Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: Just go away

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,894
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    So for the last few weeks I was encouraged because I thought the JETS were making huge strides of getting back to being a real NFL team. No words from Rex or Woody and Idzik seemed to be in charge. Then this:

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

    Does Woody Johnson expect Revis to be on Jets in 2013? "It depends. Wed like to have him on tm. But were tryin 2 always make tm better"

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...de-darrelle-re

    While this statement isnt drastic, Woody Johnson is opening his mouth again and is getting frightening close to sticking his foot in it again. We ONLY need to hear from Idzik. Woody Johnson opening his mouth about football matters can only get us in trouble.


    Please, for the love of god, stfu Woody Johnson, just shut it!

    Just go away........
    I thought the exact same thing when I read the quote this morning, why can't Woody just STFU and let the football people go about their business?

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Rex saying stupid things. Rex being outed as a foot fetish guy with a public video. Rex being spotted on Swingers sites with pretty trashy posts. Rex having his bare bottomed wife tatooed on his arm wearing a Sanchez jersey. Rex making absurd unrealistic promises to the press. Rex engaging in verbal flame wars with opposing players (completely inappropriate).

    I'm sure I'm leaving a ton of stuff out, but that's a good beginning for you to understand what this clown is doing to the franchise.
    This clown has taken the JEts to 2 AFC Championship games something no other Jet head coach as ever done. And Rex has cooled off on his guarantees and other crap over the last year or so. And Rex has been completely silent this offseason.

    The problem is not that the jets are a circus, its that we have a gullible fan base that believes everything the Media spits at them. "oh no, the front page of a local paper has a picture of the Jets dressed as clowns!!!!"

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    So for the last few weeks I was encouraged because I thought the JETS were making huge strides of getting back to being a real NFL team. No words from Rex or Woody and Idzik seemed to be in charge. Then this:

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

    Does Woody Johnson expect Revis to be on Jets in 2013? "It depends. Wed like to have him on tm. But were tryin 2 always make tm better"

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...de-darrelle-re

    While this statement isnt drastic, Woody Johnson is opening his mouth again and is getting frightening close to sticking his foot in it again. We ONLY need to hear from Idzik. Woody Johnson opening his mouth about football matters can only get us in trouble.


    Please, for the love of god, stfu Woody Johnson, just shut it!

    Just go away........
    Agreed woody stick a cork in it. learn from the late leon hess don't get involved. i don't care what anyone says he wanted Tebow bad. he's more interested in $ than winning

  4. #44
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Again, we have gone down this road before. Not a drastic statement, but I do not trust Woody or Rex blabbering to the point where we start to lose leverage.

    STFU Woody!

    please
    You're not going to have an owner of a team silenced. It's retarded to even suggest it. The media would crucify him if he never spoke.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You're not going to have an owner of a team silenced. It's retarded to even suggest it. The media would crucify him if he never spoke.
    Who gives a flying F what the media thinks. They blast you if you speak they blast if you if you don't. I don't hear regular updates from some of the well respected owners of other teams.

    Woody should simply say. I defer all football personnel question to my General manger thanks for the question anyway. The reason Woody is getting hounded by the media? Because Idzik and Rex are keeping quiet.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This clown has taken the JEts to 2 AFC Championship games something no other Jet head coach as ever done. And Rex has cooled off on his guarantees and other crap over the last year or so. And Rex has been completely silent this offseason.

    The problem is not that the jets are a circus, its that we have a gullible fan base that believes everything the Media spits at them. "oh no, the front page of a local paper has a picture of the Jets dressed as clowns!!!!"
    +1 Some fans eat up negativity like a starving pig..

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    - Lying to the fans

    - WWE and long time Patriots fan John Cena as honorary captain of the team.

    - Santonio Holmes being Captain

    - Foot fetish video

    - Over hyping every player to the point where they under achieved

    - Lets get a snack

    - signing Braylon Edwards a week after he calls the JETS out for being
    clowns on twitter

    - challenging the fans verbally with inappropriate language at games

    - giving the middle finger to fans at MMA

    - Tatoo of Sanchez

    - Begging to be on Hard Knocks

    - Romney is more important than the JETS

    - Claiming they had no interest in Peyton Manning after Manning signs with
    Denver.

    - Inviting ESPN to cover everything Tebow

    - guaranteeing multiple SB victories with no HC-ing experience

    Am I missing anything? Feel free to add
    You forgot to add fans like you to list.

    I smite you.

  9. #49
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

    Just go away........
    Do us all a favor and take your own advice......

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    It could be worse, you could root for the Colts and have Jim Isray as your owner...

    This board sucks serious balls.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It could be worse, you could root for the Colts and have Jim Isray as your owner...

    This board sucks serious balls
    .
    Still campaigning for that MOD spot????

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Still campaigning for that MOD spot????
    His lack of ball sucking is what is standing in his way to becoming a mod.

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Again, we have gone down this road before. Not a drastic statement, but I do not trust Woody or Rex blabbering to the point where we start to lose leverage.

    STFU Woody!

    please
    He's not "blabbering" at all. He gave a non-answer.

    And it's not like he held a press conference. He was approached at the league meetings.

    Plenty of legit stuff to critique. This is petty.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    His lack of ball sucking is what is standing in his way to becoming a mod.
    lmao

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, let me get this straight; the owner of an NFL football team was at a meeting for the NFL where he was asked about the status of one of his football employees and he offered up a non-committal response. Do I have that about right?

    What would the OP and a few of the other posters here preferred he had done? Shake his head whilst saying nothing like some whacko? Ignore the media? Offer up a cryptic "no comment"?

    As usual, this fanbase shows why it is its own worst enemy. God. . .hatred. . .offseason. . .etc.

  16. #56
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Seems like the perfect statement to me.
    This and....

    The man is the owner of the team and isn't supposed to talk with the media at all?
    I think Idzik has already toned the dumb assed statements down tremendously, you can tell just by what isn't being said and the very little that is since we have acquired him as GM.

    Seems to me we have better direction now than we have in the last ?? years not?

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets aren't the circus. Their fanbase is. Worst in all of sports.

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    The Jets aren't the circus. Their fanbase is. Worst in all of sports.
    +1

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    The Jets aren't the circus. Their fanbase is. Worst in all of sports.
    + 1,000,000 I remember before Supe 3 there were the fans that were crying the Colts will humiliate us.. Probably the relatives of some of the young whiners here today..
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-18-2013 at 11:30 AM.

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    So for the last few weeks I was encouraged because I thought the JETS were making huge strides of getting back to being a real NFL team. No words from Rex or Woody and Idzik seemed to be in charge. Then this:

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

    Does Woody Johnson expect Revis to be on Jets in 2013? "It depends. Wed like to have him on tm. But were tryin 2 always make tm better"

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...de-darrelle-re

    While this statement isnt drastic, Woody Johnson is opening his mouth again and is getting frightening close to sticking his foot in it again. We ONLY need to hear from Idzik. Woody Johnson opening his mouth about football matters can only get us in trouble.


    Please, for the love of god, stfu Woody Johnson, just shut it!

    Just go away........
    I understand your sentiments, but the media, let by Gary Ahole Myers has killed Woody for the past couple of weeks for NOT talking to the media.

    Woody can't be criticized for not talking and talking.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us