All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'll take Kraft over Woody.
    Gross.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Welker wanted 20 million guaranteed and around 30 million over 3 years. The Pats offered 10 over two guaranteed and 16 over two years if he met reasonable incentives. Welker would also get 8 million of the 10 during the first year of the Pats contract.

Denver offered 2 years 12 million. Straight 6 million a year, none guaranteed. They can cut him in camp.

If you think Denver's deal was better, thank God you don't work for me.
    Has anyone other than Kraft said that Denver's offer to Welker was not guaranteed? I haven't spent all night looking, but every article I found says that it was in fact guaranteed -- like this one:

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ciK/story.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    I also saw his face and did some research.

He supposedly had pre melanoma on his face and had to have it removed before it became cancerous.
    The guy looks like he's unhinged. Hope he doesn't turn zombie like Al Davis RIP

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kraft you either offered a worse deal than the Broncos did or your offer was better and Welker still chose to leave the Patriots for less money elsewhere

It's really that simple......Spare us all the other BS please

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been longer than that and she's 32.

Life goes on.

I hope you never lose anyone close.
    Oh, excuse me. A 70+ year old man with a 32 year old woman!!!! Again, creepy. The scum bag couldn't wait for his late wife of almost 50 years to be dead and buried before he started banging this young gold digger (probably began before ole Myra was dead). Please, he is a billionaire owner of a NFL team. I hardly think he is lonely.

Also, for a diehard Pats fan, you need to get your facts correct; or maybe you are a liar? According to wikipedia, Myra Kraft died on July 20, 2011 -- as I said 1/2 years ago. So how has it been longer?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That human being owns the majority of one of the most EVIL Corporations on the planet. FACT.
    I hope he gets every bit of what he's given to BILLIONS of people and is force-fed his own medicine.

I have ZERO sympathy for a person who is behind the disgusting things he's brought on this globe.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yikes. I hope he is alright.

He didn't sound too good either.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    then you are in the minority bro....my father in law lives in boston and i speak to him regularly....he tells me the fans are beyong livid...it's all over the sports radio in chowd land....top that with the fact that their wr corp is quite suspect does not make things any better.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He didn't piss me off, The team made a business decision. Welker wanted 3 and 24 from the pats, the pats offered 2 and 10 with another 6 in incentives, Welker and the pats both went shopping, The pats found thier guy first.

Would I love to have seen Welker, sure, but I understand the team not wanting to meet the 3 and 24 that Welker and the agent sought. The pats had to protect themseleves in case BB did misjudge the market and Welker was able to get 3 and 24, It turns out BB did not misjudge the market and Welker moved on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Oh, excuse me. A 70+ year old man with a 32 year old woman!!!! Again, creepy. The scum bag couldn't wait for his late wife of almost 50 years to be dead and buried before he started banging this young gold digger (probably began before ole Myra was dead). Please, he is a billionaire owner of a NFL team. I hardly think he is lonely.

Also, for a diehard Pats fan, you need to get your facts correct; or maybe you are a liar? According to wikipedia, Myra Kraft died on July 20, 2011 -- as I said 1/2 years ago. So how has it been longer?
    Hugh Hefner is pretty creepy isn't he?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    32 years old makes her an ADULT.....he is banging a 32 year old after his wife died....thats his friggin perogative...its his life...we can harp on football, but what Kraft does in his personal life means jack to me...I sure as heck won't bad mouth the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Hugh Hefner is pretty creepy isn't he?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Did you even read the article? Kraft himself said there was a gap he wasn't willing to match, and also said he understands Wes's agents worked to get him the best deal. Why you felt the need to rush to Krafts defense here is beyond me. He's clearly trying to spin what happened in order to appease his fan base.

Obviously you're not an entire fan base, and even more obviously, you know the vast majority, save for a few small groups of people, are very upset with the way the Welker situation was handled. Again, if you fancy yourself an objective, intelligent sports fan, why rush to defend Kraft here? This thread and my posts weren't about the Welker trade, they were about Kraft attempting to spin what happened, when nothing needed to be said in the first place. If he didn't want to pay him, that's his prerogative...it's his team. He seems small here, trying to explain himself.

Perfectly said.
    The gap was not between what Denver and the pats offered but between Dunn's and Welker's request for 3 and 24.

He understood That Dunn and Welker believed his market to be 3 and 24 and the Welker would be shopped.

I don't think Welker fans are that upset about how the way it was handled now that both sides of thestory are out, Fans were upset at first when they got Dunn's take that the Pats did not want to match the 2 and 12. Now that they know that they already reached an agreement with Amendola it is understandable why they would not match for Welker also. Dunn then says that Denver's deal was for 2 years and 12 mill fully guaranteed and said it was 6 and 6. Well it turns out the the first year of 4mill is fully guaranteed, and the 2nd year is fully guaranteed only if he is on the roster next league year. The pats offer was 2 and 10 fully guaranteed - plus 6 mill in incentives
    They are upset that he is no longer with the team. not with the way it went down.

BB covered his bases as well as he could be signing in his mind the next best guy Amendola- he could have been wrong the market could have been 3 and 24 and Welker could have left and Amendola could have signed elsewhere and he would have been left holding the bag.

The rush to defend Kraft is because he is right. You just said that the fanbase was upset and then you question Why Kraft felt the need to address the issue- think about it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You understand that it is 2013 and that in 4 months it will be 2 years. I think we found Bush's "One child left behind"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    then you are in the minority bro....my father in law lives in boston and i speak to him regularly....he tells me the fans are beyong livid...it's all over the sports radio in chowd land....top that with the fact that their wr corp is quite suspect does not make things any better.

Sports radio!!! You got to be kidding right. You believe talk radio is an accurate indicator of the pulse of the fanbase? You probably also feel that the print media
    is bulwark for the fans from the teams PR dept to get the true story in a non objective manner.

Talk radio up here consists of the same 50 callers calling every day about every topic. Each one is an expert in football, baseball, Hockey

But fans are concened about the wr corps.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm...Do you know what year is it? Check your math doofus.

I hope to god that if am lucky enough to be functioning at 70 and am single, I am banging a 32 year old.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to god that if am lucky enough to be functioning at 70 and am single, I am banging a 32 year old.
    I hope so too. But it is not so much what you do, rather how you do it. Parading around with a 30-something broad while his wife is still warm. After making everyone feel sorry for him and making himself look like this devoted husband. The whole "MHK" and dedicating the season and saying she was the one who wanted him to help get a deal done with the NFL rather than staying by her side. All of that was complete and utter BS.

Now, if you believe in such things, it looks like the universe is taking care of it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope so too. But it is not so much what you do, rather how you do it. Parading around with a 30-something broad while his wife is still warm. After making everyone feel sorry for him and making himself look like this devoted husband. The whole "MHK" and dedicating the season and saying she was the one who wanted him to help get a deal done with the NFL rather than staying by her side. All of that was complete and utter BS.

Now, if you believe in such things, it looks like the universe is taking care of it.
    I can trade bangin a younger babe for a few pre-cancerous lesions?

I'M IN!!!!!!!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

But in those pics, it looks like SHE's been banging him with a bag of nickels!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    +1

But in those pics, it looks like SHE's been banging him with a bag of nickels!
    Ches, I'm thinking when you are 70 you,ll be looking at pics of 95 year olds?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

First the MHK was Wilforks idea and not the team's management. And most dying people do want the living to go on living. My mother died of cancer and one of the things that hurt her so much was that the family 'quit living" for the five years that she suffered with her terminal illness. I was just a child but i remember her telling my older brothers and sister to go out with their girlfriends and boyfriends.

It was in bad taste, and as most fans believe he developed a drinking problem during his wife's illness, with his wife's passing I think it may have gotten worse. Most fans i think understood the issue and cut him some slack.
    Even the Boston media did which can be ruthless in events such as those.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Sports radio!!! You got to be kidding right. You believe talk radio is an accurate indicator of the pulse of the fanbase? You probably also feel that the print media
    is bulwark for the fans from the teams PR dept to get the true story in a non objective manner.

Talk radio up here consists of the same 50 callers calling every day about every topic. Each one is an expert in football, baseball, Hockey

But fans are concened about the wr corps.
    I dunno - it don't think its unreasonable to say that Pat fans are upset with Welker leaving. Most Pat fans on here (I thought you as well, but I could be misremembering) were upset with him leaving.

And while talk radio is certainly sensationalized, it does, somewhat, have a pulse on what fans are talking/concerned about.

Its not the end of the world and the Pats found his replacement, but the fact that the Pats lost Welker and Brady is throwing to a completely new WR corp is not insignificant.