Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Owners Meetings Tweets-Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Jgrlica3 View Post
    Would you prefer he turn the reigns over to Thurman? HCs who are former OCs are often responsible for the offensive play calling. This is really no different.

The fact that Thurman is a rookie DC and Rex knows his a$$ is on the line this year makes his decision a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.
    Yes, actually. A head coaching job is a managing and mentoring position, not a "doing it" position. He should be training and mentoring Thurman to do the DC job, not taking it over himself. If Thurman is nt up for this, he should not be placed in the position.

Rex has shown a willingness to abdicate his HC role as the leader of the entire team, since he has been here. This latest revelation is more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I would assume he wants him to be a HEAD coach, not a Dcoordinator who happens to have the title of head coach.
    That would be a correct assumption.

Also, if he was going to take a more active role in calling plays, at least at first, that should be kept between the HC and the DC. He is undermining his DC from the start.

But Rex's ego cannot let him remain in the background. HE has to get credit. Even at the expense of the DC.

This guy is not a leader. I guess that is why he can't recognize them amongst his players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Also, if he was going to take a more active role in calling plays, at least at first, that should be kept between the HC and the DC. He is undermining his DC from the start.

But Rex's ego cannot let him remain in the background. HE has to get credit. Even at the expense of the DC.

This guy is not a leader. I guess that is why he can't recognize them amongst his players.
    The Tuna even took over calling offensive plays for awhile when he was HC..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I would assume he wants him to be a HEAD coach, not a Dcoordinator who happens to have the title of head coach.
    No, I understand that he needs to be involved, but the most important contribution he can make is to change the culture of the team. No more "defensive" Offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    No, I understand that he needs to be involved, but the most important contribution he can make is to change the culture of the team. No more "defensive" Offenses.
    I can agree with this. The unfortunate thing is the Jets tried to open it up the year before last and it exposed the QB badly. Unless we get even a competent QB back there it doesn't matter if we open it up or play it tight we will get smacked around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    says a lot about his intelligence now doesn't it?
    What does it say? Did you ever see him on Meet Your Opponent where he knows every answer to the most obscure football question? What does that say about his intelligence? Supposedly Bellichick is a 'student of the game', but I would call that a student of the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @HubbuchNYP: Rex: Anthony Lynn has been named assistant head coach/offense.
    Does anyone know much about Lynn? Running backs coach to Ass't HC offense, that's a huge promotion isn't it?