I know the unofficial Mantra of the 2013 NYJ offseason:
1) Rebuilding Mode
2) Need more than one player
3) May be playing more 4-3
4) Rex likely gone after this year, so who knows if we even keep the 3-4 for 2014
But the Jets should at least kick the tires of Elvis Dumervill
1) Pricing for pass rushers have come down
2) Signing of Dumervill would allow Jets to allow Best Available Player at the every round of the draft
3) Dumervill would finally give the jets a 3-4 edge rusher they have not had since John Abraham. He led the NFL in sacks last time he played as an 3-4 OLB.
4) Finally, he has been playing out of position as 4-3 end, so he comes at a discount. Cap not an issue if the Jets are willing to guarantee Year 2, where they could potentially be $40 to $60 MM under the cap.
5) The fact that the Ravens and Steelers are looking at him indicates his value as a edge rusher.