Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just go away

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Holy over reaction Batman!
    Honestly. Dude take it easy, you sound like you're having a meltdown/nervous breakdown

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Honestly. Dude take it easy, you sound like you're having a meltdown/nervous breakdown
    I think he just OD'd on estrogen pills

Bewildered Beast
    Great thread, cope.

No.

So what

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    - Lying to the fans

- WWE and long time Patriots fan John Cena as honorary captain of the team.

- Santonio Holmes being Captain

- Foot fetish video

- Over hyping every player to the point where they under achieved

- Lets get a snack

- signing Braylon Edwards a week after he calls the JETS out for being
    clowns on twitter

- challenging the fans verbally with inappropriate language at games

- giving the middle finger to fans at MMA

- Tatoo of Sanchez

- Begging to be on Hard Knocks

- Romney is more important than the JETS

- Claiming they had no interest in Peyton Manning after Manning signs with
    Denver.

- Inviting ESPN to cover everything Tebow

- guaranteeing multiple SB victories with no HC-ing experience

Am I missing anything? Feel free to add
    Your making much to do about nothing.The only thing that was a disaster that could have been avoided was the tebow fiasco.The guy who traded for him was fired, lets move on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

So for the last few weeks I was encouraged because I thought the JETS were making huge strides of getting back to being a real NFL team. No words from Rex or Woody and Idzik seemed to be in charge. Then this:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Does Woody Johnson expect Revis to be on Jets in 2013? "It depends. Wed like to have him on tm. But were tryin 2 always make tm better"

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...de-darrelle-re

While this statement isnt drastic, Woody Johnson is opening his mouth again and is getting frightening close to sticking his foot in it again. We ONLY need to hear from Idzik. Woody Johnson opening his mouth about football matters can only get us in trouble.

Please, for the love of god, stfu Woody Johnson, just shut it!

Just go away........
    So, what should he have said that wouldn't have given you a setback?

I see nothing wrong with what he said.

Hall Of Fame
    The premise of this thread is just silly. The fact of the matter is that if Woody had come out and made it clear that Revis is going no matter what then that would have limited the choices for the Jets and hamstrung the new GM in his negotiations. By saying pretty much exactly what he said, Johnson is helping the team position here, whether it be to get team Revis to agree to a cap manageable deal or to get a prospective trade partner to come up with a better offer.

While it has been true in the past that Woody Johnson has not always furthered the interests of the team as a result of his interactions with the media.... this is not one of those times.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Great thread, cope.

No.
    Ahh it makes one long for the days when he complained about Favre wearing packer shoulder pads or a players body language being wrong.. Of course then there was the traffic jam from a abortion rally on hempstead turnpike he blamed on Tebow..
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-18-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think we can dump this now, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Whats wrong with what he said?

"We'd love to keep him, but we're open to anything that makes the team better"

Good answer if you ask me.

Some of you guys will b*tch about anything.
    This.

There's some irony in the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    So, what should he have said that wouldn't have given you a setback?
    Agreed but I think Cop is basically saying that OUR owner hasn't really helped the process by being vocal and should not be addressing the media in any capacity. Woody has not shown a propensity for helping the team with his media coverage.

That said..his answer was solid. BUT how about..."I leave that to the GM".

So for the last few weeks I was encouraged because I thought the JETS were making huge strides of getting back to being a real NFL team. No words from Rex or Woody and Idzik seemed to be in charge. Then this:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Does Woody Johnson expect Revis to be on Jets in 2013? "It depends. Wed like to have him on tm. But were tryin 2 always make tm better"

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...de-darrelle-re

While this statement isnt drastic, Woody Johnson is opening his mouth again and is getting frightening close to sticking his foot in it again. We ONLY need to hear from Idzik. Woody Johnson opening his mouth about football matters can only get us in trouble.

Please, for the love of god, stfu Woody Johnson, just shut it!

Just go away........
    Nice to see that you are still the king of over reaction. It's a tough crown to shed, no doubt.

Woody has been pissing me off this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've never understood this "circus" BS.

For once, I actually agree with Ray about something.

What makes us a circus exactly? The Tebow signing? What else?
    Rex saying stupid things. Rex being outed as a foot fetish guy with a public video. Rex being spotted on Swingers sites with pretty trashy posts. Rex having his bare bottomed wife tatooed on his arm wearing a Sanchez jersey. Rex making absurd unrealistic promises to the press. Rex engaging in verbal flame wars with opposing players (completely inappropriate).

I'm sure I'm leaving a ton of stuff out, but that's a good beginning for you to understand what this clown is doing to the franchise.

I agree with Copernicus. Read the Idzik quotes, then read Woodys quotes. Heck Idzik has managed to gag Rex so far. Idzik is saying nothing and Woody should be following the lead of his GM. Give them a quote that says nothing at all. The same donkey braying media that lambasted the Jets when they talked about everything are getting their knickers in a twist now that the team is tight lipped.

And if Woody had continued to deflect the Revis questions, Mehta would have ripped him (as he's been doing) about how he won't answer questions, and how he's a bad owner bc he locks out the media, bla bla bla.

He said absolutely nothing here, and you seem to be the only one who's actually pissed about an answer that couldn't have been more harmless or well delivered on Woody's part.

He IS letting Idzik run the show, and that's all that matters. You can't rip him for saying something meaningless only because he's said worse things in the past. In fact, you should probably PRAISE the fact that when he does open his mouth now-a-days he isn't saying anything harmful to the team.

So what

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Rex saying stupid things. Rex being outed as a foot fetish guy with a public video. Rex being spotted on Swingers sites with pretty trashy posts. Rex having his bare bottomed wife tatooed on his arm wearing a Sanchez jersey. Rex making absurd unrealistic promises to the press. Rex engaging in verbal flame wars with opposing players (completely inappropriate).

I'm sure I'm leaving a ton of stuff out, but that's a good beginning for you to understand what this clown is doing to the franchise.
    Rex is a grat guy, and a great coach. he's an individualist, and not afraid of being one. I admire that.Nothing he has done has afected the outcome of games,or the ability of his team to sign players we can afford.He;s done nothing illegal, immoral, or unethical. he's our coach, and until he isn't our coach, wish him well,Because when you do, your wishing your team well.

Jets Insider VIP
    - Lying to the fans

- WWE and long time Patriots fan John Cena as honorary captain of the team.

- Santonio Holmes being Captain

- Foot fetish video

- Over hyping every player to the point where they under achieved

- Lets get a snack

- signing Braylon Edwards a week after he calls the JETS out for being
    clowns on twitter

- challenging the fans verbally with inappropriate language at games

- giving the middle finger to fans at MMA

- Tatoo of Sanchez

- Begging to be on Hard Knocks

- Romney is more important than the JETS

- Claiming they had no interest in Peyton Manning after Manning signs with
    Denver.

- Inviting ESPN to cover everything Tebow

- guaranteeing multiple SB victories with no HC-ing experience

Am I missing anything? Feel free to add
    I thing your dog must be embarrassed to be your avatar.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed but I think Cop is basically saying that OUR owner hasn't really helped the process by being vocal and should not be addressing the media in any capacity. Woody has not shown a propensity for helping the team with his media coverage.

That said..his answer was solid. BUT how about..."I leave that to the GM".
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I agree with Copernicus. Read the Idzik quotes, then read Woodys quotes. Heck Idzik has managed to gag Rex so far. Idzik is saying nothing and Woody should be following the lead of his GM. Give them a quote that says nothing at all. The same donkey braying media that lambasted the Jets when they talked about everything are getting their knickers in a twist now that the team is tight lipped.
    There's always the perfect answer that could be given in hindsight (but what's perfect to you may not be to someone else) but he basically said nothing. Its not like he said "We'd love to keep Revis but he's a greedy SOB."

This is much ado about nothing.