Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jets Interested in Heyward-Bey

Veteran
    Sign this guyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I feel stephen hill is the real deal but bringing in bey won't hurt....the man was actually making great strides before getting hurt.
    Think it's too early to tell but he def is not a bust like some other posters on here think. He has shown glimpses and he just needs to develop with the right QB. Don't know if Sanjay Lal is the guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    SKY IS FALLING, WHO WOULD EVER WANT TO PLAY FOR THE WOESOME JETS.

Attitudes like this prove that the media campaign to portray the Jets as a circus is working. Forget that the wr coach he had success under is now our wr coach, forget that pur new OC has serious morningwood for the passing game, forget that FA is not over let alone the draft for the jets to add another qb...it's preordained, receivers would rather retire than come here.
    LOL, that's our mudcat

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Tell me how that worked out with Chaz Schilens!!!
    Dumb, you're talking about two completely different players, one that has produced, former first round pick in DHB, and in Schilens, a JAG who was signed as a depth player and ST's contributor.

I would much rather draft a guy in the 2nd round then sign DHB. If we can get Tampas first this year I would go with Tavon Austin all day.

Rookie
    Given the fact the no QB on our roster will complete better than 52% of their passes I think having DHB and Hill as homerun threats is a plus. We are not going to ground and pound nor are we going to precisely dink and dunk down the field. If we can hit 1-2 big plays a game its worth a shot on DHB, plus I think Hill has upside. Remember he was in an offense run by the poorest O Co-ordinator in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He was on a 1 yr deal so he's a FA
    thank god he was one of the worst WRs we've ever had!! stone hands

All Pro
    DHB had no say in how early OAK drafted him. Nor the circus that took place for the better part of his first 4 years over there.

He's worth pursuing based on the fact that our team presently has 3 starting WRs, 2 of whom have question marks stitched to their jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    thank god he was one of the worst WRs we've ever had!! stone hands
    What?...he provided very little on a clusterfvck of an offence where nobody came out well other than maybe Kerley and Cumby but 'stone hands'??...pretty sure he dropped the least passes all year and actually had the best targets to catches ratio on the team in 2012.He just wasn't used in an already dysfunctional offence.Won't be missed but let's not make stuff up

Drafting Stephen Hill in the 2nd round hurt this team in 2012. He couldn't be relied upon. I was personally disappointed with his drops. When you draft a guy that high you expect him to be able to catch the ball. You don't draft developmental players in the 2nd round. That's on Tanny and my personal feelings on Hill was well documented and not well received by all. I went by the numbers and the game film. I don't expect anything out of this kid. I realize he's developing but to sit here and pretend that our WR problems are solved because we have Hill is being a rah rah pom pom homer. I think he can develop, he's a hard worker and he has the desire and a good attitude. However, I'm not going to listen to the optimistic fans try and tell me that I'm wrong about the kid either when his track record in 2012 is what I base my current opinion on. He can change that opinion by being a better NFL WR. But he single handedly cost the Jets 2 or 3 games by dropping passes he should have caught. That's unacceptable. 1 game, I can understand. But having it happen multiple times and then that directly resulting in losses is unacceptable (I say 2 or 3 but honestly it may have been more than that but I just can't remember).

That said, keep searching for WRs and make these guys compete for their jobs. In the end, we really do have a band aid approach at our offensive skill positions. Hill showed flashes early on of his ability to dominate a game. DHB has incredible measurables as well. Kerley is solid. Holmes is an idiot and hopefully Braylon comes back. Not a warm fuzzy feeling at all when the best 2 WRs have been getting injured lately and that could possibly leave us with 1 solid player and 2 completely unreliable options at the WR position. I'm thinking the Jets will most likely bring in another WR via the draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    What?...he provided very little on a clusterfvck of an offence where nobody came out well other than maybe Kerley and Cumby but 'stone hands'??...pretty sure he dropped the least passes all year and actually had the best targets to catches ratio on the team in 2012.He just wasn't used in an already dysfunctional offence.Won't be missed but let's not make stuff up
    Nice post. I agree, tools be posting about players they got no clue about.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Heyward-Bey would be an excellent signing, again, lots of upside, should come fairly cheap and he fills a definite need (big receiver who can stretch the field)... in 2011 he had 975 yards in 15 games and last year he was solid aswell... with him our receiving corps would take a huge step forward and if Hill comes along we finally got a great mix of big long striding receivers who can challenge a defense deep and smaller fast guys underneath (Kerley, Holmes if healthy and Goodson from the RB spot can also do damage underneath)...
    Dhb is at his best used on the short to intermediate routes. He sucks on the deep pass. He fights the ball too much. You also don't use DHB near the goal line as he terrible with defenders on him.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I would much rather draft a guy in the 2nd round then sign DHB. If we can get Tampas first this year I would go with Tavon Austin all day.
    I would much rather pay the veteran minimum or low on a kid that flashed greatness but got hurt. I would like to see if this kid works out before we waste any picks on WR.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Dhb is at his best used on the short to intermediate routes. He sucks on the deep pass. He fights the ball too much. You also don't use DHB near the goal line as he terrible with defenders on him.
    Right. Lol, youre great man.

I believe he credits Lal with a lot of his development. So a reunion, if the price is right, would be a good move. And if he's best used on short to intermediate routes he'd be a good fit for a WCO.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I'd kick the tires with Bey but definitely would draft Tavon as well! hell! the Jets would be SMART to draft (2nd round) his friend who played on the other side of him at WVU...Stedman Bailey! this guy will be a GREAT RECEIVER in the NFL.

When are you going to realize that you have no interest in your scouting reports? They are always wrong and you don't know What you were talking about based on your history of work on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Howabout draft a WR early who can catch. PROVEN WR's like PATTERSON OR HOPKINS???? How does that work for u?????? REAL MUTHERFUKKN TALENT.. JETS Need to quit fukk n around and draft some real fukkn talent... How many times do I hav to say it?????? How many catches did HILL have in college bf turning pro???? NOT ALOT MY MAN!!!!! If the jets draft Hopkins or Patterson , I bet they will have somewhere around 60-80 rec's (ROOKIE YEAR)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBRAINER!!!!!
    Yes because all WRs come out of college and know how to catch well enough for fans.

All Pro
    Why would anyone take your thoughts at face value?

--You provide no sense of objectivity in your team's appraisal.

--You support unequivocally every player they sign, trash everyone they cut.

--You talk as though the front office knows what they're doing... yet YOU HAVE THE WORST RECORD IN THE NFL over the last 10 seasons.

Your team stinks, and you're a horrible judge of talent/management. Let me know when you guys have a winning season

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Tell me how that worked out with Chaz Schilens!!!
    When did Schilens ever have success?

Bey was close to a thousand yards in 11'.