Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets Interested in Heyward-Bey

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Howabout draft a WR early who can catch. PROVEN WR's like PATTERSON OR HOPKINS???? How does that work for u?????? REAL MUTHERFUKKN TALENT.. JETS Need to quit fukk n around and draft some real fukkn talent... How many times do I hav to say it?????? How many catches did HILL have in college bf turning pro???? NOT ALOT MY MAN!!!!! If the jets draft Hopkins or Patterson , I bet they will have somewhere around 60-80 rec's (ROOKIE YEAR)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBRAINER!!!!!
    This man GETS IT!!!!!!

All Pro
    Its hard to say what happened with Bey last year (new coaching staff didn't help),

...but OAK was borderline retarded for taking him as early as they did. He was always going to be a 3 year project to get up NFL standards. He was very raw, and a limited route runner.

Roddy white took some time to come around too.

2005 16 29 - 446 15.4 54 3 23 1 1
    2006 16 30 66 506 16.9 55 0 19 1 1
    2007 16 83 137 1,202 14.5 69 6 52 3 2

SCOUTING REPORT;
    White has an impressive package of skills, but he has work to do. Whoever drafts him will need to show some patience and allow him to fully develop before expecting big things out of him. If given proper coaching and time, White has a lot of upside at the next level.
    I see DHB's 2011 production as a much more realistic expectation for him down the line if he's coached and used properly.

2009 11 9 40 124 13.8 24 1 8 0 0
    2010 15 26 65 366 14.1 69 1 17 0 0
    2011 15 64 115 975 15.2 58 4 44 1 1

It's not say he's pro-bowl bound (i doubt he ever will be) but this 2012 year was a wash. For EVERYONE on that team.
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-18-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    If he comes at a reasonable price, I'd be fine with DHB.

If he is signed, Braylon's probably not coming back.
    I'd be ok with signing DHB for a cheap 1 year prove-yourself type deal.

But not at the expense of releasing BE who's a proven commodity and was showing flashed of his old-self last year. Sanchez had his best rapport ever with a WR when BE was in Green and White. Jets need to build around Sanchez. DHB has to show more than just running deep, go routes. he has to improve on his route running and presenting himself as an accessible target to the qb. Even with strong armed Palmer who can still heave the ball downfield DHB wasn't all that effective

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Does he return kicks/punts?
    Yes he can. Would love him as a pick up. Viable WR that could be a ST guy as well. I wanted Cribbs but Bey has a much higher up side IMO and likely cheaper. I say lock him up and set the WR core for the next 3-4 years. No more needs for quick patches. Him and Hill on 3rd and long would be a deadly combo. There isn't a CB in the league that could keep up with these 2 guys if you rotated them in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    DHB had no say in how early OAK drafted him. Nor the circus that took place for the better part of his first 4 years over there.

He's worth pursuing based on the fact that our team presently has 3 starting WRs, 2 of whom have question marks stitched to their jerseys.
    This is a good point Bey was drafted well above projected and was never supposed to be "the man". At least not right off the bat anyway. Was always surrounded by bad QBs and actually excelled under Campbell. Given the right role Bey could be a good weapon in this league. Certainly a better WR then BE, White, Chaz, or whomever we had trying to fill in when Holmes and Hill where both out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yes he can. Would love him as a pick up. Viable WR that could be a ST guy as well. I wanted Cribbs but Bey has a much higher up side IMO and likely cheaper. I say lock him up and set the WR core for the next 3-4 years. No more needs for quick patches. Him and Hill on 3rd and long would be a deadly combo. There isn't a CB in the league that could keep up with these 2 guys if you rotated them in and out.
    Dhb can't play special teams. You're really going to put a guy back there who has trouble catching the football. I don't know how old you are Dreamer but do you remember Johnnie Lam Jones. The guy would have a couple steps on the defender and all you would hear is clank as it bounced off his hands.

Again DHB is better short to intermediate receiver than a deep receiver. (he really fights those type of passes) Except when the field gets short near the endzone. He really struggles in tight areas with defenders around him.

Dhb was terrible last year playing in WCO offense . He couldn't read what the defense was in and where he was suppose to go. Dhb preobably would havfe been a better fit in last year Jet offense than this year offense. http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/2012/bye-bye-dhb/
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-18-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Dhb can't play special teams. You're really going to put a guy back there who has trouble catching the football. I don't know how old you are Dreamer but do you remember Johnnie Lam Jones. The guy would have a couple steps on the defender and all you would hear is clank as it bounced off his hands.

Again DHB is better short to intermediate receiver than a deep receiver. (he really fights those type of passes) Except when the field gets short near the endzone. He really struggles in tight areas with defenders around him.

Dhb was terrible last year playing in WCO offense . He couldn't read what the defense was in and where he was suppose to go. Dhb preobably would havfe been a better fit in last year Jet offense than this year offense.
    Oh god I remember Lam. lol McKnight can't catch either. Bey would have fit right in with Phillys O IMO. Oakland tried to use him like CJ or Fitz and he just got pushed around. Here he'd run a lot of short quick 3-5 step drop passes designed to rely on our WRs break away speed. Which we have a lot of right now. For that I think Bey would be perfect. Yeah if your doing 20-30 yard long step plays a agree with your assessment. Bey can get open but also get lost deep. I'd like to say a better QB can make him look better but we don't have that yet. Marty could very well turn him into a taller version of DJax, he knows how to break a tackle.