Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's Braylon?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Wow, don't agree with that at all. I think Braylon is just really "odd" and that affects teams wanting to keep him, but he still has game and should be truly healed for the current season.
    Don't even bother. Dreamers is part of that contingent of Jets fans who ignore what Edwards did for this franchise for about two years or the fact that he clearly looked like he wasn't done when he got a chance to play for us last season. They'd rather sign a mediocre dud like Chaz Schilens just cuz.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I tend to agree with you here, but Braylon Edwards has only been a better receiver than Holmes on the Jets specifically. For whatever reason, IMO Edwards was the only receiver that's ever had any chemistry with Sanchez. You can't say the same with Holmes.

I don't like Holmes. I think he has way too much mouth. But Tanny opted to pay Holmes and pass on Edwards. I really don't know why. I always thought Edwards outplayed Holmes back in 2010. But just the same, Edwards being on the open market only garnered the vet minimum. It's confusing from my standpoint, but the market had its say.
    I agree....with Edwards, i can only guess there was injury concerns. I know there were unspecified knee "issues".

My opinion means very little, but i think the Santonio contract was top 5 worse ive seen given out since i followed the team in 86'.

I wish they would have went a different direction. Hind sight.....oh well.

If they can get Edwards for a minimum, and he cant be commanding much more than that, i think hes worth a 1 year deal.....no more.
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 03-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    i think hes worth a 1 year deal.....no more.
    I'd go 2 years, vet minimum with incentives

I still don't understand the whole league being anti-Braylon.....He was instantly our best WR when he played late last season which isn't saying much, but still....

He has to be better than atleast 1 WR on just about every team's roster and yet no interest for the last 2-3 seasons.....what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Don't even bother. Dreamers is part of that contingent of Jets fans who ignore what Edwards did for this franchise for about two years or the fact that he clearly looked like he wasn't done when he got a chance to play for us last season. They'd rather sign a mediocre dud like Chaz Schilens just cuz.
    A Contingent of *ONE*, that is.

He's the only guy who is constantly battling those who say even one positive thing about Braylon.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I still don't understand the whole league being anti-Braylon.....He was instantly our best WR when he played late last season which isn't saying much, but still....

He has to be better than atleast 1 WR on just about every team's roster and yet no interest for the last 2-3 seasons.....what gives?
    It really is confusing, but maybe he really is a PITA behind the scenes. I have always liked him on this team because of how hard he plays and hope he is back on this team. He also helps the run game immensely and now that we have a quick back, I'd love him and Hill on the outside to seal the edges.

That squad, during Santonio's 4 game suspension, was the best this team has looked in the past 20 years.

All League
    It would be stupid not to resign him

1 year incentive laden deal. Make it happen Idzik.

Next year's receivers:

Tone
    Kerley
    Braylon Edwards
    Stephen Hill
    Eifert or Ertz
    Cumberland
    Goodson catching it in the flats

Not bad at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    In the last several years, seems like the only 2 receivers to actually fight for passes in coverage were Braylon and Cotch. :/

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Thats hard to swallow when he is better than Santonio, and at 2.5x less the douchebag.

Other than that, yes, he cant expect a big payday here.
    Agreed, it's bad for team morale in general when you have an overpaid, diva without the skills to back up the attitude at number 1. I don't understand how you can begin to change the culture without getting rid of Holmes.

If I had moved to America and for whatever reason began reading this message board I would have thought Braylon Edwards cured cancer or was the the best WR in NFL history not named Jerry Rice.

Then I'd go to NFL.com and see he's been cut by two WINNING teams in two years, with a total of 32 receptions in two years and think to myself: Jets fans are ****ing stupid.

Move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If I had moved to America and for whatever reason began reading this message board I would have thought Braylon Edwards cured cancer or was the the best WR in NFL history not named Jerry Rice.

Then I'd go to NFL.com and see he's been cut by two WINNING teams in two years, with a total of 32 receptions in two years and think to myself: Jets fans are ****ing stupid.

Move on.
    You wouldn't have to be a new immigrant to know that..

Move on.
    And then perhaps you'd learn that not all of the teams in the league are equal, and that the Jet's receiver situation is abysmal. We don't get to pick between Boldin, Crabtree and Edwards. We don't have a receiver that could start for the 9ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    And then perhaps you'd learn that not all of the teams in the league are equal, and that the Jet's receiver situation is abysmal. We don't get to pick between Boldin, Crabtree and Edwards. We don't have a receiver that could start for the 9ers.
    The 49ers had Boldin in 2011?

I thought they had Crabtree and a bunch of nobodies who equaled one reception for three yards in the NFC Championship Game.

Hm

We have our 1-3 receivers. Continue to add YOUTH and SPEED to the receiving core, not blankets for Sensitive Six. The sooner he's on the bench, or in 2014's case on the way out the door, the better. No reason to bring back his binkie who at best is a WR No.4 at this point. Draft some receivers and let's go. Develop young prospects instead of clinging onto the old, used up past.

I thought they had Crabtree and a bunch of nobodies who equaled one reception for three yards in the NFC Championship Game.

Hm

We have our 1-3 receivers. Continue to add YOUTH and SPEED to the receiving core, not blankets for Sensitive Six. The sooner he's on the bench, or in 2014's case on the way out the door, the better. No reason to bring back his binkie who at best is a WR No.4 at this point. Draft some receivers and let's go. Develop young prospects instead of clinging onto the old, used up past.
    Have you actually been reading this thread? I don't see any posts claiming Edwards is Megatron.

All we're saying here is that we have a player, that we probably have an opportunity to sign, that's already done good things for this team in the past.

No what they had was the ability to go out and retool their offense. They made the playoffs, but still made big moves. New QB, now new WR, they have a winning team and can afford to make these changes. If that Jet's would've punted Sanchez in '10, perhaps we'd look a lot more like the '9ers today.

Who else are the Jet's going to get? I hope Sanchez never throws another pass for the Jet's but whoever is throwing the ball is going to have an easier time with Braylon here in addition to Holmes and Kerley. Hill can't catch, i hope one day he's great, but right now he's not. Braylon Edwards is the only other physically impressive reciever we have. Other teams who passed him up had other (better) options.