Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Interested in Heyward-Bey

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets don't have any young WR's worth a shi*. Hill cant catch a cold.. Kerley is SLOT and BE and Tone R close to 30 yrs old !!!!

Jets need to draft a *TAR WR like

HOPKINS
    PATTERSON

Like Hopkins. Fast and polished. Can actually catch. Great numbers at Clemson. Jets could trade down from #9, get a pick and have a guy for years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yes my friend and thank you!!

According to some Hill is a bust after just one year!!! He was a rookie for goodness sakes!!!!

Jets fans at their finest!!!
    I didn't see anyone call Hill a bust in this thread, and anyone who does at this point is foolish.

That said, we can only talk about what we've seen so far, which is a guy who often disappeared for long stretches and wasn't always fundamentally sound. He might develop into the guy we hope he will be...he might not.

With Bey you have a guy who at least produced over a full season and shouldn't be expensive. If he comes in and Hill beats him out, then good for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Are you talking about Hill? If so, I'd have to disagree with the "open at will" claim. In year one, I saw a physically gifted guy who struggled to do just that on many occasions, and then failed to hold on to the ball when he did.

You can of course pin some of that on the QB, but I think Hill has to show us marked improvement in the two most important WR traits - route running and hands.
    Since i have no idea what the design of the plays were and whether or not Hill ran his route correctly or not, i won't comment. I do know that in the games i saw, the guy was open like a 711 . He got off the LOS easilly, and was in the open frequently.

If i am wrong, then explain to me how this lousy player had as many receptions as he had and as many drops as he had . Then explain the many instances where this player was open and the QB never saw him or overthrew him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It is amazing to me how little Jet fans think of a 1st yr player who proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he could get open at will against some quality NFL CBs.
    A bit strong. He can get on top of a defense but there are a lot of rough edges. I am interested to find out how his knee is doing. Hopefully he will be able to participate fully in OTAs and TC, he needs all the playing time he can get.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Like Hopkins. Fast and polished. Can actually catch. Great numbers at Clemson. Jets could trade down from #9, get a pick and have a guy for years.
    I agree about Hopkins, he may even be there in the 2nd round for us. He is one of my fav guys in the whole draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love Hopkins as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is amazing to me how little Jet fans think of a 1st yr player who proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he could get open at will against some quality NFL CBs.
    You mean Hill? I have very high hopes for him. Yes, his hands need work but his effort and size/speed combo are outstanding. The guy was just 21 years old as a rookie - I think he works too hard and has too much raw talent to fail.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill is not a bum or a bust. But, he is fast but very unpolished. Not his fault -GT doesn't throw the ball. He is not experienced and then he gets Sanchez. Ouch.
    DHB - also very fast. Like Hill did not exactly light it up at Maryland. Like Hill, unpolished but Al Davis loved speed.

There actually are REAL WRs out there. See earlier posts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    A bit strong. He can get on top of a defense but there are a lot of rough edges. I am interested to find out how his knee is doing. Hopefully he will be able to participate fully in OTAs and TC, he needs all the playing time he can get.
    Howabout draft a WR early who can catch. PROVEN WR's like PATTERSON OR HOPKINS???? How does that work for u?????? REAL MUTHERFUKKN TALENT.. JETS Need to quit fukk n around and draft some real fukkn talent... How many times do I hav to say it?????? How many catches did HILL have in college bf turning pro???? NOT ALOT MY MAN!!!!! If the jets draft Hopkins or Patterson , I bet they will have somewhere around 60-80 rec's (ROOKIE YEAR)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBRAINER!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    AND I DONT CARE WHO THE FUKKING QB IS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would liken this kind of scenario much like the Jet signing Aaron Maybin off the scrap heap. Low risk/high reward type move. The Jets can never lose with signing him. I would be all for bringing him in. If he doesn't work out, no big deal. If he does work out? Idzik looks like a genius.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets don't have any young WR's worth a shi*. Hill cant catch a cold.. Kerley is SLOT and BE and Tone R close to 30 yrs old !!!!

Jets need to draft a *TAR WR like

HOPKINS
    PATTERSON
    The Jets don't need a WR for 2013, because the top 3 are and will be Holmes, Kerley and Hill barring injury or trade. The Jets need a WR for 2014, and Chris Harper is the guy they should target to team with Hill and Kerley. Big body WR who is a clone of Anquan Bolden.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since i have no idea what the design of the plays were and whether or not Hill ran his route correctly or not, i won't comment. I do know that in the games i saw, the guy was open like a 711 . He got off the LOS easilly, and was in the open frequently.

If i am wrong, then explain to me how this lousy player had as many receptions as he had and as many drops as he had . Then explain the many instances where this player was open and the QB never saw him or overthrew him.
    Again, not a "lousy" player, as you can't draw conclusions on a raw player after year 1. But this is still a guy who made 60% of his receptions over three games.

I don't think his rookie year showed anything more than his speed down the field, which we already knew was there. Like everyone else, I'd be thrilled if he starts to put it together a la Demaryius Thomas and we see progression this season.

I just don't fault the team for looking at guys that can contribute this year if that progression doesn't materialize.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets don't need a WR for 2013, because the top 3 are and will be Holmes, Kerley and Hill barring injury or trade. The Jets need a WR for 2014, and Chris Harper is the guy they should target to team with Hill and Kerley. Big body WR who is a clone of Anquan Bolden.
    You take good players any year they are available to you and over time you build a great team. It's been proven time and again. To not take a really good player if he is there for you just because we have the guys you listed is short sighted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I don't think so. This fan base is confusing this Kid's ability to catch the football with his ability to get open. That kid got open at wll, something alot of Big WR have trouble with. His concentration was lacking and i will chalk that up to him thinking too much since it was his 1st yr.

This Jet fan is excited about this big Jet WR.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he comes at a reasonable price, I'd be fine with DHB.

If he is signed, Braylon's probably not coming back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopkins and Patterson are better than any WR the jets have on roster rt now... Holmes , Kurl, & Hill don't scare any1. Holmes& Kurl R possession WR's@ best... Hill cant catch and is a PROJECT ... Jets need a playmaker at WR who can run and catch.. If the jets drafted Hopkins or Patterson they would be #1 on the depth chart in front of Hill, Holmes, Kurl . I actually like HARPER and think he is going to be good too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You take good players any year they are available to you and over time you build a great team. It's been proven time and again. To not take a really good player if he is there for you just because we have the guys you listed is short sighted.
    This.

And if we happen to end up with 4 WRs who have really good years....that's a problem that I'd like to have.

The Packers had a full complement of WRs in Driver, Jennings and Nelson with Finley as a TE a few years ago. It didn't stop them from taking Randall Cobb. Fast forward a few years later and they are really happy they made that move. Seemed unnecessary at the time though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think so. This fan base is confusing this Kid's ability to catch the football with his ability to get open. That kid got open at wll, something alot of Big WR have trouble with. His concentration was lacking and i will chalk that up to him thinking too much since it was his 1st yr.

This Jet fan is excited about this big Jet WR.
    So is this one.

It was common knowledge that Hill was raw, but very talented. He never should have been the #2 WR at the start of the season. The ideal situation would have been to start him out as the #3 or #4 WR, and let him work on his pass-catching and route-running.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Again, not a "lousy" player, as you can't draw conclusions on a raw player after year 1. But this is still a guy who made 60% of his receptions over three games.

I don't think his rookie year showed anything more than his speed down the field, which we already knew was there. Like everyone else, I'd be thrilled if he starts to put it together a la Demaryius Thomas and we see progression this season.

I just don't fault the team for looking at guys that can contribute this year if that progression doesn't materialize.
    I have no problem with looking at players or even signing them. The problem i have is how some fans knock this kid who's a 1st yr player to build up an older player who's proven to us what Hill hasn't.

"You take good players any year they are available to you and over time you build a great team. It's been proven time and again. To not take a really good player if he is there for you just because we have the guys you listed is short sighted "

I agree, but why take a WR with your 2nd round pick when u can take a better talent at another position and still get a quality WR in Chris Harper. Chris Harper is perfect for what the Jets have on their team already.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 03-18-2013 at 11:38 AM.