Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Interested in Heyward-Bey

Jets Interested in Heyward-Bey

Just saw this on PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ets-not-colts/

He showed promise in 2011. He played well last year I felt until he took that awful hit. I know he has a connection to Sanjay Lal too. I'm not opposed signing him and bringing him in. He might be too similar to Hill and then it wouldn't be great for us. I'm not opposed to bringing him in for a cheap price. Some talent there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Our receivers coach seems to want to take all of his old players. As long as we can get him for cheap and can cut him at any time, why not?

All League
    Sure, why not. Young, healthy, talented, motivated. Probably could be a bargain salary-wise. Adds competition.

Also, his addition wouldn't discourage the Jets from drafting a WR too.

Hall Of Fame
    Does he return kicks/punts?

No reason to not take a look, especially since Hill showed so little his rookie year. Hopeful he'll take a leap, but you never know.

If the Jets go into camp with Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Edwards, & Heyward-Bey (and White), I'll be confident that they'll have a solid rotation of 4 wideouts during the season. And maybe they hit on a later draft pick as well - I'm hoping the Jets don't use an early pick on a WR.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Our receivers coach seems to want to take all of his old players. As long as we can get him for cheap and can cut him at any time, why not?
    I was hoping we brought in Louis Murphy for a look. Another player Lal knows but will assume was 't high on. The Giants just signed him.

As long as we dump Schillens he's horrible...he's like a vernon gholston only looks like a football player.

What are his stats they are probably better than everyone except holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    As long as we dump Schillens he's horrible...he's like a vernon gholston only looks like a football player.

What are his stats they are probably better than everyone except holmes
    He was on a 1 yr deal so he's a FA

He's great except for his hands. By all accounts a good guy, hard worker, gives good effort when blocking.

I really was hoping the Pats would take a run at him and that his dropsies would go away.

All League
    can he play qb?

DHB - A WR who can't catch. Sort of like Hill. Together with a QB who can't throw. Great combo.

All Pro
    If the deal is gonna be for short money then I don't mind at all....still has youth on his side....

All Pro
    Sign him in a heartbeat.

Tons of upside imo

Low risk /high reward

All Pro
    It is amazing to me how little Jet fans think of a 1st yr player who proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he could get open at will against some quality NFL CBs.

DHB was a horrible pick for where he was taken. He would be as decent pick up for us though. Can you guys not remember that we had to go out mid season and get jason freaking hill to start for us last year?

Jets don't have any young WR's worth a shi*. Hill cant catch a cold.. Kerley is SLOT and BE and Tone R close to 30 yrs old !!!!

Jets need to draft a *TAR WR like

HOPKINS
    PATTERSON

You can't teach speed, so why not take a flier for short money.

But Lal has no credibility with me post-Schillens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It is amazing to me how little Jet fans think of a 1st yr player who proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he could get open at will against some quality NFL CBs.
    Are you talking about Hill? If so, I'd have to disagree with the "open at will" claim. In year one, I saw a physically gifted guy who struggled to do just that on many occasions, and then failed to hold on to the ball when he did.

You can of course pin some of that on the QB, but I think Hill has to show us marked improvement in the two most important WR traits - route running and hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Yes my friend and thank you!!

According to some Hill is a bust after just one year!!! He was a rookie for goodness sakes!!!!

Jets fans at their finest!!!