth. But Tanny opted to pay Holmes and pass on Edwards. I really don't know why. I always thought Edwards outplayed Holmes back in 2010. But just the same, Edwards being on the open market only garnered the vet minimum. It's confusing from my standpoint, but the market had its say.