Thread: Mid-Round WR's

Mid-Round WR's

The Jets are likely to focus on other positions with their high picks, but need to add at least one more receiver to the mix.

One of the things the team was missing last year was a player like Jerricho Cotchery who had good hands and knew where the sticks were, to keep things moving when Holmes was hurt/preening.

Luckily, there are a few players who should be available in the 4th or 5th rounds who I think could work well for the Jets.

Quinton Patton - La Tech

A very productive receiver on a winning team, shows good route running skills and hands but without elite top end speed.

Here's Scott Wright's write up

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ton-Patton.php

Also, his film is surprisingly good. Especially against Texas A&M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOC2hKV7iM

Kenny Stills - Oklahoma

Also productive, lacks speed but uses routes and body positioning. Also known for his toughness.

Corey Fuller- Virginia Tech

I think he could be a steal for someone in the 6th round. 6'2 and runs a 4.45, and showed well at the combine. Kind of came out of nowhere this year on a pretty sad Hokie squad, definitely worth keeping an eye

The Jets are definitely going to take a wide out this class, probably later in the draft, who do you like?

WR Darick Rodgers

This kid has all the tools. He was very immature at Tenesee. It appears he has matured a lot. I would hope the Jets would take a chance on him in round three.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets904 View Post
    The Jets are likely to focus on other positions with their high picks, but need to add at least one more receiver to the mix.

One of the things the team was missing last year was a player like Jerricho Cotchery who had good hands and knew where the sticks were, to keep things moving when Holmes was hurt/preening.

Luckily, there are a few players who should be available in the 4th or 5th rounds who I think could work well for the Jets.

Quinton Patton - La Tech

A very productive receiver on a winning team, shows good route running skills and hands but without elite top end speed.

Here's Scott Wright's write up

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ton-Patton.php

Also, his film is surprisingly good. Especially against Texas A&M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOC2hKV7iM

Kenny Stills - Oklahoma

Also productive, lacks speed but uses routes and body positioning. Also known for his toughness.

Corey Fuller- Virginia Tech

I think he could be a steal for someone in the 6th round. 6'2 and runs a 4.45, and showed well at the combine. Kind of came out of nowhere this year on a pretty sad Hokie squad, definitely worth keeping an eye

The Jets are definitely going to take a wide out this class, probably later in the draft, who do you like?

When you say mid-round I 'm assuming you mean Rd 3,4 or 5?

If so I think Quinton Patton doesn't get out of the 2nd.Love him as a prospect though and have also really warmed up to Keenan Allen who if he somehow slipped to our pick early in the 2nd would be a great value pick who I think will have an outstanding pro career.

I think Fuller is very intriguing and also really like Tavarres King from Georgia.Think he's underrated.Nota burner necessarily but with good size,has produced in the SEC and runs well enough after the catch.

Why are these players any different from White who's already on our roster?
    Interesting that some Jet players were openly wondering why this kid wasn't given more of a chance with the amount of injuries at WR last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Why are these players any different from White who's already on our roster?
    Interesting that some Jet players were openly wondering why this kid wasn't given more of a chance with the amount of injuries at WR last year.
    Don't disagree that White should get a shot and may be a hidden gem but with both Holmes and Edwards likely gone after this year(if we even resign Bray)then we need another WR and if a talent like Patton or Allen is available in the second then we'd be nuts not to pul the trigger because we have Jordan White on the roster.Lets not forget how dismal our talent level on offence was last year.I don't think any of our wideouts are nailed on certainties for varying reasons other than Kerley.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    When you say mid-round I 'm assuming you mean Rd 3,4 or 5?

If so I think Quinton Patton doesn't get out of the 2nd.Love him as a prospect though and have also really warmed up to Keenan Allen who if he somehow slipped to our pick early in the 2nd would be a great value pick who I think will have an outstanding pro career.

I think Fuller is very intriguing and also really like Tavarres King from Georgia.Think he's underrated.Nota burner necessarily but with good size,has produced in the SEC and runs well enough after the catch.
    I agree. I'd be shocked if Patton got out of Round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    This kid has all the tools. He was very immature at Tenesee. It appears he has matured a lot. I would hope the Jets would take a chance on him in round three.
    Where as I don't think this team will target WRs we seem pretty well set there Rodgers will be a steal for someone. Rodney Smith in the 6th would be nice too.

I wouldnt mind picking up Rodney Smith from FSU. 6'6 not the fastest guy but has reliable hands. Could be a good red zone target.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I wouldnt mind picking up Rodney Smith from FSU. 6'6 not the fastest guy but has reliable hands. Could be a good red zone target.
    True, if he learns how to use his body to shield the defenders he could be a really good red zone target.