Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: NFL announces compensatory picks for 2013 NFL Draft

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,143

    NFL announces compensatory picks for 2013 NFL Draft

    NFL announces compensatory picks for 2013 NFL Draft

    By Will Brinson | Senior Blogger
    March 18, 2013 8:57 pm ET

    PHOENIX -- The NFL announced on Monday from the 2013 NFL owners meetings that the league awarded 32 compensatory picks to 16 different clubs. These picks are given to teams losing more or better compensatory free agents than they acquires in the previous year.

    The Falcons and Ravens received the most compensatory picks, with four each, while the Texans, Chiefs and Titans each received the highest-possible pick, with an third-round selection each.

    The Texans, who lost Jason Allen, Mike Brisiel, Joel Dressen and Mario Williams (while gaining Bradie James and Donnie Jones) were awarded the highest selection of all teams, netting the 95th-overall pick (33rd pick in the third round).

    Since 1994, no one has more compensatory picks awarded than the Ravens with 37, for those fans freaking out about Baltimore's free-agent exodus. (The Packers are next with 31.) And this year, once again, Mr. Irrelevant will be chosen by the Colts, who hold the final pick in the NFL Draft. (Compensatory picks cannot be traded.)


    Team - Round - Pick - Overall Pick

    Texans- 3 - 33 - 95
    Chiefs - 3 - 33 - 96
    Titans - 3 - 33 - 97
    Ravens - 4 - 33 - 130
    49ers - 4 - 34 - 131
    Lions - 4 - 35 - 132
    Falcons - 4 - 36 - 133
    Dolphins - 5 - 33 - 166
    Packers - 5 - 34 - 167
    Ravens - 5 - 35 - 168
    Texans - 6 - 33 - 201
    Titans - 6 - 34 - 202
    Ravens - 6 - 35 - 203
    Chiefs - 6 - 36 - 204
    Raiders - 6 - 37 - 205
    Steelers - 6 - 38 - 206
    Eagles - 7 - 33 - 239
    Bengals - 7 - 34 - 240
    Seahawks-7 - 35 - 241
    Seahawks-7 -36 - 242
    Falcons - 7 - 37 - 243
    Falcons -7- 38 - 244
    Lions -7 - 39 - 245
    49ers -7 - 40 - 246
    Ravens -7 - 41 - 247
    Titans -7 - 42 - 248
    Falcons -7 - 43 - 249
    Dolphins -7 - 44 - 250
    Bengals -7 - 45 - 251
    49ers -7 - 46 - 252
    Giants -7 - 47 - 253
    Colts -7 - 48 - 254

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    NFL announces compensatory picks for 2013 NFL Draft

    Team - Round - Pick - Overall Pick

    Texans- 3 - 33 - 95
    Chiefs - 3 - 33 - 96
    Titans - 3 - 33 - 97
    Ravens - 4 - 33 - 130
    49ers - 4 - 34 - 131
    Lions - 4 - 35 - 132
    Falcons - 4 - 36 - 133
    Dolphins - 5 - 33 - 166
    Packers - 5 - 34 - 167
    Ravens - 5 - 35 - 168
    Texans - 6 - 33 - 201
    Titans - 6 - 34 - 202
    Ravens - 6 - 35 - 203
    Chiefs - 6 - 36 - 204
    Raiders - 6 - 37 - 205
    Steelers - 6 - 38 - 206
    Eagles - 7 - 33 - 239
    Bengals - 7 - 34 - 240
    Seahawks-7 - 35 - 241
    Seahawks-7 -36 - 242
    Falcons - 7 - 37 - 243
    Falcons -7- 38 - 244
    Lions -7 - 39 - 245
    49ers -7 - 40 - 246
    Ravens -7 - 41 - 247
    Titans -7 - 42 - 248
    Falcons -7 - 43 - 249
    Dolphins -7 - 44 - 250
    Bengals -7 - 45 - 251
    49ers -7 - 46 - 252
    Giants -7 - 47 - 253
    Colts -7 - 48 - 254
    THANKS TANNY!

  3. #3
    Crap, the 49ers have *14* picks!!!!! I know they can't trade the comp picks, but that still leaves 11 picks that they can give us for Revis...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    THANKS TANNY!
    Trader Mike was good at trading up and trading away low round picks and then cutting a low round player for a flyer off the street

    It can pay dividends to draft and develop players; DeVito is 1 good example...

    or take a chance on a 1 year deal and not match the top of the market, Landry is a good example, Tone is not

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Crap, the 49ers have *14* picks!!!!! I know they can't trade the comp picks, but that still leaves 11 picks that they can give us for Revis...
    That'll be us next year, only we probably won't be in the SB.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Trader Mike was good at trading up and trading away low round picks and then cutting a low round player for a flyer off the street

    It can pay dividends to draft and develop players; DeVito is 1 good example...

    or take a chance on a 1 year deal and not match the top of the market, Landry is a good example, Tone is not
    Devito was an undrafted FA

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Crap, the 49ers have *14* picks!!!!! I know they can't trade the comp picks, but that still leaves 11 picks that they can give us for Revis...
    Folks here still hoping the 9ers go after Revis with 2-3 of their 2 million picks are 2 steps away from being that guy stuck in the friend zone for 5 years believing the girl will end her 3 year relationship and fall in love with them. We're now touching delusionville with this. Let it go ... 9ers aren't dumb enough to trade super high value picks and break the bank for a CB coming off an ACL injury. The bulk of their team has been built thru the draft. They'll upgrade at positions without breaking the bank. They won't change that all of a sudden. If Revis isn't coming off an ACL injury maybe its a different story.

  8. #8
    It's all about net losses/gained that determines what rounds you receive comp picks in. If the Jets are able to get a third round comp pick in 2014, and I very much doubt we will, it will be because of Landry's contract with Indianapolis. That's the only real expensive deal struck by any FA thus far. More likely than not we'll receiving something along the lines of a 4th and a 7th. Still nice to have.

  9. #9
    As much as we all assume the Jets would get a 3rd for Revis next year... Keep in mind, while
    Tennessee did (Finnegan)
    Texans did (Williams),
    Chiefs did (Brandon Carr/Stanford Routt)

    Chargers did not, despite losing Vincent Jackson.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    As much as we all assume the Jets would get a 3rd for Revis next year... Keep in mind, while
    Tennessee did (Finnegan)
    Texans did (Williams),
    Chiefs did (Brandon Carr/Stanford Routt)

    Chargers did not, despite losing Vincent Jackson.
    The 3rd wouldn't come until 2015 and if we spent a lot of money next offseason, and with a projected $50 million in cap room looming you know we will (you have to spend at least 90% of the cap), we may get zip, zlich, NADA for Mr. Revis if he isn't dealt.

    It's all about the combination of money that left the door and money that was paid out to newbies coming in.

  11. #11
    Letting go of Landry, Keller, Greene should get us picks, but the key is we are signing guys that have been cut and not "true" free agents. I really like what Idzik is doing with this team. Just have to be real patient.
    Last edited by TebowCan'tThrow; 03-19-2013 at 05:01 PM.

  12. #12
    Adam Schefter brought this to my attention: if you sign players who have been cut, it doesn't count in the gains/losses and I believe most of if not all of the players we signed were cut, with the exception of I believe Mike Goodson. We could have a nice stable of 6th and 7th round draft picks coming to us next season, but definitely on 3's. Landry could bring a 4.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Folks here still hoping the 9ers go after Revis with 2-3 of their 2 million picks are 2 steps away from being that guy stuck in the friend zone for 5 years believing the girl will end her 3 year relationship and fall in love with them. We're now touching delusionville with this. Let it go ... 9ers aren't dumb enough to trade super high value picks and break the bank for a CB coming off an ACL injury. The bulk of their team has been built thru the draft. They'll upgrade at positions without breaking the bank. They won't change that all of a sudden. If Revis isn't coming off an ACL injury maybe its a different story.
    Much more likely, in my mind, is the 49ers trading a few picks this year for future picks, Beli style. There could be teams looking to move up to the bottom of 1st, top of 2nd round to pick up the remaining QB's. If 49ers play it smart they could set themselves up nicely for the next few years and have a stock of younger (cheaper) players on hand as vets hit free agency.

    They still have to think about Kaepernick's next deal in the near future, so cap space will be important - all the more reason why a Revis trade & sign is unlikely to happen.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The 3rd wouldn't come until 2015 and if we spent a lot of money next offseason, and with a projected $50 million in cap room looming you know we will (you have to spend at least 90% of the cap), we may get zip, zlich, NADA for Mr. Revis if he isn't dealt.

    It's all about the combination of money that left the door and money that was paid out to newbies coming in.
    no matter how much this is repeated, most people still don't get it. Over the last few weeks people have written the following misinformation:

    If we trade Revis we'll get comp picks in addition to the trade compensation - wrong
    If Revis leaves as a FA after the 2013 season, we are sure to get a 3rd round pick - wrong
    and it would be in 2014 - also wrong.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us