Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myth on Keller

Myth on Keller

He was injured a lot. Truth be told only this past year. Granted he was a miserable blocker but he was a matchup nightmare.

Sanchez's security blanket. i'm not here to defend sanchez but it doesn't help that he has new WRs and TEs every year.

hate seeing him swim to fish but i agree 4.25 is a lot. We need to draft a TE in the first 3 rds. preferrably one that can block

Favre loved him.

Will he explode w/a good QB?

Keller = TE version of Shonn Greene.

Talent there, about twice year has really excellent games that show he has the talent, under achieves in a lot of games over his time here. No where near as fast as what he was supposed to be. Questionable character after his near the goal line shenanigans last year.

He is no more of a match up problem than any other pass catching TE in this league. He is also apparently stupid as he turned down a multi year deal from Miami in favor of a one year deal for the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Talent there, about twice year has really excellent games that show he has the talent, under achieves in a lot of games over his time here. No where near as fast as what he was supposed to be. Questionable character after his near the goal line shenanigans last year.

He is no more of a match up problem than any other pass catching TE in this league. He is also apparently stupid as he turned down a multi year deal from Miami in favor of a one year deal for the same amount.
    Agreed he has a couple real good games and disappears. he's banking on hitting it big in miami which he may very well do.

Bottom line he underacheived for a 1st rd. TE

Hall Of Fame
    Favre did love him. When Keller was a rookie he had so much promise.

But lets not act like he doesn't have 5 years under his belt. He has his own shortcomings. It is not all the QBs fault. If anything Sanchez actually gave him more opportunities to make plays b.c he constantly looked for him in the passing game.

Keller is what he is. He is a decent ornament. Not a core or foundation player.

All Pro
    Granted he was a miserable blocker but he was a matchup nightmare.
    Stop it. He is not a matchup nightmare. He was a free agent and couldnt even get a multi year deal. There was no interest in this "matchup nightmare".

Veteran
    Screw Keller. He is a one-dimensional player as a receiving TE and is only slight above average at that.

In fact, I would not even rule out the possibility that he jumped offsides on purpose during that 3rd and goal Tebow play from the one in Seattle to "protect" his friend Mark Sanchez.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 03-18-2013 at 10:22 AM.

so true....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Stop it. He is not a matchup nightmare. He was a free agent and couldnt even get a multi year deal. There was no interest in this "matchup nightmare".
    Actually he could have gotten a multi year deal from the Fins but he turned it down because he thought he could score bigger elsewhere, when he went back they offered a one year deal. He and his agent screwed up big time.

Hall Of Fame
    Dustin Keller is a Dolphin. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Screw Keller. He is a one-dimensional player as a receiving TE and is only slight above average at that.
    I expected big things out of him when the Jets drafted him, but he has been a dissapointment (not a bust). For a smallish TE that doesn't block well, he just isn't a good enough receiver the money he was looking for.

He is going to have a great year. Jets fans are going to be saying "where was that when he was on the Jets?"..... all because #6 is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Dustin Keller is a Dolphin. Who cares?
    So true, no point obsessing about a player who has gone.

Time to accept it and move on.

All League

Stupid? Perhaps.

But if you believe in yourself and you turn out to be right, it could pay off. Flacco did it. Mind you, I don't mean to imply that Keller is in same league as Flacco. More times than not, this is a strategy that backfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He was injured a lot. Truth be told only this past year. Granted he was a miserable blocker but he was a matchup nightmare.

Sanchez's security blanket. i'm not here to defend sanchez but it doesn't help that he has new WRs and TEs every year.

hate seeing him swim to fish but i agree 4.25 is a lot. We need to draft a TE in the first 3 rds. preferrably one that can block

Favre loved him.

Will he explode w/a good QB?
    It wasn't a myth. Even though he played it seemed like he was never a 100%. He was always nursing some injury. Not sad to see him gone.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    He is going to have a great year. Jets fans are going to be saying "where was that when he was on the Jets?"..... all because #6 is garbage.
    Jets fans always seem to think our mediocre players will flourish elsewhere.

This is the same crap I heard about Chris Baker, LaMont Jordan, Victor Hobson, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Jets fans always seem to think our mediocre players will flourish elsewhere.

This is the same crap I heard about Chris Baker, LaMont Jordan, Victor Hobson, etc.
    AMEN!!!!!!

He's a WR put in TE slot..can put any big WR at TE and will do just ad good as keller.. Cumberland did a decent job last yr..

Undrafted Free Agent
    People please, he plays for the enemy now.

So Long Keller you sorry F**K!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    So true, no point obsessing about a player who has gone.

Time to accept it and move on.
    +1

I'm on record as one of the guys who wanted Keller back, and I don't want to see the team spend an early pick on a TE this year. But it's old business now.

Just hope the Jets have a better plan in mind than trotting Cumberland out with the #1s. Really like him as a #2 TE, but I just don't see him as a guy to make things happen in the offense as a starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Keller's best suited for a different role then he had on the jets, like many of our recent offensive players. Thats why im excited about Morny...