Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 130

Thread: Anybody see/hear Kraft at the NFL meetings

  1. #81
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like how the Pats front office is now playing it off saying that Welker chose to go to Denver to play for much less money, and less years guaranteed. They are literally saying that Welker turned down $10 mil a year to play in Denver for $6mil, 1 year. At least this is what Gannon was saying on NFL Radio this morning. Gannon said that he wasnt buying it, and it's a way the Pats are trying to justify losing a fan favorite to the fans.

  2. #82
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When I was in the topless Biz I went out with late teen early twenty types all the time and I was late 40's..
    So how long have you been registered?

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Ok, I can't let this one go. Do the math. How old is your dad? 90? That would mean he got married at 40 and your mom being 25 years younger was 15.

    So what part of West Virginia are ya' from? j/k
    LOL. I was wondering the exact same thing.

    I suspect that dad is pushing 100, not 90, but who knows?

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    So how long have you been registered?
    It's not illegal Ches over 18 is not jail bait..

  5. #85
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It's not illegal Ches over 18 is not jail bait..
    Yeah you and LT.

  6. #86
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You sir are wrong. You have to admit Pats* fans have been spoiled for years because of the team's success. You expect to make the playoffs every year. You expect to be in the Conference Championship every year. When that doesn't happen, there are grumblings among the masses. If you don't win the SB, you may as well have been 0-16.
    That is true, which is why it shouldn't be surprising that patman isn't (by a long shot) the only pats fan who isn't too worked up over the Welker departure. After all, the Pats didn't win a single Super Bowl during his tenure and the offense's general inability to break 17 points and Welker's own inability to make the big play were a big part of that.

  7. #87
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    That is true, which is why it shouldn't be surprising that patman isn't (by a long shot) the only pats fan who isn't too worked up over the Welker departure. After all, the Pats didn't win a single Super Bowl during his tenure and the offense's general inability to break 17 points and Welker's own inability to make the big play were a big part of that.
    But if all Pats* fans felt this way, there wouldn't be a public outcry about Welker's departure.

  8. #88
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Yeah you and LT.
    Yeah and if you had a shot at Kate Upton Marks old squeeze you would turn it down??


  9. #89
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yeah and if you had a shot at Kate Upton Marks old squeeze you would turn it down??
    No comment, I'm not the one on trial here, you are! lololol

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    But if all Pats* fans felt this way, there wouldn't be a public outcry about Welker's departure.
    Not all -- there are enough fans who are truly outraged to keep the talk shows busy. But there are many, many, others who are not.

  11. #91
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    No comment, I'm not the one on trial here, you are! lololol
    No I have been vindicated you have been charged with perjury..

  12. #92
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    No I have been vindicated you have been charged with perjury..
    lol......... I must admit, I've fooled around with a 14 year old, but I was 15 at the time. lol

  13. #93
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Not all -- there are enough fans who are truly outraged to keep the talk shows busy. But there are many, many, others who are not.
    Every year this happens in the NFL. A big name goes, and they kind of disappear once the season gets going. It's going to be interesting.

  14. #94
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I think you may be the exception rather than the rule. Our resident Chowd talk show guy isn't happy and says his fellow Pats* fans in Bahston aren't happy about it either.
    I am not happy by any means that he is not a patriot. "No one" is happy that Welker left, probably 10% of the fans may blame him for dropping a ball but there are nut cases in every group.

    And at first fans were livid, but as more and more is known about the negotiations fans understand what occurred. They may not be happy that Welker moved on and wished he was still on the team, but most no longer blame the Patriots as the reason he is no longer on the team.

    Do the patriots take a hard line- yeah but what if Welker got multiple offers and in the meantime Amendola signed. Then the team has neither or has to pay Welker more than the value that they placed on him. In 2-3 years Wilfork and Mankins will be cut too, that is just the way thing are done.

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I like how the Pats front office is now playing it off saying that Welker chose to go to Denver to play for much less money, and less years guaranteed. They are literally saying that Welker turned down $10 mil a year to play in Denver for $6mil, 1 year. At least this is what Gannon was saying on NFL Radio this morning. Gannon said that he wasnt buying it, and it's a way the Pats are trying to justify losing a fan favorite to the fans.
    not 10 million a year, but 10 over two years. All of which is guaranteed. There was also incentives that would allow him to make 6 mill more.

    Denver offer was 2 years and 12 million total. 4 mill the first year fully guaranteed and 8 mill the 2nd year which is fully guaranteed if he is on the roster the first day of the 2014 league year. if they cut him rather than pay him the 8 mill, tuff luck for Welker.

  16. #96
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I am not happy by any means that he is not a patriot. "No one" is happy that Welker left, probably 10% of the fans may blame him for dropping a ball but there are nut cases in every group.

    And at first fans were livid, but as more and more is known about the negotiations fans understand what occurred. They may not be happy that Welker moved on and wished he was still on the team, but most no longer blame the Patriots as the reason he is no longer on the team.

    Do the patriots take a hard line- yeah but what if Welker got multiple offers and in the meantime Amendola signed. Then the team has neither or has to pay Welker more than the value that they placed on him. In 2-3 years Wilfork and Mankins will be cut too, that is just the way thing are done.

    I'll take welker's agents word over kraft.. Welker didnt want to leave his bf..

    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ke-leave-offer

  17. #97
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    How did he fail?

    1. Fans know now Welker wanted 3 and 24 and not 2 and 12.
    2. Fans now know that Amendola and the pats had an agreement before Welker signed with the Broncos
    3. Fans now know that Welker got less guaranteed than what the pats offered him twice, before, once last year and once last week.
    4. he said that Welker was the#1 choice and Amendela was #2
    5. Some Fans are upset that he is not on the team- he was one of the most popular players, but fans were upset when all the other players I mentioned left town also. But a lot of those fans over the last few days now are coming to the realization thatthe pats offer to Welker of 2 and 10 fully guaranteed + incentives is better than what Welker ended up signing for in Denver.
    6. Kraft spoke to the fans because although you don't make decisions based on fan's feelings (the old act like one, you will sit with them) they have the right to be shown the courtesy of an explanation.
    So you're taking Kraft's word on numbers 1 - 3, despite the previous evidence to the contrary. The Welker signing was announced hours before the Amendola signing, and again, every article I've seen described Welker's deal with the Broncos as all guaranteed money. The only contradicting statement has been from Kraft's damage control rant.

  18. #98
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Not all -- there are enough fans who are truly outraged to keep the talk shows busy. But there are many, many, others who are not.
    Yeah, but this is coming from you - the guy who says that Welker is a modern day Wade Boggs. And to say that after all that Wade did for you....he led you to that World Series victory in 86'.....

    Wait a minute

  19. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    not 10 million a year, but 10 over two years. All of which is guaranteed. There was also incentives that would allow him to make 6 mill more.

    Denver offer was 2 years and 12 million total. 4 mill the first year fully guaranteed and 8 mill the 2nd year which is fully guaranteed if he is on the roster the first day of the 2014 league year. if they cut him rather than pay him the 8 mill, tuff luck for Welker.
    um welker offered the same deal to the pats for them to match-they said no-everything else is smoke

    Pats owner is a scumbag not the nice/moral guy he tries to act like-he has shown no player loyalty to anybody but brady-him publicly attacking welker shows no class as well

  20. #100
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    So you're taking Kraft's word on numbers 1 - 3, despite the previous evidence to the contrary. The Welker signing was announced hours before the Amendola signing, and again, every article I've seen described Welker's deal with the Broncos as all guaranteed money. The only contradicting statement has been from Kraft's damage control rant.
    This is pretty much been what I've taken from the reports.

    Not saying its 100% right, but to blindly follow Kraft's take on the situation (assuming he even knew the details) is somewhat puzzling.

    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    Pats owner is a scumbag not the nice/moral guy he tries to act like-he has shown no player loyalty to anybody but brady-him publicly attacking welker shows no class as well
    I'd say that this is a little over the top. All things equal, I'd much rather have Kraft as an owner than Woody. JMO, he's spinning (somewhat unsuccessfully), not attacking Welker. Clearly there were some resentment going both ways in this relationship.
    Last edited by crasherino; 03-19-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us