Thread: Just some speculation about the Ravens

Just some speculation about the Ravens

Alabama athletic director Mal Moore retired today. I can totally see former Tide player and Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome taking that job. Ozzie protege Eric DeCosta becomes Ravens GM very soon.

Mark it down!

Jets Insider VIP
    Okay.

@RavensInsider: Despite Ozzie Newsome being mentioned for Alabama AD vacancy, no one I've spoken with thinks he's leaving the Ravens. He loves his job.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The only thing similar between being an NFL GM and a major university AD is that they both involve sports.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The only thing similar between being an NFL GM and a major university AD is that they both involve sports.
    Not saying your wrong but Bobby V just became AD at Sacred Heart and his qualifications are less than Newsomes.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Not saying your wrong but Bobby V just became AD at Sacred Heart and his qualifications are less than Newsomes.
    C'mon crash. That's just as silly a comparison. The difference between Sacred Heart and ALABAMA is also night and day.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RavensInsider: Despite Ozzie Newsome being mentioned for Alabama AD vacancy, no one I've spoken with thinks he's leaving the Ravens. He loves his job.
    Which is why I have no idea why DeCosta has stood loyal for so long. Ozzie will die before he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And I read he will also be doing some tv work as well...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Which is why I have no idea why DeCosta has stood loyal for so long. Ozzie will die before he retires.
    Well both Ozzie and Saban worked under BB in Cleveland so they know each other. I think he may be the first Black AD in the SEC so breaking that barrier might appeal to him.