Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 124

Thread: Antwan Barnes signs with the Jets

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    I'm no draft expert but on limited viewing he's incredibly fluid and runs easily both upfield and laterally.Pursues all over the field and drops into coverage really comfortably.Despite his size I think he'll be as good as or possibly better against the run than any OLB we've had since Abe as he gets to the ball carrier and both hits hard but wraps up.I think he could be a great tackler and I don't see him missing many tackles.

    Some think he is inconsistent and disappeared in some games while beasting in others and his sack numbers don't jump out like Jones or Moore but if he's dropping into coverage 30 or 40% more of the time then those guys then he might actually be underrated as a pass rusher...I would love him at 9
    I appreciate the cantor, but I got no idea where you got "fluid" from. As a DE? sure, he's got some wiggle. He doesn't play or resemble a OLB in a lot other measures..

    see here
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=254085&page=6

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Nice player, certainly has the speed the team lacked last year at the position.
    the key word speed..new gm seems to really understand this is what has been lacking w this team for years..i,e, goodson..barnes..interest in dhb..all points towards speed!!!! good to see!!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    the key word speed..new gm seems to really understand this is what has been lacking w this team for years..i,e, goodson..barnes..interest in dhb..all points towards speed!!!! good to see!!
    what are we, the Raiders?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    what are we, the Raiders?
    A little different taking a flier on a FA with tons of speed versus wasting a top 10 pick on a player with speed and a shaky college background.

  5. #65
    @RichCimini: Jets re-sign Purdum, long snapper: The Jets filled a hole in their roster by re-signing long snapper Tann... http://t.co/NEf1BRaWN5 #nyj

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting another two lol.
    Ricky Sapp will get 1 more chance to show something.

    An OLB will be drafted. Hopefully high!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I appreciate the cantor, but I got no idea where you got "fluid" from. As a DE? sure, he's got some wiggle. He doesn't play or resemble a OLB in a lot other measures..

    see here
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=254085&page=6
    You don't think Jordan can play OLB?...you don't see a fluid or rangy athlete?

    We'll have to agree to disagree but I think his fluidity and movement are his strength

    You didn't think I'm talking about Ansah did you?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I hope folks caught this!!!!!

    Those who said Idzik is doing what Tanny would do are flat out WRONG!!!!
    CB, it's week 1 of FA. Go back and review the past few yrs. The Jets haven't been signing big "splash" FAs.

    They signed Bart. They traded for Cro. But they haven't been doing these "splash" signings since Faneca/Woody.

    Landry, Bell, Schillens and Stanton were all 1 yr deals too. Stanton wasn't a "splash" signing.

    The only "splash" move was Tebow and we all know that was a stupid disaster!

    We all know the Holmes trade (5th round) was later in the offseason (April?). Braylon was Oct. Kris Jenkins was spring 2008 and Favre was August 2008.

    This isn't an anti-Idzik post just stating facts. Don't listen to the media. They are wrong, again

  9. #69
    like the signing addresses a glaring need. instant improvement over pace.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    You don't think Jordan can play OLB?...you don't see a fluid or rangy athlete?

    We'll have to agree to disagree but I think his fluidity and movement are his strength

    You didn't think I'm talking about Ansah did you?
    Sorry dude, I swear to god I thought I read Ansah's name in there somewhere - which is why I was like whaaa?

    My bad.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    soooo..... did we sign this guy or not...?

  12. #72
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    So, what's the story with Barnes? Is the dude signed or not?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sorry dude, I swear to god I thought I read Ansah's name in there somewhere - which is why I was like whaaa?

    My bad.

    LOL no worries fella.It's all good

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    last "new" info I've seen, crasher, is him saying that the deal wasn't done. nothing since.

  15. #75
    Jets signed OLB Antwan Barnes, formerly of the Chargers.
    28-year-old Barnes is a situational defender and special teamer, but he has 14 sacks over the past two seasons and gives the Jets much-needed juice as an edge pass rusher in sub-packages. Considering the Jets' lack of outside-edge rushers, it's not out of the question that Barnes will get a legitimate chance to start. He began his career playing in Rex Ryan's Baltimore defenses.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Jets signed OLB Antwan Barnes, formerly of the Chargers.
    28-year-old Barnes is a situational defender and special teamer, but he has 14 sacks over the past two seasons and gives the Jets much-needed juice as an edge pass rusher in sub-packages. Considering the Jets' lack of outside-edge rushers, it's not out of the question that Barnes will get a legitimate chance to start. He began his career playing in Rex Ryan's Baltimore defenses.
    is that the rotoworld feed? if so, it's not the latest info.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    is that the rotoworld feed? if so, it's not the latest info.
    yea rotoworld.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,211
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    CB, it's week 1 of FA. Go back and review the past few yrs. The Jets haven't been signing big "splash" FAs.

    They signed Bart. They traded for Cro. But they haven't been doing these "splash" signings since Faneca/Woody.

    Landry, Bell, Schillens and Stanton were all 1 yr deals too. Stanton wasn't a "splash" signing.

    The only "splash" move was Tebow and we all know that was a stupid disaster!

    We all know the Holmes trade (5th round) was later in the offseason (April?). Braylon was Oct. Kris Jenkins was spring 2008 and Favre was August 2008.

    This isn't an anti-Idzik post just stating facts. Don't listen to the media. They are wrong, again
    So they didn't make any splash moves. Except for, when they did.

  19. #79
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    is that the rotoworld feed? if so, it's not the latest info.
    Yeah, I wouldn't go by any report now that doesn't specifically mention the contract snafu and that its been resolved.

    Considering that was a number of hours ago, I half expect this deal to fall through.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't go by any report now that doesn't specifically mention the contract snafu and that its been resolved.

    Considering that was a number of hours ago, I half expect this deal to fall through.
    I don't because Barnes would look like a complete idiot by tweeting that he was a Jet before backtracking.

    Also I think we would have heard by now if the deal fell through

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us