Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Players Released Fans THOUGHT Would Be Good Elsewhere But....

I'd list Cotchery and Leon, but they did good things for Pittsburgh and Seattle, so I'll go with Edwards, and it's funny because now after the last two years I don't want any part of him coming back to this organization. None.

Another player, from yesteryear, would be Quincy Carter. Oofa.

All League
    Dwayne Crutchfield

Look it up b**ches.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'd list Cotchery and Leon, but they did good things for Pittsburgh and Seattle, so I'll go with Edwards, and it's funny because now after the last two years I don't want any part of him coming back to this organization. None.

Another player, from yesteryear, would be Quincy Carter. Oofa.
    I'm with you on crocodile arms Edwards, don't really want him back unless minimum contract. Also, did not want to lose Cotch.

all the obvious ones have been said.

My biggest one was LaMont Jordan though, if he had gone anywhere else but Oakland he may have had a better career. He had some clutch moments with the Jets, a great player for us.

Kerry Rhodes, although traded, thought he would would have had a great career. While he is still a solid safety, he never really lived up to the hype.

Here's a couple of players I wish we never released that weren't discussed yet,

Kareem Mckenzie and Jason Fabini. Losing Fabini that year crushed our offensive line and really damaged us.

Mckenzie was a great tackle and was very upset to lose him.

Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    Justin Miller
    the guy was an awful corner, but a hell of a returner. I never really expected anything from him.

Veteran

Arrow

Alan Faneca & Thomas Jones. Both players were let go at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    (Inspired by the Keller loss)
    Name Jets players that Jets Fans were upset about losing because they thought they'd be great elsewhere but wound up sucking on their new team:

Lamont Jordan
    Jordan was better then I thought he'd be until he was injured. Yeah short time but he look great for a few games. Just never came back right.

Abe
    Glenn
    Santana Moss
    Vilma
    Mawae
    Leon
    Dwight Lowery

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Alan Faneca & Thomas Jones. Both players were let go at the right time.
    Faneca maybe one more year would have been nice, but yeah i suppose. However, 100 percent disagree on Jones. We needed Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Jordan was better then I thought he'd be until he was injured. Yeah short time but he look great for a few games. Just never came back right.

Abe
    Glenn
    Santana Moss
    Vilma
    Mawae
    Leon
    Dwight Lowery
    IDK what you're smoking, but all those players I made bold are/were either awesome, great, or good.

Mawae was a good idea not resigning because we had Mangold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He's one of the better scouts out there, he just never had any business operating as a GM.
    I hear that from many....what happened? Vlad says hello.

Veteran

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by N Y J View Post
    Faneca maybe one more year would have been nice, but yeah i suppose. However, 100 percent disagree on Jones. We needed Jones.
    What did Jones do in KC??? We got rid of him at just the right time. He did nothing for them. LT came in and had more speed and much better hands. But I loved TJ when he was here.

IDK what you're smoking, but all those players I made bold are/were either awesome, great, or good.

Mawae was a good idea not resigning because we had Mangold.
    Just naming guys I thought would be good after they let. None of the guys I can think of really busted except Leon. Mawae made probowl the year he left and Glenn had like 4 very good years after he left BTW. He was Houstons best player for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    What did Jones do in KC??? We got rid of him at just the right time. He did nothing for them. LT came in and had more speed and much better hands. But I loved TJ when he was here.
    Jones shared caries with a young budding rb in Charles and was still effective. If he was the feature back he would had another 1,200 yard season most likely. LT was great addition but pair him with Jones instead of Greene you have a great tandem. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and we let go of Jones because Greene was supposed to take over, but hey it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Just naming guys I thought would be good after they let. None of the guys I can think of really busted except Leon. Mawae made probowl the year he left and Glenn had like 4 very good years after he left BTW. He was Houstons best player for a few years.

Ahhh I see I misinterpreted it. Yeah Glenn was pretty good but only for those 2 or 3 years with the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    James Harrison.
    i think u mean farrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Keyshawn Johnson....yes he was good but was he worth two first rounders to Tampa?
    Was a piece of the puzzle that got them a Superbowl ring. Not the only reason but his 1,000 yards helped. Good playoffs and had a few in the bowl.

All Pro
    Dustin Keller

Book it!!!!

i think u mean farrior?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Dustin Keller

Book it!!!!
    he's a mismatched nightmare...that's what the pundits say

Drew Stanton lol.. Would have been our starting qb after bye week and we probably make the playoffs.. Not because he was that good, we would have made the playoffs with just about anyone other than Sanchez at qb..