Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody see/hear Kraft at the NFL meetings

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I dunno - it don't think its unreasonable to say that Pat fans are upset with Welker leaving. Most Pat fans on here (I thought you as well, but I could be misremembering) were upset with him leaving.

And while talk radio is certainly sensationalized, it does, somewhat, have a pulse on what fans are talking/concerned about.

Its not the end of the world and the Pats found his replacement, but the fact that the Pats lost Welker and Brady is throwing to a completely new WR corp is not insignificant.
    They might be upset for now but when the Past win the AFCE and get into the playoffs they'll kiss BB ass again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't think Welker fans are that upset about how the way it was handled...The rush to defend Kraft is because he is right. You just said that the fanbase was upset and then you question Why Kraft felt the need to address the issue- think about it.
    Alright dude, you're right. Pats fans all felt like you, and were jumping for joy when Welker wasn't re-signed. Is that what you want to hear?

Clearly you're not being objective here if you keep denying that pats fans weren't upset.

My post was to call out how pathetic Kraft looked having to explain himself and his spending to his fans. And on top of that, he contradicts himself, disses his star QB, attempts to assume what Denver will do in the future with Wes, and slights Welker and his agents...all in the process of spinning what happened simply to appease his fan base...because a not upset fan base (according to you) needs to be addressed and appeased.

Anyway, I'm done saying the same thing over and over again in this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    First the MHK was Wilforks idea and not the team's management. And most dying people do want the living to go on living. My mother died of cancer and one of the things that hurt her so much was that the family 'quit living" for the five years that she suffered with her terminal illness. I was just a child but i remember her telling my older brothers and sister to go out with their girlfriends and boyfriends.

It was in bad taste, and as most fans believe he developed a drinking problem during his wife's illness, with his wife's passing I think it may have gotten worse. Most fans i think understood the issue and cut him some slack.
    Even the Boston media did which can be ruthless in events such as those.
    Nobody is saying that he has to live alone and mourn his wife for the rest of his life. I am sure that she wants to him to be happy and I am sure he loved his wife. But there is a way to go about things and do it respectfully. Especially when you have been selling yourself as a class act for the past 20 years.

If he has a drinking problem then he should get help. His children should help him rather than watch him go into a bit of a tailspin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Oh, excuse me. A 70+ year old man with a 32 year old woman!!!! Again, creepy. The scum bag couldn't wait for his late wife of almost 50 years to be dead and buried before he started banging this young gold digger (probably began before ole Myra was dead). Please, he is a billionaire owner of a NFL team. I hardly think he is lonely.

Also, for a diehard Pats fan, you need to get your facts correct; or maybe you are a liar? According to wikipedia, Myra Kraft died on July 20, 2011 -- as I said 1/2 years ago. So how has it been longer?
    I don't get this. Kraft dates some young thing and he's scum. Rex makes foot videos and posts on alt.com and he's "a great coach". I'm not judging either but there seems to be some inconsistency there.

As far as the age difference goes, my mother is 25 years younger than my father and they've been faithfully married for almost 50 years. I'd put that up against most marriages.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Talk about a crummy accusation. Kraft's wife died in July '11. How long should he have waited to have a relationship so that it meets your approval?
    Are you really that naive? There have been whispers that he was banging that broad before Myra died. The guy is a phony

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Are you really that naive? There have been whispers that he was banging that broad before Myra died. The guy is a phony
    He doesn't answer to Brady or Myra when she was around.. BB was a bad influence on Krafty marriage wise..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Alright dude, you're right. Pats fans all felt like you, and were jumping for joy when Welker wasn't re-signed. Is that what you want to hear?

Clearly you're not being objective here if you keep denying that pats fans weren't upset.

My post was to call out how pathetic Kraft looked having to explain himself and his spending to his fans. And on top of that, he contradicts himself, disses his star QB, attempts to assume what Denver will do in the future with Wes, and slights Welker and his agents...all in the process of spinning what happened simply to appease his fan base...because a not upset fan base (according to you) needs to be addressed and appeased.

Anyway, I'm done saying the same thing over and over again in this thread.
    I am not saying the pat fans are not upset, but they are getting over it based on the facts came to light. Patriot fans were lived when Dunn said that the pats woud not go up 2mill in gurantees over two years to keep Welker. He made it sound like if the pats went to 12 mill he never would have shopped welker. This is a case when BB not talking to the media hurts his side.

Dunn did not want 2 and 12 from the pats, he wanted 3 and 24. The pats offered him 2 and 16 last year. fully guaranteed. He took the 9 tag and now he has 4 more from Denver. so Dunn lost him 3mill. No spin.

He didn't dis his qb- he doesn't take orders from his QB or BB- he writes the checks. He has the billion dollar company not a jock that throws a football. Both Brady and kraft respect each other for what each other does, Brady being a qb and kraft being a businessman.

I did not jump for joy when welker was let go. I did not jump for joy when Milloy, Law, Samuel, Seymour, Washington, Traylor, Branch, Givens or any of them left. I was dissapointed and even kind of hurt (considering these guys would pass over my obituary without a notice makes it kind of sad)

It is not pathetic for Kraft to explain why one of the most popular players on the team is no longer there, why would you even think that it could ever be construed that way?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nobody is saying that he has to live alone and mourn his wife for the rest of his life. I am sure that she wants to him to be happy and I am sure he loved his wife. But there is a way to go about things and do it respectfully. Especially when you have been selling yourself as a class act for the past 20 years.

If he has a drinking problem then he should get help. His children should help him rather than watch him go into a bit of a tailspin.
    What do you mean he was selling himsef as a class act? he tried to have the organization be perceived as a class organization. Billionaires are not concerned
    if people find them "classy"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    he doesn't take orders from his QB or BB- he writes the checks.
    ^this is why he also doesn't need to address his fans. Yet he did, and failed miserably in the process. You may not think so, just as you may not think most of his fan base wasn't upset with the way the Welker situation went down. But that's just you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    ^this is why he also doesn't need to address his fans. Yet he did, and failed miserably in the process. You may not think so, just as you may not think most of his fan base wasn't upset with the way the Welker situation went down. But that's just you.
    How did he fail?

1. Fans know now Welker wanted 3 and 24 and not 2 and 12.
    2. Fans now know that Amendola and the pats had an agreement before Welker signed with the Broncos
    3. Fans now know that Welker got less guaranteed than what the pats offered him twice, before, once last year and once last week.
    4. he said that Welker was the#1 choice and Amendela was #2
    5. Some Fans are upset that he is not on the team- he was one of the most popular players, but fans were upset when all the other players I mentioned left town also. But a lot of those fans over the last few days now are coming to the realization thatthe pats offer to Welker of 2 and 10 fully guaranteed + incentives is better than what Welker ended up signing for in Denver.
    6. Kraft spoke to the fans because although you don't make decisions based on fan's feelings (the old act like one, you will sit with them) they have the right to be shown the courtesy of an explanation.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did he fail?

1. Fans know now Welker wanted 3 and 24 and not 2 and 12.
    2. Fans now know that Amendola and the pats had an agreement before Welker signed with the Broncos
    3. Fans now know that Welker got less guaranteed than what the pats offered him twice, before, once last year and once last week.
    4. he said that Welker was the#1 choice and Amendela was #2
    5. Some Fans are upset that he is not on the team- he was one of the most popular players, but fans were upset when all the other players I mentioned left town also. But a lot of those fans over the last few days now are coming to the realization thatthe pats offer to Welker of 2 and 10 fully guaranteed + incentives is better than what Welker ended up signing for in Denver.
    6. Kraft spoke to the fans because although you don't make decisions based on fan's feelings (the old act like one, you will sit with them) they have the right to be shown the courtesy of an explanation.
    Regardless of the he said she said, it's a PR train wreck for Bobby Kraft. And there's one thing I know from being a Jets fan and that's a PR Train Wreck!

Frankly IMHO, I don't think they really wanted him back, but are trying to make it look like they did to save face with Pats* fans. They should've just said their offense is going in a different direction b/c doing it the "Wes Welker Way" didn't get them any Super Bowl wins.
    Last edited by chesapeakejet; 03-19-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Regardless of the he said she said, it's a PR train wreck for Bobby Kraft. And there's one thing I know from being a Jets fan and that's PR Train Wreck!

Frankly IMHO, I don't think they really wanted him back, but are trying to make it look like they did to save face with Pats* fans. They should've just said their offense is going in a different direction b/c doing it the "Wes Welker Way" didn't get them any Super Bowl wins.
    When your team is a Superbowl contender year in and year out you don't need to save face from any fan. The team that should save face from their fans is the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of the he said she said, it's a PR train wreck for Bobby Kraft. And there's one thing I know from being a Jets fan and that's PR Train Wreck!

It is not no more of a pr train wreck than the Molloy, Law, Seymour, Samuel, Branch or any other time BB let a player go. Every time a fan favorite goes, this **** happens. I root for the laundry not players, I was a fan of this team before Brady was born and I will be a fan of this team when he is gone too.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ummmm...Do you know what year is it? Check your math doofus.

I hope to god that if am lucky enough to be functioning at 70 and am single, I am banging a 32 year old.
    Pretty sure at 70 you'll still be the same loser living on message boards, so you don't have to worry about any 32 year old looking your way.

Go get a life first and perhaps a female will one day follow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Pretty sure at 70 you'll still be the same loser living on message boards, so you don't have to worry about any 32 year old looking your way.

Go get a life first and perhaps a female will one day follow.
    Like a female lamb?? That way you could tell FF2 to F-ewe and he could...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I don't get this. Kraft dates some young thing and he's scum. Rex makes foot videos and posts on alt.com and he's "a great coach". I'm not judging either but there seems to be some inconsistency there.

As far as the age difference goes, my mother is 25 years younger than my father and they've been faithfully married for almost 50 years. I'd put that up against most marriages.
    Ok, I can't let this one go. Do the math. How old is your dad? 90? That would mean he got married at 40 and your mom being 25 years younger was 15.

So what part of West Virginia are ya' from? j/k

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    When your team is a Superbowl contender year in and year out you don't need to save face from any fan. The team that should save face from their fans is the Jets.
    You sir are wrong. You have to admit Pats* fans have been spoiled for years because of the team's success. You expect to make the playoffs every year. You expect to be in the Conference Championship every year. When that doesn't happen, there are grumblings among the masses. If you don't win the SB, you may as well have been 0-16.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not no more of a pr train wreck than the Molloy, Law, Seymour, Samuel, Branch or any other time BB let a player go. Every time a fan favorite goes, this **** happens. I root for the laundry not players, I was a fan of this team before Brady was born and I will be a fan of this team when he is gone too.
    I think you may be the exception rather than the rule. Our resident Chowd talk show guy isn't happy and says his fellow Pats* fans in Bahston aren't happy about it either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I can't let this one go. Do the math. How old is your dad? 90? That would mean he got married at 40 and your mom being 25 years younger was 15.

So what part of West Virginia are ya' from? j/k
    When I was in the topless Biz I went out with late teen early twenty types all the time and I was late 40's..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When I was in the topless Biz I went out with late teen early twenty types all the time and I was late 40's..
    Yes but you were filling the daddy void for them. So you were basically doing a good deed.