Thread: Patterson in Rd 1 vs. Gardner in Rd 7

Patterson in Rd 1 vs. Gardner in Rd 7

Jets will workout Courtney Gardner. I know what many are thinking, Courtney who? Well Gardner was the 2nd best JUCO WR prospect behind Tanny's favorite Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson and Gardner are similar in size; Gardner is 6-2ish 215+. They have similar game breaking speed; Gardner runs the 100 meters in 10.7 seconds and the 40 yards dash in 4.34 reportedly. They both have JUCO highlight tapes where they look like men against boys. Both were pursued by a number of big name schools; Patterson settled on Tennessee while Gardner on Oklohoma. This is where the comparisons end. Unlike Patterson, Gardner could not get his grades up enough to close the D1 deal. Gardner also could not keep his nose clean; he had a couple off the field issues. All in all he is a big time sleeper especially when you consider what Patterson was able to do in just 1 year at Tennessee. And I just love the fact that Idzik and company are looking under every rock.

January 29th
    - The name making the rounds in the scouting community as one of the biggest sleepers at the receiver position is Courtney Gardner of Sierra College. The 6-foot, 3-inch/220lb pass catcher was expected to play for Oklahoma in 2013 but opted for the NFL draft after academic “difficulties”. We hear scouts have been raving about the physical skills Gardner brings to the field. Besides his large frame the big pass catcher also has the speed (10.7 sec in the 100 meters) to match. Even college coaches in the area are awed by his ability on the field but focusing at the task at hand seems to be an issue.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6730

this is how it will go..............

Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    Jets will workout Courtney Gardner. I know what many are thinking, Courtney who? Well Gardner was the 2nd best JUCO WR prospect behind Tanny's favorite Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson and Gardner are similar in size; Gardner is 6-2ish 215+. They have similar game breaking speed; Gardner runs the 100 meters in 10.7 seconds and the 40 yards dash in 4.34 reportedly. They both have JUCO highlight tapes where they look like men against boys. Both were pursued by a number of big name schools; Patterson settled on Tennessee while Gardner on Oklohoma. This is where the comparisons end. Unlike Patterson, Gardner could not get his grades up enough to close the D1 deal. Gardner also could not keep his nose clean; he had a couple off the field issues. All in all he is a big time sleeper especially when you consider what Patterson was able to do in just 1 year at Tennessee. And I just love the fact that Idzik and company are looking under every rock.
    1st de/olb
    2nd te
    3rd safety
    4th ol
    5th rb/lb
    6th lb/rb
    7th ol.....................barring any trades, somebody book this.
    this is a strong draft for dl, wr, ol, and te's, next years draft will have a bevy of qb's and that kid from south Carolina............

Unless it is Allen I'll pass on WR. QB, OLB, or S in the 1st thank you.

@gregcosell: Patterson must more explosive with ball in hands than as route runner. Needs a lot of refinement running routes. Needs quality WR coach.