Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Myth on Keller

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    They're pretty similar TE prospects both 6'6 in the neighborhood of 250 lbs and primarily are receivers. Jets need a big receiver who can pull it down and be effective running the fade in the endzone. They get compared to Jason Witten. Both guys fit the bill. We had a tall receiver in Plax in 2011 and had a very good redzone offense as a result with Suckchez throwing the ball.
    I like the sound.of both guys. Where are they projected to be drafted & where did they go to.school?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Agreed he has a couple real good games and disappears. he's banking on hitting it big in miami which he may very well do.

Bottom line he underacheived for a 1st rd. TE
    He can run block okay, but sucks with a blitzer. We had a TE, a HB, and a FB that couldn't pass protect. Teams constantly blitzed. One way to take a TE out of the game is to blitz him. If they can't make you pay for it they continue to do it, and he essentially disappears.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    As much as I like Keller he isn't going to see a lot of game time this year. Miami drafted a TE last year named Egnew in the 3rd who ranked out really high. Keller will be a fall back plan IMO. Good hands but can't block worth of damn. Given they lost the core of their O (Bush, Long, and Fassano) they will need a good blocker or their young QB is going to get killed. Next year Martin, Miller, and Egnew will all be ready. This year I'm not expecting much.
    Stop. Egnew was awful last year. They paid keller 4 million dollars to be the starter this year. I mean, come on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Stop. Egnew was awful last year. They paid keller 4 million dollars to be the starter this year. I mean, come on.
    Agreed he's not being paid $4 million to backup a guy w/a funny name! Let's hope we draft one of these 6"6 guys

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players...530/fred-davis

27, good size, played @ bigtime college & rarely thrown to.

Downside coming off injury & likely to.end up.w/browns or skins

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Any news on how USC TEs have faired in nfl? Wr, rb & defensive players have had some success

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Any news on how USC TEs have faired in nfl? Wr, rb & defensive players have had some success

Fred Davis is from USC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Fred Davis is from USC.
    Yes, I know that's why I brought it thanks.